Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2005 7:07:20 PM EDT
As in a CCW situation? I did and although I never used it, I was DAMN glad I had my Glock 19 with me.

At that time, I was thinking SCREW those liberals who would deny me my rights because that Glock felt so freakin good.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:11:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah but I just lit the fuse and threw it at him and he ran like hell.

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:13:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:13:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, there was this guy going through my trash one time....uh ... nevermind.

Why do I have a gut feeling this newb is a troll trying to build post count?

could be nothing .... carry on, we will see..............
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:16:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Twice in 12 years.

Once during a breaking and entering attempt at the apartment complex that I lived in.

The second time in a dark parking deck in downtown Philly.

My wife was NEVER happy with my Glock 23 until that moment.  Now she reminds me to strap it on before we leave home.

Disconnector
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:16:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

okay so I was a troll why would I try to build post count?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:16:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Full of questions arent you!?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:17:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Come on dude, don't be an ass.

Lets be nice to the new guys, mmmkay?

Disconnector
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:18:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

why is the sky blue?

seriously it's just a slow night around here. damn feeling like a loser on Fri night.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:18:50 PM EDT
[#9]
A couple of months ago late at night at a drive up ATM. I posted on the incenent. I never drew it, but was glad I had it because things could have gotten much worse than they did real quickly.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:19:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Come on dude, don't be an ass.

Lets be nice to the new guys, mmmkay?

Disconnector

You are correct ............. just a gut feeling I should have kept to myself .... carry on
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:19:15 PM EDT
[#11]
VERY.   and I had an AR-15 ready to go.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:20:36 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

okay so I was a troll why would I try to build post count?

Sorry ... welcome to the forum ....
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:33:38 PM EDT
[#13]
i was with a buddy on day  in downtown richmond, (VA), middle of the afternoon, about 10yrs ago
parked on a side street off of Broad, near the pawn shops,
2 guys leaning on a building, looked "interested" in us, and started to walk towards us as we walked down the sidewalk,
i stopped and "hitched" up my belt, moving the shirt i had on, untucked, and exposed my 45 detonics

2 guys stopped and went the other way,

i will never know if they were going to try something or not,

but i am glad i was carrying that day,,,,

i have had a carry permit for about 17 yrs, this is the only incident i have had where i was glad i had something on me
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:33:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

why is the sky blue?

WHY IS THE SKY BLUE?
The blue color of the sky is due to Rayleigh scattering. As light moves through the atmosphere, most of the longer wavelengths pass straight through. Little of the red, orange and yellow light is affected by the air.

However, much of the shorter wavelength light is absorbed by the gas molecules. The absorbed blue light is then radiated in different directions. It gets scattered all around the sky. Whichever direction you look, some of this scattered blue light reaches you. Since you see the blue light from everywhere overhead, the sky looks blue.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:38:01 PM EDT
[#15]
well I was at this car wash one time and
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:39:34 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
well I was at this car wash one time and

Did your dog survive?

Sheep
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:40:18 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/SteyrAUG/P1003009.jpg

OMG god thats fucking funny
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:40:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Yep, jumped by three guys for no reason.  I didn't have a CCW or protection, but a cop just happen to come along, thank God.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:29:17 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Yep, jumped by three guys for no reason.  I didn't have a CCW or protection, but a cop just happen to come along, thank God.

Same thing happened to me. Lucky I had my cell phone. When I whipped it out and moved my finger menacingly towards the number '9,'  I tell you neighbor those guys practically shat themselves in fright.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:40:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Close enough.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:29:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Well I was at this car wash this one time...
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:37:40 PM EDT
[#22]
And this one time at band camp..........
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:41:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Well, there was this one time...

I had this fucking hot part-black chick with beautiful big titties ask me out.  I decided to take her to Orlando.  They had some killer clubs there.  So me and this bitch have never fucked, right?  

So we got a room at the Embassy Suites in Altamonte Springs (SR 436).  I was cuddling up to her cute ass before we went out.  Nice ass, it was.

Anyway... we went out and danced our fucking asses offf.  We were doing tequila shots and drinking beer.  Anyway, we were leaving.  I had my '91 Corvette Convertible with the top down.  We were drunk, of course.  

And we passed this BMW convertible, also with its top down.   There were 3 guys in it.  Driver, shotgun, and left back seat.  I decided to yell "BMW's suck!!!!"  as we passed.  

They got mad.  U-turned, and drove up to the right side of my car where we were sitting at the stop light.

The driver said, "we're going to fuck you up and fuck your girl up the ass".

I reach down....

Between my legs...

Ease the seat back...

And pull my S&W 1006 10mm.  

They STFU, as they should have.

:)

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:43:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Yep, this one time when I was 16 Hitch-Hiking down I-5 in northern California in the late 70's.

I think a 4" Taurus .38 kept myself and a teen-aged girl from becoming chapters in an Ann Rule novel
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:52:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Yes, several times.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:09:51 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I had this fucking hot part-black chick with beautiful big titties ask me out.  I decided to take her to Orlando.  They had some killer clubs there.  So me and this bitch have never fucked, right?  

So we got a room at the Embassy Suites in Altamonte Springs (SR 436).  I was cuddling up to her cute ass before we went out.  Nice ass, it was.

Anyway... we went out and danced our fucking asses offf.  We were doing tequila shots and drinking beer.  Anyway, we were leaving.  I had my '91 Corvette Convertible with the top down.  We were drunk, of course.  

And we passed this BMW convertible, also with its top down.   There were 3 guys in it.  Driver, shotgun, and left back seat.  I decided to yell "BMW's suck!!!!"  as we passed.  

They got mad.  U-turned, and drove up to the right side of my car where we were sitting at the stop light.

I reach down....

Between my legs...

Ease the seat back...

