Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/17/2005 8:41:07 PM EDT
Try to keep the laughter and jokes to a minimum but I was wondering about colon cleansing product, their use, and what not.

I've (unfortunately) seen pictures of what comes out of a cleaned colon and what's been trapped up inside and it gave me the initiative to want to clean myself out. I don't want to get anything put in through my "exit" so to speak and would prefer to drink something.

Someone recommended FLEET on here a while back. I was curious about how it or similar products work. Do you just drink it and what happens next? Do you basically crap your life away for the next week? Is it a one-day or less process? Painful? Etc.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:42:13 PM EDT
[#1]
uh..

bleach + turkey baster?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:42:58 PM EDT
[#2]
those pictures are fake

eat a shitload of undigestable fiber and clay and one of those beasts will come out of your ass too

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:43:12 PM EDT
[#3]
honestly I think those pics and testimonials are a load of doo-doo.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:45:02 PM EDT
[#4]
HOw bad are the pics?

What about eating a bunch of bran cereal? I made that mistake once...

....ONCE!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:45:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
HOw bad are the pics?

What about eating a bunch of bran cereal? I made that mistake once...

....ONCE!

Kinda looks like large brownish/grey chunks of death. Horrible looking.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:47:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
uh..

bleach + turkey baster?

I just don't want to get cancer later in life, y'know?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:48:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
uh..

bleach + turkey baster?

pff, you want a clean colon, you don't want cancer, you want to make lots of $$$

You can't have it all man
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:48:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I just do Citrucel (the powder) twice daily, seems to keep things in balance and moving quite well.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:49:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Two words.........Bore Snake!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:50:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
uh..

bleach + turkey baster?

pff, you want a clean colon, you don't want cancer, you want to make lots of $$$

You can't have it all man

Well, you did say the $$ won't mean shit if I'm not around to enjoy it
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:51:13 PM EDT
[#11]
metamucil for a month will keep your butt bore clean.
a good healthy dump is when you wipe your ass and there is no residue on the tissue paper
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:51:24 PM EDT
[#12]
My little nephew ate couple of prunes at my house.
I told him they were giant raisins
You should have seen what came out of the little kid for next few hours

I say go eat a bag of prunes and your colon will be flushed out.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:53:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Do you have a garden hose?

Use your imagination.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:56:44 PM EDT
[#14]
So much for being serious . Can't say I expected it to actually be that way though
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:57:40 PM EDT
[#15]
I dont think the fleet will do the trick.  You need something to encourage what ever it is you're trying to get out - out.  The best thing is Epsom salt [2 TBLS per 8 oz glass of water] Lemon Juice [concentrate] and Olive Oil.  Drink it until you want to , stop then drink some more.  Lay down and Voila, you'll feel like shit for a while but have a clean colan.

Patty
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:59:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Ask a doctor that uses a buttscope or colonoscope or whatever it is called.. there is nothing trapped up your ass like what those salesmen will tell you
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:00:13 PM EDT
[#17]
it's the only way to be sure.......

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:10:30 PM EDT
[#18]

Fleet Test Prep kit.  The kind with the Phospho-Soda and some other stuff in it.

I had a medical procedure done...had to use that stuff to prep.  There are three components--the phospho-soda, two little pills, and one suppository.  Thankfully, I was only supposed to drink the soda, the pills and suppository weren't necessary.  I think I recall I was allowed to mix it with something, ginger-ale or lemon-lime soda, something like that.

That phospho-soda is very good at what it does.

Jim
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:11:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Robo I worry about you.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:12:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Have dinner at my sister's house.
If your colon isn't clean after that, you damn well better see a proctologist!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:19:44 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Try to keep the laughter and jokes to a minimum but I was wondering about colon cleansing product, their use, and what not.

I've (unfortunately) seen pictures of what comes out of a cleaned colon and what's been trapped up inside and it gave me the initiative to want to clean myself out. I don't want to get anything put in through my "exit" so to speak and would prefer to drink something.

