Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2005 6:17:41 AM EDT
www.news10.net/storyfull1.asp?id=12639

Supporters of U.S. Involvement in Iraq Plan Caravan to Texas
The anti-war protest by a Vacaville mother outside the president's Texas ranch is galvanizing some who support the country's continued involvement in Iraq. One of those is a serviceman's mother who feels now more than ever the country must stand strong behind the troops.

Roseville resident Deborah Johns' son William is a Marine stationed in Iraq. She sympathizes with Cindy Sheehan, the anti-war protester who lost her son to enemy fire 16 months ago. However, Johns believes a pull-out now would negate what troops are fighting for in Iraq. She takes exception to Sheehan's protest and plans to do something about it.

"It absolutely has mushroomed, but that's our liberal media," said Johns. "They continue to like to hear the negative and not the positive that's going on." Johns is organizing what could be hundreds of others to participate in a caravan leaving San Francisco on Monday. The caravan is destined for Crawford, Texas, in a gesture of support for President George W. Bush.

Johns believes it's important to demonstrate her support for the course Bush has chosen. "If God took my son and called him home, I would continue to stand behind our military men and women and I would continue to support our president of the United States," she said.

Sheehan's protest has also been fodder for conservative talk radio, which is urging listeners to join a number of caravans being organized by Move America Forward, a conservative Sacramento-based organization that, according to its website, is dedicated to supporting the troops and the fight against terrorism.

After you read the story, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click that "VIDEO" button to watch the video of the story.

Deborah Johns - the northern California Marine Mom - is a hero who gives us hope to present a positive alternative to the likes of Cindy Sheehan who seem determined to undermine American resolve to win the war against terrorism.

Watch the video and pass this along to others. It will inspire them! Can you imagine if the "You Don't Speak for Me, Cindy" caravan could attract hundreds upon hundreds of vehicles. What a great story it will have become!!!

SERIOUSLY... Watch the video link. It will make you proud that there are such wonderful Americans fighting the good fight:

http://www.news10.net/storyfull1.asp?id=12639

*** If there is no way you can make it to join our caravan or to be at the giant Pro-Troop rally on Saturday, August 27th (in Crawford, Texas) then PLEASE... support us with a financial contribution.

You cannot imagine how expensive it is for us with vehicle rentals, gas, lodging, alone.

And later today we will be showing you the new TV ad that Melanie Morgan and Deborah Johns produced that advertises this "You Don't Speak for Me, Cindy" Tour and pro-troop rally.

We are going to push back and show that Americans will not lose their resolve and withdraw their support for the mission our brave men and women are serving in.

We urgently need your help by either joining our caravan along the route OR showing up for the rally in Crawford, Texas on Saturday afternoon, August 27. You can find the caracan schedule and route -- where you can join us for part or all of the trip -- at http://www.MoveAmericaForward.org

Contribute online here:

http://www.MoveAmericaForward.org/Contribution

Or mail in a contribution to:

Move America Forward
ATTN: Pro-Troop Crawford Trip
P.O. Box 1497
Sacramento, CA 95812

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:25:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm off Tuesday and they are coming through Los Angeles, so we will probably hook up with the "caravan" and ride some freeway miles with them.

Thanks for the info!

Eric  
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:06:21 PM EDT
[#2]
btt for the night crew (who aren't downloading awesome BOTD material!!!!)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top