Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/19/2005 10:12:59 PM EDT
I, like most here, take some comfort from the knowledge that child molesters get raped in prison.

However, I do not understand why so many believe that rape in prison is justifiable, or in many cases good, for the rest. It seems that most, including prison guards and cops, seem to think that being raped naturally comes along with being in prison, and condone such activity.

I don't think that prison should be easy, but I also feel that nobody(with the possible exception of child molesters and rapists) deserves to be raped. The perverts are nearly impossible to reform, and often take pride in destroying some child or woman's life. They probably need to have the tables turned on them.

However, there is no reason(karma or otherwise) that men going to prison for other crimes should face the very likely prospect of being gang raped, especially now that AIDS has turned gang rape into a virtual death sentence.

I just don't get it.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:15:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Fuck em if they can't be a part of decent society. If they die of aids my tax money can be used for something better.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:15:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Wife's ex husband is also an ex prison guard.  He said that it's built up to look like it happens way way more than it actually does.  In 5 years he said he knew of it happening maybe 10 times.  He also said that a lot of people who claim to be str8 outside.  Will turn queer as a football bat inside.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:58:00 PM EDT
[#3]
It seems that most, including prison guards and cops, seem to think that being raped naturally comes along with being in prison, and condone such activity.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Well I have worked in a state prison as a Officer for 8 years (absolutly hate it). I can tell you that almost all officers treat it as a very serious offense. It doesnt happen very often though. When it does happen its not normally someone holding someone down and raping them. Its a big thug finding some new scared young guy and intimidating him into doing it. 99% of the time this happens the officers will never know becuase the person getting forced to do it is to ashamed to bring it up. Usually the homo's get enough willing people where its not a issue. It also depends greatly on the type of housing units the inmates are in. My building has had very few cases of inmate sex and in the 6 years in the same building no reported rapes. It is a open dormitory with direct suppervision of a officer at all times. the officer is locked in with 60 inmates for his entire 8hr shift.  Some prisons are different than others.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:54:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted: I just don't get it.
Punishment from man (government) is too soft, those criminals are treated too nicely by the legal system.  AIDS is God's punishment and the prison rapists work for free so it saves me tax money and benefits!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:57:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Punishment from man (government) is too soft, those criminals are treated too nicely by the legal system.  AIDS is God's punishment and the prison rapists work for free so it saves me tax money and benefits!

Would you be saying aids was god's punishment if you or a loved one contracted it through a way other than gay intercourse?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:58:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Fuck em if they can't be a part of decent society. If they die of aids my tax money can be used for something better.

Remember that statement should you ever have the misfortune of being convicted of some trumped-up, Unconstitutional gun charge.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:58:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Would you be saying aids was god's punishment if you or a loved one contracted it through a way other than gay intercourse?  That's a pretty F$%^#d up attitude.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:59:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Actually the thugs doing the raping are being rewarded by the system that allows it to go on.  They are hardened rapists, child molesters and murderers, getting their rocks off most likely on some young kid that is in for drugs or something.  You're saying that the kid deserves being raped and the big perverted creep gets to have a good time?  That's some fucked up backwards thinking.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:02:50 PM EDT
[#9]
don't want to get poked?  Don't do something to get thrown in the pokey.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:13:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
.....  AIDS is God's punishment and the prison rapists work for free so it saves me tax money and benefits!

Praise the lord.... here is yet another reason why I am agnostic..... Seriously it is not that hard to get thrown in the slammer on unconstitutional trummped up charges, so you refuse to give up your guns and get sent to club fed, and GOD punishes you with a gang rape aids death sentence... wait for it.... for god so loved the world he gave his only begotten son.... PUHLEEZE. I be you are your the best evagelist in your congregation.

This is why I don't like many professed christians, because of this attitude. Take a clue from Boston T. Party, read his views. There is a tollerable form of christianity.

I have some realatives that work as correctional officers, and they say it is not as common as largely portrayed. Just a myth that might help scare people straight.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:19:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
.....  AIDS is God's punishment and the prison rapists work for free so it saves me tax money and benefits!

