Humidity:  59%

Just finished loading the car, I hate doing stuff in weather like this
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:42:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Hi there!  How's it going?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:42:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I fail to see the problem.  

I live in TX though, which is pretty much like getting beaten by the "Heat" stick every day.

I like the heat.

Cold sucks.

Snow sucks.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:43:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Shut up you pussy.

That's my one beef with you southerners, you're always bitching about the heat. I moved from Detroit to Dallas, and I wouldn't even know that it's hot if these damn Texans weren't constantly reminding me.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:44:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I live in TX though, which is pretty much like getting beaten by the "Heat" stick every day.

I like the heat.

Cold sucks.

Snow sucks.

I absolutely can not STAND to be cold!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:44:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

loading my meger possesions in the car to move them.

Couldnt go to the range today, all my eye/ear protection (4 sets) is nowhere to be found.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:46:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I like the heat.

Cold sucks.

Snow sucks.

House is around 90 right now.

In the winter I run no head and Im ok with it being 40 inside, its not a problem to me.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:46:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I like the heat.

Cold sucks.

Snow sucks.

Come see me in November. I'll warm you up so that you never get cold again.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:46:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Be thankful. Triple digit heat and gnats are the only things keeping us from being up over our hips in yankees.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:48:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Couldnt go to the range today, all my eye/ear protection (4 sets) is nowhere to be found.

Where are you moving to?

LOL motown_steve, I think CnL will manage to keep me warm!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:49:39 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where are you moving to?

Well the offer's on the table.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:50:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where are you moving to?

Family members house for now, maybe somewhere else once I find a place.

Wish you were here, I need to sell ammo
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:50:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Be thankful. Triple digit heat and gnats are the only things keeping us from being up over our hips in yankees.

+1.  Too many as it is.

93 here, 43% humidity.

Just took a hour hike in the woods with the kids.  Knife lessons.

Yo, Taxman, is your fort air conditioned???
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:51:34 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I like the heat.

Cold sucks.

Snow sucks.

House is around 90 right now.

In the winter I run no head and Im ok with it being 40 inside, its not a problem to me.

ETA I'm glad Mrs Goon doesn't!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:52:03 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1.  Too many as it is.

93 here, 43% humidity.

Just took a hour hike in the woods with the kids.  Knife lessons.

Yo, Taxman, is your fort air conditioned???

AC costs money I cant really afford and justify to myself.

I just remember when Im trying to get to sleep that if I was on welfare I could have the AC down to 50 with the doors open.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:52:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Welcome Back Buddy!!!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:52:36 PM EDT
[#16]
I refuse to complain even though I want to. Our guys are sitting in 130 degree heat. I have air conditioning and a frige full of mountain dew. I can't complain.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:55:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Its just a matter of time before they figure out how to tax the sunshine.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:55:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Don't mind the heat.  World rather have it hot than freezing cold.  I just carry a towel with me to wipe the sweat and keep it from running in my eyes and drink lots of Gatoraid and water.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:56:44 PM EDT
[#19]
it's not the heat, it's the stupidity
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:58:14 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Its just a matter of time before they figure out how to tax the sunshine.

Well if they turned it off for me I wouldnt bitch
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:59:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:59:44 PM EDT
[#22]
So I get the feeling ya all wanna get away from the heat. And there's lill ol me here just wanting to get over there.

Looks like we'll have to have a lottery to see who gets to have my humble abode in rainy Wales.

How much should tickets be?
I wanna end up in Arizona though ...I hate the heat but love the laws

Taffy
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:00:18 PM EDT
[#23]
What's wrong with the cold? Damn southerners always whining about temperatures. You're supposed to be well adapted tp the heat but that doesn't stop the whining.

In the winter, all I need is my leather jacket. What sucks most about winter is the icy, snow covered roads and driveways(I have a real driveway, not those 10ft ones that most call a driveway). Can't ride my bike in the winter because of it. You know it's winter when your jeans harden instantly and you feel it in your nasal cavities. Not like "winter" in the south.

You know it's winter in NY when you need to chisel the 3" ice sheet off of the windshield after you brush the snow off. When you need to shovel around the car each morning. When the snow goes up to your knees. That's winter, real winter. And it's great.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:01:39 PM EDT
[#24]
I hate the heat. But I LOVE the gun Al Pacino uses....whatever that may be
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:01:52 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
So I get the feeling ya all wanna get away from the heat. And there's lill ol me here just wanting to get over there.

Looks like we'll have to have a lottery to see who gets to have my humble abode in rainy Wales.

Taffy

Aren't the laws better in just about every US state compared to Wales? If you like lax laws but hate heat, may I recommend Alaska?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:04:12 PM EDT
[#26]
"sell ammo...... !" Huuuummmm I'm buying ammo . You could hate yourself in the morning  better give that "sell ammo thing" a day or two to go away .
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:05:29 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
"sell ammo...... !" Huuuummmm I'm buying ammo . You could hate yourself in the morning  better give that "sell ammo thing" a day or two to go away .

Havent been shooting in a long time, sold some guns too, I need to get rid of alot of it
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:16:19 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Havent been shooting in a long time, sold some guns too, I need to get rid of alot of it

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:18:33 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sold the p22, AK, CZ52, G21, Makarov got thrown away, 10/22, AR, trying to sell other AR, and the 7.7 jap
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:20:40 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I like the heat.

Cold sucks.

Snow sucks.

you and every other woman in the world hehe.  It's chromasomal.  

