Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2005 10:14:13 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:16:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't forget the pics.

I had an MP give me a ticket once for doing 57 in a 55. I'm not sure if they'd be more or less likely to pull over a van with a turret.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:16:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Be sure to post pics!

Damn! Beat by 32 seconds.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:22:19 AM EDT
[#3]

There is a legend here in the Florida National Guard.....

About twenty years ago my NG unit was equipped with Dusters, an anti aircraft gun mounted on an M48 chassis.

When the unit recieved Chapparall missile systems to replace the Dusters, they shipped the old AAA platforms to an Army depot for demilling.  When the train pulled into the station, though, one Duster was missing, and had somehow been lost in transit.  

Eventually, the FBI tracked the vehicle all the way to Michigan, where a militia unit had stolen the Duster, removed the turret, and mounted it on an 18-wheeler, as the last SHTF vehicle anyone would ever need.  (Dead Reckoning, anyone?)

Probably not true, but it's a damned good story.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top