Praise the lord.... here is yet another reason why I am agnostic..... Seriously it is not that hard to get thrown in the slammer on unconstitutional trummped up charges, so you refuse to give up your guns and get sent to club fed, and GOD punishes you with a gang rape aids death sentence... wait for it.... for god so loved the world he gave his only begotten son.... PUHLEEZE. I be you are your the best evagelist in your congregation.

This is why I don't like many professed christians, because of this attitude. Take a clue from Boston T. Party, read his views. There is a tollerable form of christianity.

Marcus hardly speaks for all, a majority, or even a significant percentage of Christians with his statement.

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:24:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Although I agree with you 100%, I cant help but think of getting screwed (no pun intended) by the system.  Imagine a badguy comes into your house, threatens you, and the wife or kids.  You shoot the guy and kill him.  And for some god-awful reason the cops dont seem to see it as self defense, you go to trial, and the next thing you know your in there with some real bad dudes.

I dont know how often that actually happens, but it's not a very pretty thought.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:26:00 PM EDT
[#13]
I think it adds to the prison experience.

Hell, what kind of hard ass are you if you haven't been held down by 5 large men and violated???  
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:29:58 PM EDT
[#14]
It's like most other things I have no control over.  I can't bring myself to care.  Sure, there are innocent people in jail.  Jail's a bad place to be.  You have to be strong and/or smart to survive it and, it's just the way it is.  People get killed there too.  I really don't care about that either.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:31:55 PM EDT
[#15]
It is a insult, a situation where a person, who has hurt you a family member or friend, is going to be in a situation where they will not have any control over what happens to them. By having to live in that enviroment day in and day out, you are hoping that they will suffer every day, as you or your family member or friend may be suffering through everyday.......... something like that.

If you really want to remind them of what they are facing, send them a gift set of Soap on a rope....

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:33:45 PM EDT
[#16]
called poetic justice.........frankly,  I'd rather see these scums murdered by a fellow prisoner so they don't use taxpayers money in feeding them...........sort of like what happen to that priest, sometimes it's good to hear things like that.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:45:29 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Although I agree with you 100%, I cant help but think of getting screwed (no pun intended) by the system.  Imagine a badguy comes into your house, threatens you, and the wife or kids.  You shoot the guy and kill him.  And for some god-awful reason the cops dont seem to see it as self defense, you go to trial, and the next thing you know your in there with some real bad dudes.

I dont know how often that actually happens, but it's not a very pretty thought.

alright I see what you mean....in that case, sleep on your back.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:49:14 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I wish this was in the pit, you are a moron! You could easily be convicted of a crime you didn't commit, but I guess you would deserve getting ass fucked and contracting HIV/AIDS.

You are a f*cking idiot.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:59:48 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I think it adds to the prison experience.

Hell, what kind of hard ass are you if you haven't been held down by 5 large men and violated???  

Not so much  

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 3:09:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Unless they get full blown aids and die fast it's going to cost more to take care of a prisoner with HIV or AIDs due to all the medical care involved if they live for a long time.
But a honest poor person can't get any medical care if they need it
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 3:17:20 PM EDT
[#21]

Marcus hardly speaks for all, a majority, or even a significant percentage of Christians with his statement.

Deffinitely. You do have some good men in your ranks. Unfortunately I have met many of the bad ones and people with Marcus' attitude just plain piss me off. Just got done reading Molon Labe and though I am not a christian and have no desire to be one, I could easilly get along with ones with Kenneth's (BTP) outlook.

Back on topic I think child molesters and rapists should be executed. Though I wouldn't feel bad about them getting raped, I don't think it should be condoned. Which from the little research I have done it is not 'condoned' and more rare than portrayed.