Please tell me your joking.  Let me get this straight, you were drinking and driving, starting shit with random strangers, and brandishing a firearm?  If your serious, I foresee your time on this board to be extremely brief.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:21:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Shameless bump for the day crew.  Tell me Im not alone on this one.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:32:57 AM EDT
[#28]

If you are serious, you are a disgrace to humanity and gunowners .....

The Beemer should have done a P.I.T. manuver on your ass just to see how well that 1006 protected you during a rollover.

Quoted:

I reach down....

Between my legs...

Ease the seat back...

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:38:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Many times.  Then there was the one time I was glad I didn't have it with me.  I would have killed a man that night, but thank God it ended peacefully.  (Had a gun pulled on me by a jealous ex-husband but left mine at home by pure chance.)
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:40:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Not a CCW issue, but, a few weeks back my wife had to get the shotgun out.  

A woman up the valley that was getting the s**t beat out of her ran down to our house for shelter.  

My wife got out the shotty and, started putting shells in it, becasue, I've told her...

"They set foot in the door, they get dead."

Stupid beotch (beaten wife) went back to the abuser because he didn't want his drunk ass getting shot while breaking into my home.

I've shown her how to shoot the AR, and, she asked to go to the range again to "brush up."

I love my wife.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:43:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Traveling through Washington State in the early 80s in a pickup/camper there was the sound of someone quietly trying to get in. I jacked a round into the old pump gun heard someone beat feet.

The next day I heard that someone in a nearby camp site got hacked up.

Honestly can't say the 2 were related for sure, but..............

Was I close to becomming a part of a Ginsu ad?

Who knows.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:44:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Had a firearm loaded and within arms reach at my bed  twice while in the current apartment.  I will be moving out at the end of the lease.  DOn't move somehwre just to save $100 a month on rent.  Nuff said.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:52:54 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Hey, do you have any idea what aluminum cans are worth these days??!?!?

When I was in college I delivered newspapers to pay my rent.  Seven nights a week from 2-5 am in a nice, quite, suburban section of town where many people didn't even lock their car doors.  In three months I was attacked 4 times - 2 tried to take my truck away from me in parking lots, one tackled me in an apartment building hallway, and one tried to play "Dukes of Hazzard" and seriously run me off the road.  I drew down each time and stopped them.

I quit after 90 days.  It wasn't worth the $161/week.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 10:04:02 AM EDT
[#34]
The times I have needed a weapon have all been in the immediate vicinity of (or in) my house.

One night while walking the dog, a young "gentleman" approached me, and about 75' away suddenly pulled up the hood on his "hoodie" (sweatshirt". Being summer, I wondered why he might be doing that.

About the time he was 30' away, he realized that I was, in fact, facing him, and had the dog on leash in one hand and the other hand slightly behind me at hip level. He executed a perfect right-flank march style turn and proceeded down the alley about 25' away... he had vanished by the time I got to the mouth of the alley.

Don;t think he ever actually saw anything of interest, but they say body language speaks volumes...
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 10:29:46 AM EDT
[#35]
I got my CCW permit in 1981 . As of yet I have
never been in a situation where I had to expose the
weapon , but I have used it twice on animals .

Once was a neighbors dog that run over and crushed .
The other was a big nasty ass rat that chewed a hole
through my garage door .

I'm a firm believer that 99% of situations can be avoided
by just being aware of your surroundings .
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 10:30:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Several times, never have one then either.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:02:40 AM EDT
[#37]
maybe not the kind of story you're looking for, but...

i was living in dallas, and my sister was still living in austin.  she found out that her roommate had gotten involved with the aryan nation, and therefore gave the girl 48 hours to move her stuff out of my sister's place.  this was perfectly justified by the fact that the roommate owed my sister 3 months of back rent, so it truly was my sister's place.  

i get home from work one night and have 4 messages on my machine.  the roommate and several armed thugs had shown up and threatened my sister's life if she didn't leave town.  to make the threat more credible, one of the guys had been a suspect in the TCBY murders, and several more had plea-dealed their way out of a curb job rap.

drove from north dallas to central austin in just over 2 hours, arriving at about 6AM.  pulling into that apartment complex was maybe the toughest thing i've ever done, because, having sold my maadi the year before, i didn't have access to a gun.  mine were all in montana.

long story short, no one was around, and we got all my sister's stuff moved out of that apartment in 4 hours flat.  but it taught me a lesson, and my dad brought my 1911 down on his next trip to texas.

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:08:07 AM EDT
[#38]
Yes.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:11:02 AM EDT
[#39]
2 misguided yewts asked me for the money I had just gotten from an drive up ATM machine. I showed them my brand spanking new stainless 1911. They beat feet. It was pretty funny actually. I reported it to the bank the following business day. The bank gave a copy of the tape to the cops. I was interviewed and nothing else came of it.
The looks from the tellers when I went in after that was pretty funny. One told me later the tape is shown at parties sometimes for laughs. It's part of a tape they made from funnys at the ATM machine. Apparently people do funny shit at the ATM.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:40:39 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

I'm a firm believer that 99% of situations can be avoided
by just being aware of your surroundings .

There's a lot to be said here.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:54:00 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/SteyrAUG/P1003009.jpg

This pict. is SOOOO SAVED  for printing
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:07:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Recently charged by a bear out in the middle of nowhere. Good thing I had what I did. You just never know.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:48:06 PM EDT
[#43]
before I had my CCW , six guys wanted to start a fight with me in a parking lot out of the blue. If I had a pistol I would have fought more, luckily I can run fast when the old adrenaline gets pumping. Someone got their plate # and they all would up gettting arrested for assault.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:25:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Had occasion to arm myself and hunker down once while the police arrested a man in the yard.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:27:39 PM EDT
[#45]

yes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top