Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2005 11:55:58 AM EDT
BTK killer is gonna get 175 years, they say.

And here the prosecutors are crowing about getting that many years.

Hey - genius - anything over 50 ain't gonna matter at all.

What's a guy got to do to get the death penalty??? Kill a politician??

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:57:08 AM EDT
[#1]
he is exempt from the death penelty because he confessed to the murders thus saving himself from the chair.....
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:57:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:57:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Can't do the death penalty - crimes were committed BEFORE the death penalty was in place.

175 should do it.  Hopefully some fellow prisoners will help out
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:58:26 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
he is exempt from the death penelty because he confessed to the murders thus saving himself from the chair.....

I'd say "Psyche!!!!!!! Gotcha!!!!!! Yer gonna ride ole sparky."

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:59:28 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
<snip>

No death penalty when he committed the crimes. Sentencing him to death would be ex post facto.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:59:35 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Can't do the death penalty - crimes were committed BEFORE the death penalty was in place.

I see - the people he killed are LESS dead than those killed AFTER death penalty was enacted??
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:00:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

No death penalty when he committed the crimes. Sentencing him to death would be ex post facto.

And as it is, its ex post fooktup.

(Fergimme, Lord   )

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:01:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I see - the people he killed are LESS dead than those killed AFTER death penalty was enacted??

No, it's just that Constitution's prohibition on ex post facto laws applies to murder cases, too.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:04:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I see - the people he killed are LESS dead than those killed AFTER death penalty was enacted?? hr

Guy's a scumbag, that's for sure.  Shame he'll live, but live he will.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:06:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
No, it's just that Constitution's prohibition on ex post facto laws applies to murder cases, too.

Point of legal discussion -

ex post facto also affects sentences?

I can see ex post facto for statutory law (you can't make playing air guitar illegal, and then go back in time to prosecute all of histories offenders) , but aren't sentences at the judges disctetion?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:08:15 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Considering KS has a stop on the Death Penalty right now as it is, it would take a lot more than killing a politician.

Fucking pieces of crap lawmakers/KS SC.  "ohh, the DP is unconstitutional because of the way the cases are argued"

Boo fucking hoo.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:09:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Point of legal discussion -

ex post facto also affects sentences?

I can see ex post facto for statutory law (you can't make playing air guitar illegal, and then go back in time to prosecute all of histories offenders) , but aren't sentences at the judges disctetion?

For any crime, the ex post facto clause limits punishments to those available at the time of commission of the crime.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:11:24 PM EDT
[#13]
He killed and sexually abused kids too.  He wont last long in prison, unless the warden has orders to keep him seperate from the population.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:15:13 PM EDT
[#14]
WTF!!!

175/10 = 17.5 years per murder

That is insane, how can killing someone in pure cold blood only warrent 17 years in prision?

Mother fucker should get 1000 years of "playtime" with his cellmates.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:16:39 PM EDT
[#15]
I couldn't believe the little speach he gave....it was just plain nuts.

This guy won't survive long in prison, unless he is kept in isolation.

He deserves the death penalty.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:17:40 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
WTF!!!

That is insane, how can killing someone in pure cold blood only warrent 17 years in prision?

The Carr Bros. got 1100 and 900 years in prison for what they did, as well as the Death Penalty.

What they did was like 10x as heinous as what Rader did.

175years is pretty pussified, considering a guy in my town got 3 hard 40's consecutively for slitting his 3 childrens throats while they slept.  

I think him confessing and his not very-heinous methods of killing them had an affect on sentencing.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:33:30 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
WTF!!!

The Carr Bros. got 1100 and 900 years in prison for what they did, as well as the Death Penalty.

175years is pretty pussified, considering a guy in my town got 3 hard 40's consecutively for slitting his 3 childrens throats while they slept.  

I think him confessing and his not very-heinous methods of killing them had an affect on sentencing.

But...uhmm...wasn't it Bind, Torture, Kill?  Or...BTK?  Wouldn't that be considered heinous?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:37:17 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Well, thank Vishnu he used kinder, gentler methods of killing people.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:37:43 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

...and then even if they get the death penalty, they never seem to be executed.

(Well, maybe 34 years later)
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:38:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Should have been.."for your actions, this court sentences you to immediate death by draino ennema. Bailif the nozzle please."

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:44:34 PM EDT
[#21]
his death sentence shoul have been carried out 5 min. after the verdict.  death by the same way he killed his victims
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:58:33 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Own an unregistered gun in Toronto.

Or chicago, D.C.  NYC  CALI etc...
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:00:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:06:32 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
WTF!!!

I've seen people get less.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:12:28 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
WTF!!!

But...uhmm...wasn't it Bind, Torture, Kill?  Or...BTK?  Wouldn't that be considered heinous?

