Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2005 7:37:40 PM EDT
About the S397 victory and how it has some politicians "running scared".
Tuning in....
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:43:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Watching, thanks.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:20:36 PM EDT
[#2]
What a load of anti-gun BS.

Did ya hear old teddy? 'Is there a chance(hope) that some anti-gun heroes will challenge the power of the evil NRA?'

All the reason I need to support the NRA is just the fact that these people are scared to death of them.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:29:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Very biased reporting.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:32:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Very biased reporting.

Tuning in now but did you really expect anything different from and ABC show?  ABC is the most left leaning station there is.  I haven't watched their news since Peter Jennings started anchoring, he was a condecending liberl bastard, couln't stand him.  He was worse than Dan Blather.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:38:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I just checked out ABC's website.

Nothing about them yet.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:44:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Our society is so lawsuit crazy it's un-fricking believable.  It's all about placing the blame on anyone else for someone being stupid.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:15:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Watching it now, they sure give the Brady morons plenty of airtime.  If you have any doubts about joining the NRA, they are the largest pro gun lobby on Capital Hill!  Wayne LaPierre is the man!
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:26:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Total biased report as usual,  they depict the law being pushed as some sort of gun law, its not, its to protect buisness!!! Health care companies are doing the same thing on a state level becausea lot of trial lawyers are dishonest and have dollars in their sights not arguing the law and what's fair.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:28:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I loved the program!

Sure it was biased.  What else would you expect from Nightline?  But the bottom line was that the NRA kicked ass and took names in DC and we won.  It was uplifting to watch Ted Koppel and John Cochran moan about how powerful the NRA is, how pro-gun republicans control DC, and how terrified democrats are running away from the whole gun issue.

They played an old video clip of Bill Clinton signing the Brady Bill with Sarah beaming over his shoulder.   I remember those days all too well.  We were losing every battle on the hill.  Every time you'd turn around there'd be another anti-gun law being pushed in DC.  Whenever Nightline would address the RKBA back then, they'd be just as biased but the end result was a loss for gun owners.  Now the tide has turned and we are winning.  

Thanks to the NRA and NRA members!
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:38:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Very biased reporting.

+1

I saw it, and now remember why I stopped watching Nightline....
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:42:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I loved the program!

Sure it was biased.  What else would you expect from Nightline?  But the bottom line was that the NRA kicked ass and took names in DC and we won.  It was uplifting to watch Ted Koppel and John Cochran moan about how powerful the NRA is, how pro-gun republicans control DC, and how terrified democrats are running away from the whole gun issue.

They played an old video clip of Bill Clinton signing the Brady Bill with Sarah beaming over his shoulder.   I remember those days all too well.  We were losing every battle on the hill.  Every time you'd turn around there'd be another anti-gun law being pushed in DC.  Whenever Nightline would address the RKBA back then, they'd be just as biased but the end result was a loss for gun owners.  Now the tide has turned and we are winning.  

I too watched the program, and ABC didn't pull any bones, it was blatantly biased against the "gun lobby," aka NRA. Koppel and his gang was lamenting the facting the there will be zero anti-gun legislation passing during GWB Jr's term. One thing they didn't bring out was that everything the NRA did was legal to the letter of the law. The way they presented it, made it sound like the NRA was some kind of sinister organisation.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:46:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Very biased reporting.

Tuning in now but did you really expect anything different from and ABC show?  ABC is the most left leaning station there is.  I haven't watched their news since Peter Jennings started anchoring, he was a condecending liberl bastard, couln't stand him.  He was worse than Dan Blather.

Anyone remember the NRA hit-piece that Peter Jennings did several years ago? He used every trick in the book to make the NRA look sinister.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:03:01 AM EDT
[#13]
We are on the offensive and we should never stop.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:15:54 AM EDT
[#14]
A large chunk of the press is just behind the times--they formed their world view in the 60's and 70's, and no amount of evidence is going to disuade them. It doesn't help that they are surrounded by people who think the same way.

Who knows, maybe they'll eventually clue in to the fact that their irrational fear of firearms is costing htem elections. But maybe not.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:20:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Please God, if you are just, give Ted Kennedy cirrosis of the liver.  

Also, one more reason why I'm not real busted up about poor old Pete Jennings kicking the can.

Sheep
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:24:04 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
A large chunk of the press is just behind the times--they formed their world view in the 60's and 70's, and no amount of evidence is going to disuade them. It doesn't help that they are surrounded by people who think the same way.

Who knows, maybe they'll eventually clue in to the fact that their irrational fear of firearms is costing htem elections. But maybe not.

During the show, Koppel et al, was amazed and perplexed that gun control didn't garner much support outside of the rabid anti-gunners in states where their election was 100% assured. Yep, Koppel and his cohorts were sputtering and fuming that gun control is pretty on the back burner for the Dem for the next few years.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:34:30 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Our society is so lawsuit crazy it's un-fricking believable.  It's all about placing the blame on anyone else for someone being stupid.

Case in point.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=380906

Now even illegals can sue us and take our land.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:15:26 AM EDT
[#18]
We need a transcript of the show.

Some people can't watch it when it comes on.

ETA:  Fienstein did vote on S397!

No S*** that Kerry and Kennedy voted against.

Both of MY Senators voted Yea.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:44:59 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I loved the program!

I too watched the program, and ABC didn't pull any bones, it was blatantly biased against the "gun lobby," aka NRA. Koppel and his gang was lamenting the facting the there will be zero anti-gun legislation passing during GWB Jr's term. One thing they didn't bring out was that everything the NRA did was legal to the letter of the law. The way they presented it, made it sound like the NRA was some kind of sinister organisation.

Why do some of you guys complain of the media being "biased"? Of course they are, they reflect the agenda of their employers.

And as for sinister organisation, sure it is sinister, to the real powers of the world. They fully intend to disarm you, make no mistake about it. Watch what they do, don't listen to what they say. Follow the money. Look how many millions of dollars these anti-gun groups have, then ask yourself where does it all come from? Large corporations is where. Why would a corporation care about Americans being armed? Because they intend to erase all borders and your country and you having a gun may be a problem for them.

Go ahead with the tinfoil hat childish stuff . . . that simply shows you are one of them, or you've been duped by them. Maybe you'll live long enough to see the err of your thoughts. You only need to look to Stalin, Hitler, Moa, et al to see what is coming for gun owners unless we do something and fast. Join the NRA, the GOA, or some other group that fights for YOU. You gotta give up the cash!!! So many guys I know are so cheap and love their guns so much, sometimes I feel they deserve what they're gonna get.... oh well, I'm done now . . . guess I go do something else like clean up my shed. Sorry to have interrupted here...  
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:42:31 AM EDT
[#20]
I agree with many of the folks here, when ABC devotes a whole half-hour episode just railing against the NRA, the NRA is doing its job, ie putting fear of God into those politicos that oppose the NRA. Koppel & associates were perplexed at why there isn't any Dem politicos willing to step-up to the plate and oppose the NRA, of course they are not the ones who worked so hard to get into office and many of them are not willing to waste their political careers on a loosing issue such as gun control.

(this is a political announcement)
Because of this rant by ABC, the NRA is doing it job, and I urge everyone who reads this thread to join. I'm a life member myself.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:45:41 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I loved the program!

Gee, haven't you guys heard..........the NRA does no good and Bush is the same as Kerry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top