Personally, I'll take cold over this humid nasty crap we get here all some ANY day.  Not freezing, mind you, but 50ish.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:23:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:26:21 PM EDT
[#32]
How come you're still screwing around, Taxman, and haven't joined the military?  Really, you need to do something to give yourself some guidance/purpose.  I wish I were 20 years younger and in your shoes.

vmax84
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:26:23 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Personally, I'll take cold over this humid nasty crap we get here all some ANY day.  Not freezing, mind you, but 50ish.  

50ish IS freezing!!!!!  I get chilly when it starts to plummet below 75!!!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:28:43 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
How come you're still screwing around, Taxman, and haven't joined the military?  Really, you need to do something to give yourself some guidance/purpose.  I wish I were 20 years younger and in your shoes.

vmax84

Same reason I fuck around and screw up everything in my life.

Later on I will wonder why I didnt do it, and regret it, this goes for alot of things
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:32:26 PM EDT
[#35]
try being a welder this time of year
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:32:28 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

vmax84

Same reason I fuck around and screw up everything in my life.

Later on I will wonder why I didnt do it, and regret it, this goes for alot of things

Looking back, joining the military was the best thing for me.  I wasn't ready for college after high school.  So, joined the Air Force right out of high school, did my 4 years, got out, and was then ready for college and everything else.

I'm serious, brother............go join the military.

vmax84
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:35:32 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
try being a welder this time of year

Worked in a place next to the ultrasonic parts washer before, that was in NY so it wasnt as bad.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:37:55 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sold the p22, AK, CZ52, G21, Makarov got thrown away, 10/22, AR, trying to sell other AR, and the 7.7 jap

Got link to EE?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:38:56 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I like the heat.

Cold sucks.

Snow sucks.

Ft Knox in Jan cured me of cold-love
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:39:08 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Got link to EE?

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=282609

I'll come off the price some too
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:50:05 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Taffy

Aren't the laws better in just about every US state compared to Wales? If you like lax laws but hate heat, may I recommend Alaska?

Hmmm

In NY I gather Muzzle brakes/flash hiders/bayonet lugs/variable stocks/silencers  are banned

We are allowed these here in the UK on our AR's

What's happening in Alaska?
In what way are their laws more favorable?.I hate the heat too.

Cheers

Taffy
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:56:44 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Taffy

Hmmm

In NY I gather Muzzle brakes/flash hiders/bayonet lugs/variable stocks/silencers  are banned

Cheers

Taffy

WHAT!?! I thought laws in the UK were strict. I thought the laws over there were really strict regarding semi-autos.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:59:07 PM EDT
[#43]
+100

I've been wishing for a good 8" of snow for quite a while now.  Supposedly this has been the hottest summer on record here in IL.  I'm sick of sweating from the constant 90+ temps and 90+ humidity.  I really want things to turn white again.    I love snow!  

You can always put more clothes on but can only take so many off.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:04:05 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Taffy

Hmmm

Cheers

Taffy

WHAT!?! I thought laws in the UK were strict. I thought the laws over there were really strict regarding semi-autos.

They are....

We can have the accesories....but we can only have "straight pull" configuration rifles.

Single shot in essence. Check the UK forum for pics

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=5&t=207489
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:14:00 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Taffy

Hmmm

Cheers

Taffy

They are....

We can have the accesories....but we can only have "straight pull" configuration rifles.

That's what I mean. You can have the real action but you just can only have only one of three of the following with a semi-auto rifle with detachable mag: pistol grip, flash supressor(hider), bayoney lug, folding/telescoping stock, or "grenade launcher".

You can have one of them but not more, you have a choice. Makes a lot of sense don't it? If these things are so dangerous, why are they legal alone?

But still, we have semi-autos but you can have all of the above accessories with a manually operated firearm.

I never understood how the "straight-pull" works. IS it like a bolt action except with the charging handle in it's place?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:19:42 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

50ish IS freezing!!!!!  I get chilly when it starts to plummet below 75!!!!

I keep a couple of woven throws on my two barcoloungers in the room with the big screen TV, for when I'm entertaining lol.  Even with the thermostat on 75, and the unit not blowing cold air, they STILL get cold...it's kind of a standing joke now.  

My theory, based on extensive research, is that women have no circulation past their knees and elbows, and NONE in their butts.    There is no object on this planet as cold as a woman's butt in the middle of the night.  By now, you're probably laughing, 'cos you KNOW I'm right.  

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:22:15 PM EDT
[#47]
LOL I the midst of all this Texas heat, I keep a blankie in CnL's truck for when the AC makes me cold....
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:24:46 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Taffy

Hmmm

Cheers

Taffy

They are....

That's what I mean. You can have the real action but you just can only have only one of three of the following with a semi-auto rifle with detachable mag: pistol grip, flash supressor(hider), bayoney lug, folding/telescoping stock, or "grenade launcher".

You can have one of them but not more, you have a choice. Makes a lot of sense don't it? If these things are so dangerous, why are they legal alone?

But still, we have semi-autos but you can have all of the above accessories with a manually operated firearm.

I never understood how the "straight-pull" works. IS it like a bolt action except with the charging handle in it's place?

The only difference with one of ours is..

No hole drilled into the barrel
No gas tube
No gas rings
Single fire select trigger

We have to cock the rifle after ever shot to eject the spent round and load the next round

Not our choice but we make it work

Taffy

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:41:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Sorry, I work in this heat everyday. So I don't feel sorry for you.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:17:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Like I told my father years ago when he was visiting me from Buffalo, and complaining about the Texas heat, "Dad, no matter how hot it gets, I never have any trouble driving in it and I never have to shovel it." Case closed.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top