Besides you will not get any tax back the polishitans will just use if for something else.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 3:29:53 PM EDT
[#22]
criminals getting free food, board, cable, education... with my tax-dollars?

hell, it's just nice to know i'm not the only one getting fucked
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 3:57:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Even though Dusty_C and ml271 say it doesn't happen as often as you think.  I bet that it would happen even less if the serious predators got what they deserve.  By serious predators I mean all the rapist, molesters, and murders.  All of them.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 3:58:11 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted: Would you be saying aids was god's punishment if you or a loved one contracted it through a way other than gay intercourse?
Nope, because we've been tested when we applied for life insurance, all clear!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 3:59:27 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted: Would you be saying aids was god's punishment if you or a loved one contracted it through a way other than gay intercourse?  That's a pretty F$%^#d up attitude.
You shouldn't post the same thing over again, you look like you're stuttering.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:01:48 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted: Actually the thugs doing the raping are being rewarded by the system that allows it to go on.  They are hardened rapists, child molesters and murderers, getting their rocks off most likely on some young kid that is in for drugs or something.  You're saying that the kid deserves being raped and the big perverted creep gets to have a good time?  That's some fucked up backwards thinking.
The kid should've thought about that before getting involved with drugs. If a perverted creep is raping another criminal, then good for him! We don't complain when one terrorist shoots another terrorist, so why complain when one criminal hurts another? It's like getting a discount on your law enforcement dollar!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:02:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Prison sucks.

Its not supposed to be fun.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:03:39 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted: I be you are your the best evagelist in your congregation.
I be a good spellar, toh!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:07:17 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted: Would you be saying aids was god's punishment if you or a loved one contracted it through a way other than gay intercourse?
Nope, because we've been tested when we applied for life insurance, all clear!

All clear until some scumbag rapes your wife, or sticks you with a needle.

God seems to favor direct punishment, and considering the number of innocent people that get stuck with AIDS, I doubt this was his idea of punishment. Clearly, you and God are farther away than you think.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:07:29 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted: I wish this was in the pit, you are a moron! You could easily be convicted of a crime you didn't commit, but I guess you would deserve getting ass fucked and contracting HIV/AIDS. You are a f*cking idiot.
 Get over it.  I'm not worried about getting in jail in the first place, are you?  Why are you so mad?  Been in the "pokey" lately?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:09:11 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Unless they get full blown aids and die fast it's going to cost more to take care of a prisoner with HIV or AIDs due to all the medical care involved if they live for a long time. But a honest poor person can't get any medical care if they need it

Eisily solved, just cut off the budget for major medical care of prisoners.  Why should taxpayers pay for the care of criminals?  It's too expensive just to house/feed them in the first place!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:17:05 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted: All clear until some scumbag rapes your wife, or sticks you with a needle.
...until you get into jail, right?  See the difference?  The criminal had to do a whole lot of bad things to get in jail before getting butt-raped.  You're trying to support your cause by calling on random evil to happen to people who AREN'T in jail.  Is that the best you can do?  Pretty sad.  

God seems to favor direct punishment, and considering the number of innocent people that get stuck with AIDS, I doubt this was his idea of punishment. Clearly, you and God are farther away than you think.
That's your humble opinion, and you aren't God.  You know what they say about opinions and rear ends, don't you? Clearly you did not survey how many people with AIDS were innocent and how many aren't.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:18:19 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted: I wish this was in the pit, you are a moron! You could easily be convicted of a crime you didn't commit, but I guess you would deserve getting ass fucked and contracting HIV/AIDS. You are a f*cking idiot.
 Get over it.  I'm not worried about getting in jail in the first place, are you?  Why are you so mad?  Been in the "pokey" lately?

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=380977
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:20:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:28:10 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The problem is, who gets to decide what people get thrown in the pokey for?   Hillary Clinton?  John Kerry?

+1
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:33:04 PM EDT
[#36]
KlubMarcus, you're just another ARFCOM Troll.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:35:04 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Unless they get full blown aids and die fast it's going to cost more to take care of a prisoner with HIV or AIDs due to all the medical care involved if they live for a long time. But a honest poor person can't get any medical care if they need it

Eisily solved, just cut off the budget for major medical care of prisoners.  Why should taxpayers pay for the care of criminals?  It's too expensive just to house/feed them in the first place!

never happen, too many bleeding hearts in this country.
They bitch about how the Iraqi prisoners are mistreated but strangely quiet when they cut off the heads of americans
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:39:38 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The problem is, who gets to decide what people get thrown in the pokey for?   Hillary Clinton?  John Kerry?

