Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2005 2:43:42 AM EDT
i was wondering what i need to buy in order to be able to hook up a PS2 to my laptop so i can play ps2 on my laptop screen.
iBook G4 17"
thanks
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 2:56:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Buy the game for PC.

I looked into this. There are TV adapters for the PC. But there is a bit of a delay. Enough to make the game pointless.

Never tried it, but that's what i've been told.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:52:42 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
i was wondering what i need to buy in order to be able to hook up a PS2 to my laptop so i can play ps2 on my laptop screen.
iBook G4 17"
thanks

$50?

Did you just make a roadtrip to VA?

How many dents do you have in your folding chair?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:56:35 AM EDT
[#3]
lol wtf?
im deployed, dont have a TV.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:01:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
iBook G4 17"
thanks

$50?

Did you just make a roadtrip to VA?

How many dents do you have in your folding chair?

www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,165941,00.html
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:04:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I think the posters are confused in this thread, kjedmondson182.  It seems people think you want to play a game on your notebook, and pipe the display out to a television.  From what I read, you want to play a game on your PS2, and pipe the display out to your notebook's screen.

Unfortunately, I don't think there's a way to do it.  Your Powerbook doesn't have any video inputs, so that kills the idea.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 2:07:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I've hooked my PS2 to my PC with an ATI TV wonder card in it without problems.  No delays. For anotebook, especially an Apple, finding a way for TV input  will be a problem.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 3:54:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I think the posters are confused in this thread, kjedmondson182.  It seems people think you want to play a game on your notebook, and pipe the display out to a television.  From what I read, you want to play a game on your PS2, and pipe the display out to your notebook's screen.

Unfortunately, I don't think there's a way to do it.  Your Powerbook doesn't have any video inputs, so that kills the idea.

I know u can do it with a regular moniter via a rca to adaptor but I dont think it would work for a laptop unless you hooked up a tv tuner card to your laptop and then hooked the ps2 into that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top