Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2005 3:39:19 AM EDT
Does anyone own one of these???

It has a 200 GB harddrive and XECUTER 3 CE mod chip so you can play burned games

Whats cool about it is you can save the games to the hard drive so you can rent/borrow games.

Does anyone have any kind of Other info (personal experense) on them?

Thanks for reading
Cody

www.modchipstore.com/Xbox-Clear-Color-Console-pre-Modified-Xecuter-3-CE-16267.html
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 3:42:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I dont have a pre-modded, but I modded one of my xboxes myself with the Xecuter 3 chip.

I dont rip games on mine really, mostly what I do is use xbox media player to play TV shows and movies that I download off of the internet.  My modded xbox is more of a portable media machine for me, than a gaming machine.

I keep one unmodded so that I can play on xbox live though.

Its nice having every episode of the simpsons, south park, x-files, penn & Tellers BS, Beavis and Butthead, Star Trek (every episode of TNG, Voyager, Enterprise, and DS9), and smallville in one easy to move box.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:06:46 AM EDT
[#2]
try the gaming forum
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:34:00 AM EDT
[#3]
wait 6 more months for xbox 360
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:23:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I dont have a pre-modded, but I modded one of my xboxes myself with the Xecuter 3 chip.

I dont rip games on mine really, mostly what I do is use xbox media player to play TV shows and movies that I download off of the internet.  My modded xbox is more of a portable media machine for me, than a gaming machine.

Its nice having every episode of the simpsons, south park, x-files, penn & Tellers BS, Beavis and Butthead, Star Trek (every episode of TNG, Voyager, Enterprise, and DS9), and smallville in one easy to move box.

thanks for the info

on this system you can shut the chip off so you can do Xbox live
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:27:03 PM EDT
[#5]
A friend modded my XBox last week. Original hard drive, just now it has a chip in there. I've got a video on there I like, NES and SNES emulators, and a custom start-up screen. That's about it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:30:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I recomment Game Pass at blockbuster and rent away, not that I would do somethign like that.

I modded mine about 1 year ago and I play it a lot. If you are looking to start downlaodign the programs and bios you have to go on IRC. Games load faster also.

I havent been keepign up with the new things for about a year but I remember just turnign off the modchip will still get you banned. Somehow MS found out how to analyze the xbox HD to see if it was stock, and if it wasnt you got banned. It may be different now with the Xecuter 3 chip, I just have a Xecuter 2.3a i think.

Edit you still have to have an original copy of the game to play on live. You cant use a burnt or hd copy.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:01:45 PM EDT
[#7]
i guy i work with has all the programs that i need

i was just going to mod the xbox i have but it is going bad

thanks
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:18:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
wait 6 more months for xbox 360

Eh?  Launch date for the 360 is in November.... Unless you think the price will drop shortly after Christmas?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:20:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I doubt the price will drop... I'm pretty sure they'll run out of them.. the demand will be high and all the spoiled little brats with 300 bucks of Christmas money will go snag one, driving up demand.

We'd be lucky to see a price drop in the spring.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:35:26 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I doubt the price will drop... I'm pretty sure they'll run out of them.. the demand will be high and all the spoiled little brats with 300 bucks of Christmas money will go snag one, driving up demand.

We'd be lucky to see a price drop in the spring.

Expect a price drop AND the release of Halo 3 the day the PS3 goes on sale.

That Gates fellah is a devious bastard
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:09:53 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

thanks for the info

on this system you can shut the chip off so you can do Xbox live

Alot of the switches to turn of the mod chips are still detectable by xbox live. They came up with ways to detect the new hardware like your 200gb hardrive. My friends account got banned when they updated it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:14:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Be careful the game companies are now on alert and new games like GTA:San Andres will not work if it detects a modded xbox.

It's going to be a battle between game companies and modders now and the end result is your going to have to start updating your mod chip alot to keep ahead.

GL
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:22:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the info im just going to wait for 360
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top