Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2001 1:35:29 PM EDT
I have been doing some work on the side as a result of so many people being fond of their M4gery's.  
I am curious too know that if accessories such as those below were available would they interest you.

[img]http://www.spdcorp.com/beta/ARG-1536-b.jpg[/img]

The pieces would mostly all be polycarbonate expect for mounting hardware.
All Rails on hand guards, etc would be Weaver (Piccatinny) style and would accept all A3 style accessories. The bottom of the hand guard can also hold such and has an HK style accessory mount for flashlight and lasers.  The hand guard would contain an aluminum heat shield on the first (rearmost ) half.
The Handle /Optic piece contains 2 possible site systems.  One is a optical site ( Not very cost effective right now), the other is more of a GhostRing style

I have some Venture funding lined up and an Industrial design team for the engineering. I should have styrene models in about 45-60 days.  I still need to find a company to mold them.

my question for the forum.  Do these even interest you?  What would you pay?  It's polycarb, so it would not be hugely expensive.

I am interested in ANY thoughts. Here or by email

....this is not a joke

Zaz
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 1:38:19 PM EDT
[#1]
If the stock actually folded and you put a muzzle brake I'd go for that.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 1:46:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I would go $200.00-$250.00 for the set.

I am most fond of the 5th one down from the top (next time, number the models...ok?)

Keep us informed.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 1:48:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If the stock actually folded and you put a muzzle brake I'd go for that.
View Quote

The stock can't actually fold (on any AR15/M16 variant) due to the recoil springs.  For a good look at what i mean check out olyarms.com and see their pistols.  Also ATF law would not permit new manufacture of something like that.  the stck woould just be the skeleton (read light weight)

As for the brake, these are standard barrels, so if you want one, go ahead.  I'd probably recommend Kurts Kustom.

Zaz
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 1:51:08 PM EDT
[#4]
then it would probly go for around the same price heilo said, though you could make a folding stock version for people with ZM guns. Also a RAIL system would be nice on it
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 1:58:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 2:02:34 PM EDT
[#6]
OK...picture updated to reflect differences.  

The names are "whatever"....I hadn't really thought about the names for specific config.

Something like 225 is what I'm thinking for the base set up.  maybe 275 for the setup with Top accessory rail.  The A2 site group would be seperate (you can already get those just about anywhere)

The handle w/ GhostRing set up would probably be a little more.

Thanks for input so far!!
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 2:29:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Make a G36 stock for the M1A and ill take one of those too.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 2:44:15 PM EDT
[#8]
What is the advantage?
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 2:56:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What is the advantage?
View Quote

As I stated it was mostly inspired by the flood of those making M4gery's and such.  there seems to be a large desire to cusotmize a rifle.  

The core idea was to make a much more modular accessory system without altering the base rifle mechanical configuration.

benefits would be as follows:

Lighter Weight
Intgrated Flashlight or Laser mount on Hand guard
Easily reconfigured for Scope and iron Sights.
Handle / Ghostring Combo is unique, offering a combat type set up for close quarters
And of course asthetics.

Zaz
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 3:16:28 PM EDT
[#10]
i like it - count me in.  a suggestion would be to have holes to install rails on the h/g sorta like the hk usc.  looks really cool!  would be a nice advance for the ar15

steve
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 3:24:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By steve m:
i like it - count me in.  a suggestion would be to have holes to install rails on the h/g sorta like the hk usc.  looks really cool!  would be a nice advance for the ar15

steve
View Quote

There would be mount spaces for a bottom rail or other accessory such a a large flashlight of non-Hk slot Laser.

Zaz
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 3:51:59 PM EDT
[#12]
I am very interested. As a side note, talk to the guy from Penguin who did the humpback Fal stocks. They are excellent, priced nicely, and fit well. He had to do all the engineering, mold manufacturing, and production. He would be a good source for input on what to, and what not to do.
I belive the link is www.humpbackstocks.com If that isn't it, you can link up from the FalFiles.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 4:01:59 PM EDT
[#13]
I would be interested in parts like these.  Its would be nice to set my AR apart from the norm...

And, believe it or not, they might actually be NJ legal!  Wait, who am I kidding?  They're probably some "Assualt" shade of blue, right?
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 4:13:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 4:19:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Yeah, count me in too.  That stock is an especially interesting concept.[^]

Link Posted: 7/17/2001 4:49:37 PM EDT
[#16]
How about making the stocks to turn a SL8 into a real G36 clone? You might be able to convince H&K to do a license agreement.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 6:24:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
How about making the stocks to turn a SL8 into a real G36 clone? You might be able to convince H&K to do a license agreement.
View Quote

Not much of a chance of the HK deal.  They are notoriusly uninterested in third party stuff.

Anyhow, the idea is to accessorize to AR's as mechanical parts are inexpensive and  available (comapritively) and have a much wider base.

I think I am mostly trying something nobody really has and that is to moderize the AR asthetically AND functionally for a *reasonable* charge.  ZMweapons.com is cool, but pretty spendy!!

Thanks,

Zaz

Anyone else have input?
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 6:30:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Im interested if you use the gas system from the G36. if it uses the same gas system as the rifle i already have, then whats the use other then having a "custom" look.

a neat idea though...GO FOR IT!!!![:)]

Link Posted: 7/17/2001 6:33:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 6:35:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 6:57:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
any chance of building complete uppers? would be interested in preban config w/ phantom suppressor...
View Quote

If things go OK and there is real intrest after torcher testing I have intention to try and set up a deal with a manufacturer to supply the uppers and/or full rifles in quantity.  We'll see.  Otherwise they are just the plastics and you could buy/build any upper you like with them

would it be able to mount a vertical foregrip on the underside of the handguards?

View Quote

Yes, the pics don't show it but you can mount a rail on the bottom.  That would accomadate the grip you mentioned.

Zaz
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 6:47:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 9:01:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 9:38:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Carbine w/top accessory rail and A2 sight group.
How about mounting more rails on the handguard for more accesories.

Basically all we would be buying is the stock, handguards, and the sight rails. Or is there more included just checking. We would have to start with our own flattop AR?

By the way they look pretty cool.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 9:50:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Zazou: If you used the ZM-weapons/OlyArms type recoil system (no buffer tube needed), the ATF would allow it.  Even though the ATF might not allow us to have folding stocks on our postbans, you could sell everything as a kit to refit a stripped preban reciever (along with having a bayonet lug and flash hider on there), while also offering a kit with a fixed stock for postbans (without bayonet lug or flashhider), and selling complete postban rifles with fixed stocks.  Then those of us with preban receivers to spare could have a proper G36-forgery.

Kharn
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top