John who?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:42:57 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted: All clear until some scumbag rapes your wife, or sticks you with a needle.
...until you get into jail, right?  See the difference?  The criminal had to do a whole lot of bad things to get in jail before getting butt-raped.  You're trying to support your cause by calling on random evil to happen to people who AREN'T in jail.  Is that the best you can do?  Pretty sad.  

That's your humble opinion, and you aren't God.  You know what they say about opinions and rear ends, don't you? Clearly you did not survey how many people with AIDS were innocent and how many aren't.

Calling on random evil to happen to good people? I'm not calling on "evil" to happen to anybody. There are plenty of cases of evil people doing that. There was a guy here who blamed women for giving him AIDS, and raped a number of innocent women in retaliation. I knew a Marine who got jabbed with a needle by a bum and got AIDS. The hospital I am doing my clinicals in has children born with AIDS every week. What are all of those people being punished for?

You don't always have to do something wrong to go to prison. Mossad Ayoob has files full of cases of cops and upstanding citizens who barely avoided going to jail for justifiable shootings. The BATFE has sent numerous people to prison for violating unclear and unjust laws. Numerous innocent people have been freed from prison based on DNA evidence. People that don't deserve to be in jail end up there all the time.

The idea that AIDS is some holy punishment that God distributes for wrongdoing in ridiculous. Jesus himself gave a break to at least one thief. God sends people to hell. He don't need AIDS for punishment since he has an much worse alternative.

I have never understood why so many self rightous dickheads find it appropriate to try to interpret God's will.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:44:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Better question...

If Gov't can't stop crimes from being committed in prison... then how the hell do they think they are going to stop crime on the streets with more cops...

I know it is BS from get go but according to the logic prison should be the safest place.

Now here is a short ... on the subject.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/77937
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:45:10 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have some realatives that work as correctional officers, and they say it is not as common as largely portrayed. Just a myth that might help scare people straight.

Newsflash: Very few Christians think of AIDS as punishment from God and, oddly enough, DON'T automatically think of themselves as superior to everyone else.

Maybe you should be less judgemental and quick to stereotype groups. There is a tolerable form of agnosticism.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:57:37 PM EDT
[#42]
joker581,

I have no personal experience with this because I've never been to prison, but I've talked to a lot of current/ex prison guards (ml271 please jump in with any comments).  The description of prison life and their (solicited) advice if I ever end up there was very consistent.  

The new guy is always going to be 'tested' when he first gets in.  If it is a multi-racial prison then his own race will test him first.  You will get jumped and have the shit kicked out of you no matter how big you are.  As long as you are fighting back and show some guts you are 'proving' yourself to the inmates kicking the shit out of you.  They will do this to you several times until they are satisfied that you are not a whiny little girl who deserves nothing more than to be someone's bitch.  You will be pimped out.  It has more to do with power than with sex.  

They want to degrade you in any way possible and 'penetrating' someone is a powerful symbolic way of showing their dominance.  Yeah, I'm sure that if you're in prison for life with no prospect of screwing a women that they will also derive satisfaction from blowing their load inside you.  But this is still about power.  

Since there must be a hiearchy in prison there will by necessity be prison rape as one tool to enforce that hierarchy.  The only solution would be to have individual cells which ain't going to happen.  

The guards then say that you will be tested by other races.  If you've proven yourself to your race then they will jump in on a fight if you are outnumbered but will hang back if it's just one on one.  You must prove yourself to the whites, the blacks, the hispanics, etc.  If you never back down even as they are beating the snot out of you then you'll be ok.  Never ask anyone for help, certainly not the guards.  Never accept any favors.  Never be a rat:  "I have no idea who beat the shit out of me".  Keep your nose clean.  Don't let them know you have any money on the outside.  Don't wear good shoes.  They'll kill you for it.  Probably the first day.  