As opposed to what the Carr Bros. and the guy from my town did?

They made Rader look like a little Nancy-Bitch.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:15:13 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Hopefully some fellow prisoners will help outkill him slowly with his own toothbrush and a nail clippers

Fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:21:11 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

End result is the same.

Unless you see  building some "less dead" caveats into the murder statutes?

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:21:22 PM EDT
[#28]
He'll be in the news one more time and that's it.

Just like Dahmer.

I will never understand what makes people do things like this. I have read about it but I simply cannot fathom the mental damage someone has to have in order to do this kind of thing.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:30:31 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

End result is the same.

End result is same for "manslaughter" and "murder".  Doesnt mean both are the same.

The heinous nature of a crime has a lot to do with the sentencing.  A person who shoots someone in cold blood gets say, "20 years".
But someone who shoots another person and then rapes them while they are dying and cuts them up is going to get more than 20 years, because of what they did and the heinous nature of it.

That's why the Carr Bros. got 1100 and 900 years respectively, plus the death penalty.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:32:08 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
He'll be in the news one more time and that's it.

Just like Dahmer.

I will never understand what makes people do things like this. I have read about it but I simply cannot fathom the mental damage someone has to have in order to do this kind of thing.

Ehhh, his ass will be segregated away from GenPop.  There's no way they'll let him interact with other inmates.

As much as I'm sure they'd love to let the inmates beat the shit out of him, I doubt the guards/warden would let it happen.

Plus, he'll go to MaxSec under lockdown for 23hours a day and the 1 spent in a 20x20' concrete walled room jogging in a circle under the supervision of 5 guards with shotguns and rifles.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:34:45 PM EDT
[#31]
it's the maximum penalty allowable
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:37:06 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Guy's a scumbag, that's for sure.  Shame he'll live, but live he will.

He'll die eventually anyway, and when he does, he'll burn in hell for what he did.  I'd rather see him fry, but it comforts me to know that we all know what will happen to him after he dies.  the result will be the same.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:48:19 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

End result is the same.

End result is same for "manslaughter" and "murder".  Doesnt mean both are the same.

Red herring. We're ONLY talking about premeditated crimes.

On your logic, murder by firearm is more serious than murder by asphyxiation.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 2:05:17 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
He killed and sexually abused kids too.  He wont last long in prison, unless the warden has orders to keep him seperate from the population.

I'm sure he'll share a cell with Richard Grissom.

Jim
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 2:08:03 PM EDT
[#35]

BTW, I believe the Judge sentenced him to the maximum allowable sentence.  He didn't get leniancy.

And the prosecutors are asking that he be denied any pens, pencils, crayons, paper, or any other material items that would let him record, document, or aid fantasizing about the murders.  Don't know if they got that or not...

Jim
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 2:21:13 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And as it is, its ex post fooktup.

(Fergimme, Lord   )

Now THAT is the hardest I've laughed all day!

HH
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 2:29:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Nice tall tree and a short peice of rope.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 2:30:43 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

175 should do it.  Hopefully some fellow prisoners will help out

Yup, they helped out Jeffrey Dahmer ...
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 2:42:07 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

End result is the same.

Red herring. We're ONLY talking about premeditated crimes.

On your logic, murder by firearm is more serious than murder by asphyxiation.

Ohh....well why didnt ya say so.

And no, murder by firearm isnt necessarily more serious.

It's what happens along with the murder.  Or did you not understand that, with the "torture" and cutting them up part?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 3:10:28 PM EDT
[#40]
since he admitted to the killings he should have been taken into the parking lot and shot after teh judge hit the gavel the last time
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:40:26 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
BTW, I believe the Judge sentenced him to the maximum allowable sentence.  He didn't get leniancy.

There's what's right, and then there is what the law allows. He did NOT get what's right - he got what the law allows.

NOT getting what is right IS leniency. Breathing IS leniency.

Slowly being fed into a wood chipper feet first is what is right. Anything less IS leniency.

And the prosecutors are asking that he be denied any pens, pencils, crayons, paper, or any other material items that would let him record, document, or aid fantasizing about the murders.  Don't know if they got that or not...

Jim

And no ice cream and sody pop, either. THAT'LL teach him.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:50:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Are there any guesses what he would have got in Texas?  You can bet that it would be head of the line privileges for a date with "Old Squirtie.”  

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:41:25 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Are there any guesses what he would have got in Texas?  You can bet that it would be head of the line privileges for a date with "Old Squirtie.”  

Well, if TX timeframe for the DP was the same as KS', he would have gotten the same......LWOP.

There's no way around it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:42:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Yep, just like i said.

He'll be in 23hour a day lockdown with the remaining 1 hour to shower and exercise while being restrained under the watch of guards.

Too bad Leavenworth isnt still open.

El Dorado is as good as we can get I guess.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top