Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2005 11:08:27 AM EDT
Here comes armageddon. I was in my truck today and I drove past a person applying makeup at 80 mph in their Honda CRV.

Not unusual in itself.

However.

IT WAS A FRIGGIN DUDE!

Close cropped hair, business suit w/tie, full goatee and mustache.

He had one of those little makeup things with the mirror on it and he was slapping it all over his face on the highway.

This wasn't San Fransisco, this was Saratoga Springs NY.

Humanity is doomed.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:11:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Nothing surprises me anymore.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:11:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Well you did say that this happened in NY! That dosen't suprise me one bit.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:11:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Off topic:  Is the quote in your sigline supposed to be funny?  It's pretty much true of youth today.  Party in dark rooms, listen to repetitive electronic music and do drugs.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:13:42 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
, full goatee and mustache.

Should have told you all you need to know.

Either a dude who lives 10yrs in the past  or is a gay dude.  

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:21:39 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Off topic:  Is the quote in your sigline supposed to be funny?  It's pretty much true of youth today.  Party in dark rooms, listen to repetitive electronic music and do drugs.

irony

i·ro·ny (ī'rə-nē, ī'ər-)
n., pl. -nies.

a. The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning.
b. An expression or utterance marked by a deliberate contrast between apparent and intended meaning.
c. A literary style employing such contrasts for humorous or rhetorical effect. See synonyms at wit1.

a. Incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs: “Hyde noted the irony of  Ireland's copying the nation she most hated” (Richard Kain).
b.  An occurrence, result, or circumstance notable for such incongruity. See Usage Note at ironic.

3.  Dramatic irony.

4. Socratic irony.

www.answers.com/irony&r=67
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:29:01 AM EDT
[#6]
I just didn't know if it was just meant to "illustrate absurdity by being absurd" or being humorously ironic.

Either way it's funny, so I wasn't sure.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:01:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I just didn't know if it was just meant to "illustrate absurdity by being absurd" or being humorously ironic.

Ohhh I thought when you said "supposed to be funny" you were being a jackass.

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:05:26 PM EDT
[#8]
You Bastard! That look you gave me made me smudge my eye shadow!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:08:21 PM EDT
[#9]
#$%%^^!!! friggin&**(())^%%###!!!!!
Sorry I've had a few tall cool, frosty beers
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:09:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:11:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Was he good looking?

j/k  

Why did you want me to get his digits for you?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:12:33 PM EDT
[#12]

I suppose there's a tiny chance that it was an aspiring actor, on his way to a set or something like that (but not "big" enough to get make-up artists on-set).

I dunno - I'm just desperately trying to come up with an explanation other than the fact that society is going down the shitter!  

Although - to be fair.  Didn't a LOT of men in the time of the founding fathers wear powdered wigs and makeup?  
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:13:34 PM EDT
[#13]
That is surprising!

We all know that all of the faggots are in San Francisco, right?

Maybe he was on vacation?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:24:09 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ohhh I thought when you said "supposed to be funny" you were being a jackass.

Yeah, I didn't put it the right way.  I'm not sure why I said that.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:34:46 PM EDT
[#15]
A reporter on the way to a live cover story?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:43:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:53:27 PM EDT
[#17]
I bet you winked at him though.

jk
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:00:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Actor, I doubt it. Not in Saratoga in August. Unless there's a whole on site production, there certainly aren't any studio's there.

He wasn't any local TV reporter that I've seen either. He was heading away from Albany (where there are TV stations) and didn't have any camera people with him.

I was fathoming all the possibilities on my way home and I just couldn't come to the conclusion that this person NEEDED to be wearing make up. Any professional that would need it because of lighting wouldn't be putting it on in a car because of how exact it would need to be to not make it look like they have poor areas of skin, right?

The only thing that was going through my mind after I saw this was. "If it wasn't for my horse I never wouldn't have spent that year in college"

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:06:58 PM EDT
[#19]
A couple of months ago I saw a dude dressed up like a ballerina and carrying a purse get out of a truck and go into the truck stop here in my hometown
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:20:03 PM EDT
[#20]

YOU CAN GO 80 MPH IN NEW YORK ?????
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:22:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Maybe it was Shepard Smith from Fox news on his way to work and running late.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:22:51 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
 YOU CAN GO 80 MPH IN NEW YORK ?????

Well if you consider "can go" as, "police won't stop you on the 65mph speed limit interstate for doing 80". Yeah sure.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:23:46 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Maybe it was Shepard Smith from Fox news on his way to work and running late.

He'd be really late if he was 150 miles above NYC and going in the opposite direction.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:25:06 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
A couple of months ago I saw a dude dressed up like a ballerina and carrying a purse get out of a truck and go into the truck stop here in my hometown

Maybe someone lost a bet?   HOPEFULLY that's what it was.  

When someone over on pre-ban claimed that Baghdad was going to be the new U.N. Headquarters, I told him I would wear a ballerina outfit to work if that happend.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:26:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Gay thread?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:32:42 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Gay thread?

Why? You drive a black CRV?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top