Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2005 2:59:04 PM EDT
Is there such a thing as a DVD burner that I can plug into my USB port? Can somebody post a specific example of an inexpensive DVD burner that plugs into a USB port? (I can copy movies with this, right)

Yeah, I'm computer illiterate.  
TIA.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 2:59:44 PM EDT
[#1]
you're going to need dvd shrink or dvd decryter for software as well.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 3:03:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Go to www.newegg.com and do a search for "usb dvd burner" brings up plenty of models to choose from $100-$200.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 3:04:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Can you explain this to me? Is this included in the software that comes with the burner?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 3:07:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can you explain this to me? Is this included in the software that comes with the burner?
Thanks.

No they won't be included but you can download them for free, google it, download and install.

It seems you might need to spend some time at www.videohelp.com, it has everything you need to know for what you want to do.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:21:14 PM EDT
[#5]
usb dvdrw drive
external is always more expensive.  if at all possible try to get an internal drive.  they are faster and less expensive
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:00:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
usb dvdrw drive
external is always more expensive.  if at all possible try to get an internal drive.  they are faster and less expensive

Ditto internal drives are much better, BUT external drives can be share among multiple computer. Not everyone is going to burn at the sametime, so this could be a cost saving.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:08:20 PM EDT
[#7]
If looks aren't important to you then go to fleabay and get a USB to ATA cable with power supply for $15. Then watch for a sale on a burner for $40 (Staples). That's what I did. Cheap discs don't burn well faster than 4x anyway so speed isn't an issue. If you have USB 2.0 it works good enough.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:19:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top