Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2005 6:47:25 AM EDT
I need a rifle safe. I've currently got everything in hard cases, which lock, but hell you can walk off with them.

Does anybody make a safe that does the following:
1)not cost an arm and a leg (I'm not talking "cheap" here, I'm talking "worth it")
2)Can hold 6 or so rifles and some pistols
3)Isn't incredibly heavy and is moveable
4)Provides reasonable security. I don't want to keep them safe until men are no longer capable of evil, just enough so a thief goes "that isn't worth the time I have".

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:02:10 AM EDT
[#1]
every year at Christmas time, Wally World runs a special on Sentry safes.

Sounds about right for you.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:28:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Theres a discussion where a college student asked about safes. If I can find the thread I will post it here.

There was one safe that was at a good price and held several rifles. I believe it was Sentry.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:30:29 AM EDT
[#3]
We need a safe forum.

Take no insult, Spade, but I think this may be the most commonly asked question on Arfcom.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:31:55 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
We need a safe forum.

Take no insult, Spade, but I think this may be the most commonly asked question on Arfcom.

I agree. Or at least something tacked.

Heres a link to one thread

Here
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:32:58 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
We need a safe forum.

Aye.

It seems like on of those topics that needs a good posted FAQ or something, like are tacked in some forums. Like the AmmoFAQ, or the "perfect carbine" in AR15, or mag FAQ. Stick it under the "Information" section on the toolbar.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:36:15 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
every year at Christmas time, Wally World runs a special on Sentry safes.

Sounds about right for you.

+1

about 200-300 dending on which one you want.  I think mine was about 220 or something.  It holds ten rifles and four or five pistols (three if you want them at the ready).

It is thick, and probably would hold up pretty well in a fire but its not fire proof.  The bottom has a place to bolt it down if you want too.  Eventually I am going to poor a concrete block, put carpet on it, and bolt it down too it.  

I love my sentry safe.  By far the most for the money that I have ever seen.  Its heavy enough that two guys can move it pretty easy (about like moving a couch) but they probably would just say screw it.  You can bolt it to something if you want though.  It looks pretty damn daunting too, they would have to be pretty determined to get whats inside to walk out with it.  Not only moving it, but hauling it, and then getting a 600 dollar diamond blade and chop saw to get the thing open.  The only way someone would take it is if they showed up with the intention of doing so and had what they needed to haul it and everything.

Mine is right next to my bed.  

ETA:

it is heavier than most couches, that was just an example.

also, you could fit more pistols if you wanted to take up some of the floor space.,  i have three pistols and a couple hundred rounds of ammo on the pistol shelf, plus lots of magazines.

the three hundred dollar ones hold 14 rifles.  The only thing that pisses me off is that wal-mart only has them at christmas.  If you want to get one of the lockers that isn't thick like the actual safe, they have those too for like a hundred bucks.  Those open with a key instead of a dial, are lighter, and probably could be broken into with much cheaper tools.  Worth it to get the safe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top