Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2005 4:44:39 PM EDT
with all the talk about the ATF confiscating legal weaons and failing to return them, would this be considered theft, and more inportantly would one have a valid claim if they were confiscated,  

even though the weapons may be taken in the same manner as a home invasion or robbery,  and there is little chance of getting them back.

so in short would gun insurance cover government confiscation of legal weapons
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:47:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Ahahahahhahahahahahahhahaaahhahahahahahhahaaa

Uh.

No

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:52:57 PM EDT
[#2]
To provide a more constructive response for you, I'd put my money on no.  If you claimed to your insurance company that the government breached your home to consficate weapons with a valid search and seisure, I do not think your insurance could classify that as 'stolen' or 'loss'
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:00:58 PM EDT
[#3]
so say if one were to have a couple SPR's, a MK11, and maybe some other semi auto precision weapon,

weapons that were all insure as such, and the ATF did not take anything eles to research if they were "other wise legal" undocumented weapons,  

wouldntone have the legal right to collect compensation for the items that were taken if in fact no laws were broke,

say a neiborh saw you cleaning it and called them,  you would still be screwed?

oh well, kinda figured what the response would be,  I guess if they want your weapons they will take them, if you dont want to give them they will wither arrest you and or kill you dog

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:09:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Thgee insurance company is gonna consider that if the ATF took them then they must be illegal and thus not covered under your policy.

In short, you will get fucked twice.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:12:26 PM EDT
[#5]
gotta love it, hahahaha

almost as good as taxes
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top