Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2001 5:21:10 PM EDT
I see a lot of Ohio residents on this board.  Since I missed the bulletfest due to being newly married I was wondering if the Ohio residents and neighboring states would like to put together a small shoot before we run out of summer.  Any suggestions on locations, dates,  and is anyone interested?  Just make it after July 24th so I will have received my LEGP. HA
[:\]
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 2:39:27 AM EDT
[#1]
i am always up for a shoot, check out the other Ohio thread there are a few others up for it to.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 12:04:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Count me in, I'm kicking myself in the ass for not going to the bulletfest.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 12:13:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Lets see how many people are interseted.. This will make it easier to make arrangements.  I spoke with ANTIUSSA and he said the bulletfest was a blast.  I guess I'm feeling envious at this point.  Lets see go on honeymoon or go to the bulletfest.  If I knew the sexlife would drop off so fast I would have gone to the bulletfest!  I could have burnt up a hell of a lot of ammo for what the honeymoon cost and I'd still be getting laid with the same frequency I am now.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 2:59:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm interested. Bulletfest will be hard to top. We really don't have to try. Something small would be fine with me.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 3:37:27 PM EDT
[#5]
btt
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 4:42:17 PM EDT
[#6]
btt
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 5:44:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds interesting. I went to WV to see brother in-laws new little girl. Missed the WW-2
re-enactment in Covington also.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 2:44:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Where & when?
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 9:45:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Thats what we are trying to determine.  We need to see how many people are interested to see what kind of facility we need.  We can set a date from that point.  I am not a member of range, but I can give ANTIUSSA a call and see if he knows of any private land owners who have hosted this type of thing in the past.  (He lived in OHIO for a long time)  Any ideas are appreciated.  I just want to be involed in one more blowout before the summer is over!
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 10:22:05 AM EDT
[#10]
What part of the state do we want to have it in. There is a public range by me, has 25, 50 and 100 yard berms (Waynesville, Ceasers Creek area). A private club might be a little tough. So we would probally have to stick to public ranges or someones backyard.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 10:39:27 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm in Columbus.  Thats just a hop skip and a jump from me.  What does everyone else think?
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 10:43:45 AM EDT
[#12]
It works for me also.  Just need to know what the day would be.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 4:52:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Springvalley will work for me. Has plenty of stations. And the 100 yrd range is hardly ever full. It opens at 9am. We get there at 8:55 and get signed in and set up and end up being by ourselves till about 10:30. Really nice place. Has archery and trap area also. Oh and it is closed on Mon and Tue.

Just make sure if we go to a public state run range everyone needs to go get their range passes. You can get them anywhere fishing and hunting licenses are sold. Its $3 for one day, or $10 for a year IF you all ready have a fishing or hunting license. If you buy the yearly with out having one of the two its $25 for a year and you end up with either a fishing or hunting license. State gets you any way possible.

Throw some dates out there. I am good anytime after this weekend.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 4:53:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Oh, I will call and see what the target type limitations are. We set up a target stand with a couple papers on it then throw out 30 or 40 clay birds on the berm to blast.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 8:52:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Sounds good to me.  I want to go and test out the legs on my new LEGP..  Only problem is I dont have it yet.  All I ask is we set the date at least Two Weeks from Now.  I will have my new rifle and all of its extra shit.  I have broken down my colt to accomidate the ATN scope that I ordered.  I'm readdy to get it on as soon as I get my toys.  I think we should invite GRIN & ANTI as well.  They have done this website a huge favor with not a whole lot of thanks and still have a smile everytime they post.. Just my own input.  Lets get it finalized and I will be there.   Good Shooting untill then.  
TRICKEY
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 3:36:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Trickey, you ought to have one of the mods pin this to the top to get the most exposure. Or even move it over to the meetings forum. Hell anyone that wants to come is more than welcome. The more the merrier.  You should email them and see if they are interested. Yeah two weeks would be good. I am planning on heading over to Indiana for their little get together the weekend of the 25th of Aug. You might be interested in that also.

Dave
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 12:26:38 PM EDT
[#17]
bump
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 8:12:08 AM EDT
[#18]
got to be more buckeyes than this that want to go shooting.
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 1:12:54 PM EDT
[#19]
I might be interested, Where is this Springvalley place you guys were talking about? Where/when is the shoot?
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 1:22:19 PM EDT
[#20]
sounds good to me.......when can we get it all together
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 1:55:11 PM EDT
[#21]
keep us posted.mmk
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 3:25:33 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm already in Columbus. I don't think the state range is a good idea for the type of shooting "we" often do as they don't allow bumping or more than 3 fast shots. Targets have to be approved materials (no plastic, metal, pictures, appliances etc.) No MG's or full auto and they log your ID, time in and out. More invasion of privacy than I like.  It would be really nice to find someone willing to let us use private land.

SS
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 4:35:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Private land would be great, just need to find some then. I mainly just shoot paper and clay birds anyway when I go to the state ranges so its no big deal for me.

I havent seen an actual date yet -- trying to figure out where first. If people have ideas yell out.

Dave
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 7:07:59 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm in Grove City. A couple of private club ranges would be the Blue Rock range in Zanesville, Pickaway County sportsmans club, as well as some others. Public ranges are in Delaware and Mt. Sterling... I'm there, if someone organizes it, (not me, don't ask), and I wouldn't mind paying an entrance fee.
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 7:13:35 PM EDT
[#25]
I asked around the range today if they new anybody that we could "rent" land from for a day.  They were alot more open to the idea untill they found out it was all AR owners.  Do we have a bad rap.  Still doing some research, I'll let you guys know what pops up.
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 12:03:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Well keep us updated. It would be nice if an Ohio member had some land to shoot on. We always have SpringValley to fall back on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top