Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2005 1:07:20 PM EDT
Not exactly comfortable with the fact that we are in trillions of $$$'s worth of debt to china and that russia has just become china's newest, closest friend?....while most of the rest of the world is still jaded that we invaded iraq?....as Gerhard Schroder of Germany tells Bush jr to butt the he11 out of Irans Nuclear goings on?....as Condi Rice scolds china for employing unethical economical venues?

And what are we doing?...Closing Down Military Bases?....wtf?

My advice?...Drink cheap whiskey and buy lots of ammo.

We got to watch the movie "Red Dawn"...and if our diplomacy and administrative conditions get any worse?....we may get to live it.

Hint:...The movie didn't end well.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:11:34 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Hint:...The movie didn't end well.

You need to watch the movie again. While many of the partisans died, they were eventually glorified for their sacrifices after American regained her independence and expelled the Soviet imperialist commie dogs.

Leah Thompson's character explains this in a voice over while the camera shows Partisan Rock.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:12:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:13:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

We got to watch the movie "Red Dawn"...and if our diplomacy and administrative conditions get any worse?....we may get to live it.

How?

China doesn't have the capacity to physically MOVE their army across the Pacific, Russia is bankrupt and their military is rapidly becoming a joke, and Europe is gradually downsizing their militaries (because they think the threat from Russia is gone, and apparently don't own any history books ).

You worry too much.

China is rapidly becoming a capitalist country, albeit one with a dictatorial government.  In another generation or two, China will be like Singapore.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:17:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:19:33 PM EDT
[#5]
F*&^ em all.  Korea is our biggest threat.  Russia and China are playing together so they can convince each other that they matter.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:23:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:23:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The forecasters have been saying for years that China's going to be a big problem. I don't know what data they were looking at, but it's becoming more evident that they were right.

In 2003, I contacted my US Representative and gave him a laundry list of things of why I thought China was going to be our undoing, he personally wrote me back and said he had just gotten back from China and thought I was right on the spot. Having a US Rep tell me that he thought China would be our undoing wasn't a bright note, but at least I felt he was telling me the truth for once. Too bad that Rep is no longer in the House and isn't mouthing off to Washington and the press about it.

Oh wait, the press...yeah right!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top