Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2005 5:37:41 PM EDT
Purchased from amazon, you're looking at $600+ bucks.

However, on ebay...such as here....

cgi.ebay.com/X-FILES-SEASON-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-DVD-GIFT-Boxset_W0QQitemZ6424517536QQcategoryZ617QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

You can get it all for about $145 with shipping.

Anyone familiar with them?  Audio and video quality as good as purchasing domestic?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:45:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone?  Bueller?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:54:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I was just about to do an archive search on X-files when I saw your post!

One of the ebay sellers has about a 98.5% feedback level.  One positive mentioned the X-files specifically.

No clue otherwise.

If you buy it, let me know how it turns out!
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:19:00 PM EDT
[#3]
they are almost certainly pirated copies (albeit neatly packaged ones).  Region Free discs, like these, are not usually put out by the movie industry for major releases.  Most good DVD copying software (DVD Shrink, etc) removes the region and other protections. I'd be very surprised if these are the real thing.

Shipping is $55.00 too.

Caveat emptor.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:27:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I wouldn't trust them.  I ordered seasons 1-3 of the show 24, and about 1/4th of the disced skipped or didn't work at all. The guys I ordered it from had 99% postive feedback, but I'd be willing to bet that most of those people left their FB before they got through all their discs.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:31:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Buying DVD's on eBay is playing with fire.  Especially from Hong Kong.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:32:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Also be aware of the 4th episode of some discs to be incomplete. Sometimes, you won't get the final 4 to 5 minutes due to insufficient space on the disc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top