Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2005 9:41:39 AM EDT
The bourbon.  Has anybody had it?  I was at the store getting my standard compliment of Jack Daniels last night and happened to notice this.  I've heard it is quite good.  Just wanted some opinions before I plunked down $30 on the bottle.  Hell, Crown Royal is cheaper.  How do they compare?  Thanks for the input.  MJD
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:45:06 AM EDT
[#1]
When I was in California last week, Beverages and More had it on sale for $19.

It's one of my favorite Bourbons. Try it, you won't be dissapointed.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:49:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I have had it a few times, I think it is realy good. Also you might want to try out Bookers
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:52:33 AM EDT
[#3]
They don't compare, Knob is Bourbon, Crown is well it's Canadian!  Knob is a very good Bourbon for sipping, some think it may be a little potent though!
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:53:07 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have had it a few times, I think it is realy good. Also you might want to try out Bookers

+1 to this as well as Basil Hayden!
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:53:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Had it, it ain't bad.

Labrot & Graham is better

Bulleit is my current favorite though
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:49:37 PM EDT
[#6]
It's very good.  30 sounds a bit much for it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:28:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Virginia is one of those states that do not permit stores to sell liquor.  We have ABC (Alcoholic beverage control) stores that are run by the state.  They set the prices.  I think a quick trip into Maryland might be in order .  MJD
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:50:06 AM EDT
[#8]

It's not bad. But really, it's just specially selected 8 yo. Jim Beam Bourbon, something that would normally be bottled as JB black.

(A select blend of about three barrels of the best at a time IIRC. They do put a single barrel for special events once in a while.)  

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:55:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Love the stuff w/ a nice maduro after work, sitting in the shade watching the sun go down
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:03:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:06:16 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Virginia is one of those states that do not permit stores to sell liquor.  We have ABC (Alcoholic beverage control) stores that are run by the state.  They set the prices.  I think a quick trip into Maryland might be in order .  MJD

YOU RUM RUNNING BOOTLEGGER!!!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:27:36 AM EDT
[#12]
I put Knob Creek up there with Makers Mark and Woodford Reserve. (In reverse order)  The latter two are much smoother than Knob Creek, and I like smooth.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:20:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Knob Creek tastes like Kerosene.  Woodford is much better.  

ETA:  Besides the same people own Jack Daniels and Woodford, so keep it in the family!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:22:55 PM EDT
[#14]
I got a bottle of it here, unopened for the 2 months I had it, I dont know what Im going to do with it
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:27:14 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I got a bottle of it here, unopened for the 2 months I had it, I dont know what Im going to do with it

I was just thinking (probably because I just ate a great sirloin off the grill) that if you don't like the taste of Knob Creek up front (straight), it might make an excellent marinade.  I just may have to try that!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:29:04 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was just thinking (probably because I just ate a great sirloin off the grill) that if you don't like the taste of Knob Creek up front (straight), it might make an excellent marinade.  I just may have to try that!

I cant afford steaks, Im not on foodstamps or anything
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:33:01 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I cant afford steaks, Im not on foodstamps or anything

Try it with hamburgers or chicken then.  I'm thinking it may go with any kind of meat, and maybe even sauces with pasta.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:36:04 PM EDT
[#18]
My second favorite, after Woodford Reserve.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:39:55 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

YOU RUM RUNNING BOOTLEGGER!!!!

Aww, damn,  he caught me!  I won't tell if you won't, I promise.    By the way, where the hell's your avatar?  MJD
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:41:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Knob Creek small batch.
Bought one bottle.
One small glass, sipped neat, every evening.
Awful headache the next morning, every Goddamn damn time.
Never again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top