BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2001 1:16:56 PM EDT
Neighbors Complain Woman Gardens in Bikini

Fox News July 17, 2001

[img]http://foxnews.com/images/31647/1_21_071701_bikini_gardener.jpg[/img]

[img]http://foxnews.com/images/31647/1_22_071701_bikini_gardener1.jpg[/img]

She wore an itsy-bitsy, teeny-weeny bikini while working in her yard — and her neighbors did not enjoy the free show.

When topless maid service owner Dee Dee Derian dared to wear less than short shorts while gardening on her property in West Point, Utah, residents of the town complained to police.

Her neighbors say she's been indecent — which falls under the crime of lewdness in West Point — but Derian, a one-time candidate for City Council, says she is being singled out by neighbors who do not like what she does for a living.

Davis County sheriff's Lt. Dan Horton said neighbors have complained three times, most recently on Friday.

"Her neighbors are pretty persistent about this," Horton said. "We've got to respond when we have a complaint."

Horton said deputies read Utah's lewdness statute to Derian on one of their calls to her home.

The law lists a number of acts that are not allowed and also prohibits "any other act in a public place or under circumstances (that) will likely cause affront or alarm" to another.

Derian denies violating the law, saying she was wearing a "standard-size" bikini that covers everything it should.

She said she cannot understand why she might be charged with a crime for wearing a bikini in her yard when the Utah Jazz Dancers and the Utah Bikini Team are not prosecuted for their attire.

Derian also said a neighbor continually drove by her house on Friday, snapped pictures of her while she worked in her yard and yelled sexual remarks at her.

When the police were called, she says, she unsuccessfully tried to file a complaint of harassment or stalking. Police also declined to tell her who had made the complaint. They did not release the report Monday.

Derian says she just wants to be left alone to run her business and wear a bikini in her front yard if she so chooses.

"The deputies should have a little more to do than worry about what I'm wearing in my own yard," she said. "It's not like I'm visually offensive or something; people tell me I look quite a bit younger than 40."
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 1:21:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd have no problem with this if she wasn't so NASTY looking...
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 1:36:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn Reloader, that's exactly what I was thinking!
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 1:43:51 PM EDT
[#3]
[puke] It could be worse, she could be 600 pounds, look like rosie and chase you when you yell suie, suie.[heavy]
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 1:45:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 1:50:20 PM EDT
[#5]
she fell from the ugly tree...
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 1:56:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I think you people are missing the main points!
1. She is not exposing her privates.
2. She has been harassed and the police would not take her complaint.
3. The police would not tell her who is complaining about her attire.
4. She is wearing more clothing than the noted
State Sponsered organizations.
Now put yourself in her position and reflect on
how you would feel.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 2:00:50 PM EDT
[#7]
The complainers were likely wives that saw the old man staring with binoculars.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 2:05:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd do her.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 2:08:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd do her.... at 100yrds with a 50cal.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 3:48:25 PM EDT
[#10]
I only wish my female neighbors would do this.(only the two that ARENT lesbians, I'd pay to keep the lesbians cloths on!)
I have two young nubile thangs I'd like to see gardening in a bikini. [;d]
Eric
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 4:05:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
she fell from the ugly tree...
View Quote

And hit every branch on the way down...
[bounce]
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 4:19:20 PM EDT
[#12]
In Newport Maine it's perfectly legal for a woman to go topless on her property. This ordinance was passed as a result of a person complaining that he could see his female neighbor nude in her backyard when he looked through the hedge into her yard.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 4:22:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Utah has a bikini team? do they have a website?
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 4:26:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Who knew Osama Bin Laudin and LDS members would agree on anything?
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 6:03:47 PM EDT
[#15]
The lady said it right...."the nieghbors should keep thier nose in thier own yard"......
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 6:18:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Another type of freedom being infringed upon.[:(] But hey you can have classIII's in UT. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 6:22:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Sometimes I don't agree with Hangfire, but I sure do on this one.  Screw the local yahoos and their "lewdness" laws - the Jazz cheerleaders are an excellent point.  As for all the people who relish calling others ugly - that shit is for spoiled teenagers.  Y'all are the same bastards who make fun of others because it somehow makes you feel like big men to call others ugly - or poor - or whatever.  Your the types of asses that make fun of disabled people - aren't you. Chickenshits - each and every one.

Either:
A. your 350 lb fat ass is sitting at home eating burritos and snickers while you type "damn, she's ugly"
or
B. you are typing "damn she's ugly" after standing in front of the mirror for thirty minutes making sure that you didn't miss anything after shaving the hair off of your chest for that "sleek" look and putting fade cream on any scars that you might have on your body so they won't show up as much - BWAHAHA - vain faggots!

Pics are fuzzy, but I think she's attractive - and in very good shape for 40.

Tate
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top