Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2005 5:14:51 PM EDT
and tried the "chicken fries" at Burger Kling.

They were okay, they weren't as "golden brown", but when's the last time that you got a product at a fast-food joint that was EXACTLY as shown on the picture?

Anyway, they are only strips of chicken breast in breading. Other words, chicken tenders but skinnier.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:16:02 PM EDT
[#1]
You live on the edge
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:17:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You live on the edge

+1

brave man you are
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:20:27 PM EDT
[#3]
BK takes the cake for the most disturbing commercials ever. I thought that freaky king was bad till I saw that heavy metal chicken band. Burger King man...creeps me out.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:25:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
BK takes the cake for the most disturbing commercials ever. I thought that freaky king was bad till I saw that heavy metal chicken band. Burger King man...creeps me out.

Yeah, "COQ ROQ" or some sh%t.  The "King" looks like a damn manequin(sp?)/horror movie prop.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:25:09 PM EDT
[#5]
darius rucker as a cowpoke creeps meout more than the king.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:26:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:32:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
They were okay, they weren't as "golden brown", but when's the last time that you got a product at a fast-food joint that was EXACTLY as shown on the picture?

If you only knew what they did to make them look like those pics.   The food in those pics is typically unfit for human or animal consumption, and at times would be unfit for insects.  

I was present for a photo shoot for the menu of the restaurant I used to work for.  The woman smiling in the picture as she prepared to "take a bite" of the chicken had to constantly reapply her mascara because the fumes were making her eyes water.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:35:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you only knew what they did to make them look like those pics.   The food in those pics is typically unfit for human or animal consumption, and at times would be unfit for insects.  

I was present for a photo shoot for the menu of the restaurant I used to work for.  The woman smiling in the picture as she prepared to "take a bite" of the chicken had to constantly reapply her mascara because the fumes were making her eyes water.

I've heard of what they use.  I really can't remember.  If I did, I wouldn't post what they did use.  That is disgusting.  Why TF they can't just take pics of the actual food I don't know.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:53:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

its not as bad an MCimindahoodDONALDS.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:00:40 PM EDT
[#10]
They pissed me off with their "One nation under chicken" commercial.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:05:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
They pissed me off with their "One nation under chicken" commercial.

Never saw that...am I better off for not seeing it?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:07:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:08:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I've heard of what they use.  I really can't remember.  If I did, I wouldn't post what they did use.  That is disgusting.  Why TF they can't just take pics of the actual food I don't know.  

Anything from blow torches to cook the surface but not the innerds, leaving it nice and juicy (this isn't that bad ince I like red meat rare, but chicken )  to formaldehyde and laquers.

When I cooked we made some damn good looking food that tasted good too, but most of the people working in fast food don't have the work ethic necessary to do a good job.

The BK commercial I've found most disturbing is some gimmicky super hero group of fast food crap.  Stupid.  If you're core clientele is that childish, then you've got problems keeping it afloat.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:10:26 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Anyway, they are only strips of chicken breast in breading. Other words, chicken tenders but skinnier.  

You mean like chicken strips but without the chicken?

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:15:59 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

like chicken strips.  But skinnier.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:39:21 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

like chicken strips.  But skinnier.  

Oh - they used the skinny chickens.

GOt ya.  

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:50:44 PM EDT
[#17]
We have one close to the office but the quality started sucking about 2 years ago. Also they had a young guy working the window with a cast on his right hand that was so dirty that it looked like he had been digging for grubs.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:33:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Those chicken fries are a dissapointment.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:38:37 PM EDT
[#19]
You know ever since BK started airing the comercal with that guy waking up and the "King" stareing at him in the bed with him, quite honestly I don't feel the need to eat there anymore.

I think I'll take my money somewhere else.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:41:54 PM EDT
[#20]
"...take a walk on the wild side..."  Not sure I'd even try them, but my daughter sure would!

2 weeks from today, deej, and I can't wait!

HH
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:44:06 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

+1, their advertising execs need to put the pipe down.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:46:33 PM EDT
[#22]
You're so reckless.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:50:59 PM EDT
[#23]
You are my Hero!!!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:52:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Maniac.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:55:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Their recent round of television advertisements has convinced me to never visit their establishments again.

Not that I would have anyway.

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:39:40 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Anything from blow torches to cook the surface but not the innerds, leaving it nice and juicy (this isn't that bad ince I like red meat rare, but chicken )  to formaldehyde and laquers.

There was a cable special about this a few years ago.

For instance, they can't use real ice cream, because it would melt under the hot studio lights. What do they use instead? Crisco, scooped with an ice cream scoop.

Milk takes on a bluish tinge under some lighting, so what do they use? White school glue.

YUMMY!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top