Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2005 3:56:04 PM EDT
If you want to watch a weepy-ass love story, go watch something else, this movie will not interest you.  If you like watching G-36's, UMP's, MP5's, Mossbergs, 1911's, Berettas, Rottweilers, extended gun fights, wild-ass chase scenes, hot latina women, and a crime boss who makes his underlings eat food off of the floor like a dog, then you will love this movie.  Well written, clever plot with some unexpected twists and humor thrown in. Four out of four stars.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:15:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Entertaining, but I am not any better for seeing it. I certainly don't regret the $7.

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:21:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Entertaining, but I am not any better for seeing it. I certainly don't regret the $7.

Do you go to the movies for moral guidance or something?

How do you expect a movie to make you better?

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:22:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Yes, it does not contain any lessons about morality, beyond "Don't mess with the mother of folks who know how to take care of business".
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:35:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you go to the movies for moral guidance or something?

How do you expect a movie to make you better?

Movies are modern mythology. Saving Private Ryan is an example of a movie that had a deep and positive effect on me. It's not about the movie, its about the story. As cultures have used mythology for thousands of years to teach what is right and wrong, and what should or shouldn't be done, so do we--and in modern times movies are how we do it. BTW- there are only about 4 stories...everything else is just a new mixture of the four, and a different plot.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:43:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Four Brothers - EXCELENT MOVIE  

For a retard.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:47:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

For a retard.  

I am far from retarded.  I guess you would prefer "Bridges of Madison County" or "Remains of the Day"  
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:52:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

For a retard.  

Was that really necessary?  Didn't that two-dollar whore of a mother teach you any manners?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:53:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

For a retard.  

I am far from retarded.  I guess you would prefer "Bridges of Madison County" or "Remains of the Day"  

I didn't say you were a retard.  I said it was an excellent movie for a retard.  Sorry, doesn't do it for me.  I've enjoyed your other posts, I just see absolutely '0' appeal in this movie.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:54:05 PM EDT
[#9]
All I know is...it's Mark Wahlberg....AKA Calvin Klein underwear model....'nuff said
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:57:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Look, sorry again...look at this way...even Steven King said "Maximum Overdrive" was a self-admitted "Moron Movie".  
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:57:33 PM EDT
[#11]
It will be a cold day in hell before Mark Walburg gets a penny of my money.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top