Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2001 1:58:49 PM EDT
[url]http://www.washtimes.com/national/20010717-561597.htm[/url]

And Widows Pensions...The Bush Administration continues to make cuts in the VA's
Medical Budget often tagging or disguising these cuts on other bills.....does it seem just- to support a man into combat just to abandon him after he is wounded?....
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 2:18:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 8:21:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, you are right that VA budgets are going to be falling as the need for VA hospitals declines as WWII vets pass on.  There are something like six times more WWII vets than Vietnam vets?  Also VA treatment makes no sense for anyone over 65 and covered by Medicare.  Medicare is probably better care for most than the VA might give.  The VA is a big pork barrel though.  Keeping that VA hospital in SPringfield, Mass. open is a big deal for both Mass. senators and their representative.  Even if the hospital is only one-quarter used.

For the widows fund, this looks to me like a mistake unless they are just substituting an equivalent amount of money from Social Security or somthing--it would not suprise me if that is happening.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 12:02:26 PM EDT
[#3]
the America service man does not need any benefits after all we are over paid baby killers
the illegal immigrants need the money to smuggle in more of their families and mooch off the system to hell with the vet.

after 20 years with the service
I have to pay medical/dental insurance
for crappy service and to be told that tri-care
won't cover it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top