Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2005 8:15:38 PM EDT
How long before he has a real one and he's done?

I haven't seen these mini-strokes get better with people. From experience, they just get worse and they DO effect a persons ability to think clearly. How long before he has his next one will tell how quick he'll be out of office.

www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9013937/

Senate Democratic leader Reid has mini-stroke

Minority leader not hospitalized, said to be ‘feeling just fine’

Updated: 9:40 p.m. ET Aug. 19, 2005
WASHINGTON - The Senate Democratic leader, Harry Reid of Nevada, suffered a brief mini-stroke Tuesday, but doctors found no complications and he feels fine, aides said Friday.

One of the nation’s most powerful elected Democrats, the 65-year-old senator canceled several appearances in Nevada late this week. But his press secretary Tessa Hafen said, “There are no complications or any restrictions on his activities.”

A gold miner’s son, Reid has become a visible leader of his party since assuming leadership of the Senate minority last January.

“He has undergone evaluations this week, and his doctors have recommended that he take advantage of the summer congressional recess for some downtime,” Hafen added.

Her statement said Reid sought medical attention at the urging of his wife, Landra. He was told he had experienced a transient ischemic attack.

“It’s being described as a mini-stroke, ... but he is feeling just fine,” Hafen said.

Reid was in his hometown of Searchlight, Nev., about an hour south of Las Vegas, when the episode occurred, and went to Las Vegas to see a doctor, Hafen said. She said he is now in Las Vegas with his family and is not hospitalized. Congress has been in recess since the beginning of August.

“He honestly has been feeling fine this week, he was just doing some tests and running some evaluations,” Hafen said. “He has run 12 marathons (in the past). He’s in good shape.”

Asked why announcement of the event was delayed for three days, Hafen said, “The reason was the tests and the evaluations that they were doing. We wanted to make sure we knew what we were announcing. You need conclusive information.”

A transient ischemic attack is described by the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke as a transient stroke that lasts a few minutes and occurs when the blood supply to part of the brain is briefly interrupted.

Symptoms including weakness and dizziness usually occur suddenly and are similar to those of stroke, but usually disappear within an hour, though they may persist for up to 24 hours.

Reid canceled some events this week: an observance Friday in southern Nevada of Social Security’s 70th anniversary, a Friday lunch with Clark County teachers and a planned speech in Reno on Saturday to the Associated Press Television-Radio Association of California and Nevada. Hafen said he would be taking it easy for the next several days but will not have to curtail his normal activities in the long term.

The National Stroke Association says transient ischemic attack, considered a type of mini-stroke, is a brief episode of stroke symptoms that usually lasts less than 24 hours and usually does not involve any permanent loss of abilities. One in three people who experience a TIA go on to have an actual stroke, the NSA reports on its Web site.

Reid’s deputy as leader of the Senate Democrats is Sen. Dick Durbin of Illinois.

Reid was chosen to lead Senate Democrats at the beginning of the current congressional session after the previous minority leader, Tom Daschle of South Dakota, lost his 2004 re-election bid. Reid had been the party whip — the No. 2 Senate Democrat — for six years before moving into the leadership role.

He has represented Nevada in the Senate since 1987; he served in the House from 1983-87.

© 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:17:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Note to self.  Must increase the dosage on next clandestine assignment.  Results of last operation were nonsatisfactory.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:17:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Dupedy dupe?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:21:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
How long before he has a real one and he's done?

Not soon enough.  What a bag of shit.

Sheep
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:22:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Dupedy dupe?

I didn't see one, and I checked to page 4.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:28:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Maybe he will incarnte into the right side of the asile...
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:31:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Dupedy dupe?

Page 5

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=381127
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:32:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Dupedy dupe?

Page 5

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=381127

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:36:27 PM EDT
[#8]
He'll have a carotid endarterectomy and feel fine the next day.

The question is, if he has a massive stroke and is nearly unconcious, will anyone notice a degradation in the quality of his arguments?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:53:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I see the Devil is preparing his place in hell to welcome old "Harry," the bastage...

He is a traitor, cheat and liar, all rolled into one. I lived in his district for 10 years.

May he feel lots of pain and taste his own blood before he takes his last breath.

How does one go from being worth a few hundred thousand dollars to over 12 million in just a few years, after becoming a senator? Yeah, old Harry didn't have an answer either at a town hall I attended and asked.

May he rot.

BTW, those "mini-strokes" are called "Transient Ischemic Attacks" and my Grandfather has them all the time. Bad stuff.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:55:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Couldn't happen to a more deserving guy...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top