Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2005 8:12:07 AM EDT
My mother sent me a book That I have found out as much is a "wedding edition" of MIEN KAMPF it sounds weird but I guess these were wedding gifts from the state or something. Anyways it is filled out with the manes of the Bride and Groome and what is I guess the preacher or Mayor, who ever preformed the wedding plus the date they married. She is wanting to sell it but I have no idea of it's value and I was wondering if anyone know of someone that I could contact for assistence on this matter. Here are some pics just to show what I talking about.

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:13:31 AM EDT
[#1]

IM Bookhound
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:30:24 AM EDT
[#2]
here is some selling prices of the book
german historical books for sale

GB-73. MEIN KAMPF (My Struggle), by Adolf Hitler, published by Zentralverlag der NSDAP, Franz Eher Nachf., Munich, edition of 716.-720. thousand, 1942, two volumes in one, Hitler’s infamous autobiography, book measures 5x7½-inches, 781 pages, frontis photo of Hitler with facsimile signature, Wedding Edition, cream colored hardcover with ribbed leather spine, front cover has a full-color crest of the city of Augsburg, dedication page is present but not filled in or signed, condition 2+.  $ 175.

GB-74. MEIN KAMPF (My Struggle), by Adolf Hitler, published by Zentralverlag der NSDAP, Franz Eher Nachf., Munich, edition of 733.-737. thousand, two volumes in one, Hitler’s infamous autobiography, book measures 5x7½-inches, 781 pages, frontis photo of Hitler with facsimile signature, Wedding Edition, cream colored hardcover with ribbed leather spine, dedication page is filled in, dated 1942, and signed by the Bürgermeister of the town of Vechta, with the town’s rubber stamp marking, the spine shows some wear but not damaged, condition 2.  $ 175.

GB-75. MEIN KAMPF (My Struggle), by Adolf Hitler, published by Zentralverlag der NSDAP, Frz. Eher Nachf., Munich, edition of 830.-834. thousand, 1943, two volumes in one, Hitler’s infamous autobiography, book measures 5x7½-inches, 781 pages, frontis photo of Hitler with facsimile signature, Wedding Edition, cream colored hardcover with ribbed leather spine, dedication page has been removed, condition 1.  $ 200.

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:09:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Great thanks for the information. I'll take this information to find out more about the town in which it was given to the couple. It's more like a histroy hunt for me. Pretty neat how much information can be given by this damn Al Gore invention
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:21:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
here is some selling prices of the book
german historical books for sale

cream colored hardcover with ribbed leather spine

I know this is wrong, but that part kinda makes me giggle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top