KlubMarcus,

You sound very young and ignorant.  That's actually a good thing because an ignorant person can always be taught.  Do you own firearms?  How would you react if your wife cheated on you?  Would you give her a good smack?  She'd deserve it, right?  Would you go after the guy she cheated with and give him the beating he deserved?  Do you ever give friends a ride in your car?  What about a friend of a friend?  Are you sure he doesn't have any dope on him?  What will you tell the police officer who pulls you over when he finds some dope in your car and a shotgun in your trunk?  And, yes, he will be able to search the immediate grabbable area around your friend of a friend who happens to be on parole.  What do you do when he denies the dope is his?  If you were a fan of Ayn Rand you'd understand that we are fast approaching a point where you can't do anything without committing a crime.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:13:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Someone needs to Klub Marcus.

I had an uncle who got HIV from a blood transfusion before they were testing the blood.His wife and son did get a one hundred thousand dollar settlement.You're an ass.

I know quite a few CO's and my brother was one for years-Rapes aren't very common-at least here in Iowa.Your chances of getting shanked are way more than getting raped.Like was stated before-there are many that are willing.

C-4-A big plus one on Ayn Rand.."Atlas Shrugged".
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:18:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Prisons should be designed to keep fights to a minimum and to prevent rapes. I'm not an architect, but it seems like it should be fairly easy. For instance, lights on 24/7 along with having catwalks for guards armed with less-lethal weapons at the top of every inside wall. No room would be made larger than the effective range of the weapons.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:23:36 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Prisons should be designed to keep fights to a minimum and to prevent rapes. I'm not an architect, but it seems like it should be fairly easy. For instance, lights on 24/7 along with having catwalks for guards armed with less-lethal weapons at the top of every inside wall. No room would be made larger than the effective range of the weapons.

You're correct that you could design such a prison, but is the general public willing to pay more taxes to do it?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:28:52 PM EDT
[#46]
There are people that goto jail that are proven innocent 5-10 years down the road.

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:31:17 PM EDT
[#47]
I think its truly inhumane to condone prison rape and except in the extreme circumstances I doubt many people truly do.  I also know from working in corrections that it is rare.  I worked for 2 years in a prison and never once saw evidence to any.

I do think the idea of it brings up something that I have often worried about.  In Oregon we have mandatory sentencing laws and many crimes done by a juvenile are mandated by our sentencing laws to be given adult sentences in adult facilities.  Juveniles are automatically remanded from the juvenile courts to the adult courts and sentenced as an adult and do time as an adult in adult prisons.

I know first hand that these kids are sexually abused in prison.  I doubt any kid remanded to the adult system escape it either.

I think this is cruel and fundamentally against our basic human rights of cruel and unusual punishments.  What say you?

Patty
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:31:42 PM EDT
[#48]
I fully understand why inmates rape others. It ranges from power, to sex, to revenge.

What I don't understand is why so many people think that prison rape is a great thing that everyone deserves, no matter what the got sent to prison for.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:36:31 PM EDT
[#49]

I know first hand that these kids are sexually abused in prison.  I doubt any kid remanded to the adult system escape it either.

I think this is cruel and fundamentally against our basic human rights of cruel and unusual punishments.  What say you?

Patty

The law cannot base sentences upon what might happen to someone in prison. Prison rape is not a form of punishment proscribed by law, nor is it performed by anyone authorized by the state. It is an event that sometimes happens thanks to the kind of place that prison is.

What prisoners do to other prisoners can indeed be cruel and unusual, but the state has nothing to do with any of that and cannot consider it in matters of punishment.

The idea of a different standard for juvenile offenses and adult offenses is that the juvenile isn't as responsible for their actions. If, however, they were comitting an adult crime in an adult fashion (premeditated murder) then they certainly ought to be tried as adults and punished as adults.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:39:19 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OMFG, OUTRAGEOUS....I condemn you to hell.!!1!

Seriously, you fucking whacko religious weirdos need to be executed locked up with the Jihadis.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top