Someone recommended FLEET on here a while back. I was curious about how it or similar products work. Do you just drink it and what happens next? Do you basically crap your life away for the next week? Is it a one-day or less process? Painful? Etc.

Thanks.

is this your website here ?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:22:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:23:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Here's a link to a website about a guy that decided to order one of that Colon Cleaning products and docuement  the results...

Colon Cleaning WARNING SEVERAL TURD PICS
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:29:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Let me be the first to suggest tannerite.  That, and a good psychiatric examination.  

Obsession with what's up your ass is NOT a good sign, no matter how you look at it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:44:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Seems like if this were true, then Katie Couric's butt scope woulda shown some debris.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:48:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Fleet is just a laxative (I use the term “just’ with caution since, in larger quantities, Fleet can turn you into a human fire hose!!).

To my mind, putting chemicals into your colon is probably a good way to cause colon cancer!

Talk to your doctor – if cancer is a concern for you, think about getting a colonoscopy to check things out.  However, depending on your age, getting your insurance company to pay for it may be a problem.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:55:17 PM EDT
[#27]
If you're going for the colonoscopy, they'll give you six liters of a pineapple-flavored solution (contains stuff like potassium sulfate) named "GoLytely" -- a name which indicates it'll make you "go' and that it's made out of gentle electrolytes. You simply drink three cups an hour and let Nature take her course. It's really delicious, and even after the 4th liter, you'll want more!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:09:29 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
If you're going for the colonoscopy, they'll give you six liters of a pineapple-flavored solution (contains stuff like potassium sulfate) named "GoLytely" -- a name which indicates it'll make you "go' and that it's made out of gentle electrolytes. You simply drink three cups an hour and let Nature take her course. It's really delicious, and even after the 4th liter, you'll want more!

That's just one of the options.  The Fleet prep kits are another.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:22:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Just drink metalmucil twice a day, seriously.

That's what a colon doctor told me after I went for a screening (I'm only 28 but my dad was just diagnosed with colon cancer so it made me jittery)

ETA:Also, eat a salad with dinner.  The fiber will be helpfull.

Most of the colon cleansers are crap (pun not intended).  A lot of myths and plain deceptions when they advertise these things.

Stuff doesn't get stuck in the colon for years, if it does it's called an obstruction and a big hint that you have one is intense abdominal pain and bleeding from the rectum.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:22:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Just eat a bowl of Fiber One every morning.  I think the box suggests 1/2 cup a day.  If you're like me, your bowels will laugh at 1/2 a cup.

I try to eat 1-1 1/2 cups of Fiber One at a time.  Really helps me stay regular.  But then again, I can eat prunes like there is no tomorrow and have zero side effects.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:39:05 PM EDT
[#31]
I understand that gerbils do a bang up job
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:08:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Get enough fiber in your diet, and things will resolve themselves. Aim for 30grams at least. Recomended levels are 25g for adults, as I recall.  Remove processed flour from your diet, and eat healthier...
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:08:09 AM EDT
[#33]
My friend dared me to drink one of the 2 liter size bottles of prune juice.  I downed it all in about one hour.  As I took the last sip, I thought I had to fart.  Ended up shitting my pants.  Luckily I was at home.  I spent the next hour running back and forth to the toilet.  I honestly can say that everything inside of me was out.   Drink plenty of water afterwords or you'll get dehydrated.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:14:33 AM EDT
[#34]
If you are concerned with colon cancer eat red things.
Thats not a joke.  Lycopene is the red pigment in vegetables and is a phytochemical that is known to prevent colon cancer.  Processing does not matter.  Tomato paste, strawberries, ketchup all have lycopene in them.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:16:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Try Metamucil.  It's a lot less traumatic than the Fleet saline laxative.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:18:55 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Robo I worry about you.

+1

+2
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:34:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Perhaps it's just me, but two cups of black coffee turns my bowels into a bullet train. I have nail marks on the inside of my small bowels from where fecal matter tried in vain to outlast the java induced tsunami. 5 minutes after cup two it's time for the penguin walk. I use it as a bake timer for the coffee cake.

I believe no ass-plaque could survive such an assault.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:44:07 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
those pictures are fake

eat a shitload of undigestable fiber and clay and one of those beasts will come out of your ass too

THIS IS THE CASE!! This thread has been gone over to death a few months ago.  YOU DO NOT HAVE 5 YEAR OLD CRAP STUCK IN YOUR ASS.  This is (pardon the pun) a load of shit from people that want to make money BY FREAKING YOU OUT by showing you SCARY pictures.  Do not fall for it.  If you had that kind of stuff stuck in your colon PERISTALISIS would NOT function and you would not shit at all.  The people that are putting this stuff forward are HIPPIES, and when do HIPPIES know ANYTHING about real medicine or science.  (and if they have a real DOKTOR recommending it, is he making a buck?)
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:25:44 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
uh..

bleach + turkey baster?

Everyone's worry.

Eat a healthy diet loaded with fruit/veggies
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:32:03 AM EDT
[#40]
Don't do any of that crazy shit.  Go see a gastroenterologist if you are having GI problems or have some questions.

Basically if you drink lots of water and eat a well rounded diet with lots of fiber and green leafies, you should be fine.

I ignored my own advice as a young man...and paid dearly with two colorectal surgeries.  Trust me...YOU DON'T WANT THAT!!!

After you reach 50 get a colonoscopy!  Colon cancer is not how you want to check out.

Forget that other quackery though...
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:47:11 AM EDT
[#41]

And if you have a history of colon cancer in your family, start those colonoscopies ealier--like at 35-40.

They can snip pre-cancerous polyps during a colonoscopy, which beats the hell out of finding the tumor after it gets big enough that you have bowel problems.

Jim
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:51:07 AM EDT
[#42]
What LWilde said!

I keep hearing the If-It's-"Alternative"-It-Must-Be-Good/Meat-Is-Bad-For-You crowd saying it takes weeks or months for stuff to clear out of your colon.  They're veganism-addled brains are struggling to find reinforcement.  Ignore them.

Quoted:
And if you have a history of colon cancer in your family, start those colonoscopies ealier--like at 35-40.

They can snip pre-cancerous polyps during a colonoscopy, which beats the hell out of finding the tumor after it gets big enough that you have bowel problems.

A big stayin' alive +1 on that.  I have a bad family history of colon cancer and do not regret starting colonoscopies at 40.  It was the right thing to do.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:03:41 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Thanks.

Just eat right and stay hydrated.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:04:54 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Two words.........Bore Snake!

You just make Dr Pepper shoot out of my nose. thanks
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:05:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Important tip:

NEVER take a laxative and a sleeping pill at the same time.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:10:12 AM EDT
[#46]
The trick to a clean colon is to pay a hooker to give you the enema.

Then you won't feel like a fag.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:16:04 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

No, but you'll feel like you paid a hooker to stick something in your ass.

Wait, male or female hooker? And why wouldn't you feel like a fag?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:16:44 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:18:14 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
My little nephew ate couple of prunes at my house.
I told him they were giant raisins
You should have seen what came out of the little kid for next few hours

I say go eat a bag of prunes and your colon will be flushed out.

When I was 8 or 9 we went to my grand parents vacation shack up in the NE AL mountains. Walked down to a little store and my bro got some nasty looking peppermint sticks. Grossed me out so I bought a box of prunes and ate them on the walk home. When my grandfather saw what I had done he said, "I wouldn't stray too far off for awhile ir I were you."
I think I'm still cleaned out after all these years.

Just eat a lot of fiber- fruits, vegetables, cereals. Drink a couple-three of qts of H2O a day. Keep away from processed food as much as you can. God already designed a system that works, if you work with it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:36:44 AM EDT
[#50]
More information here.  Read and learn:  www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/gastro.html
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top