Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2005 2:21:40 PM EDT
I have to laugh but only because I want one now.
www.hogueinc.com/getgrip/merchant.ihtml?id=460&step=2

Soft Touch products entered into our daily lives during the 1990's, on many small consumer products. Toothbrushes, writing pens, hand tools etc. have all incorporated some type of Soft Touch feature. Hogue was an innovator in this field during the mid 80's originally manufacturing Soft Touch Sporting Goods products.

The idea for a toilet seat came about from brainstorming the ideal product to incorporate our technology into. The goal was to think of a product that everyone uses that would benefit from a Soft Touch elastomer finish. That ideal product was the UltraTouch toilet seat!

A TOILET SEAT
The Ideal Soft Touch Product!

Molding Soft Touch products requires more expertise and equipment than molding a single hard material, and molding large items like a toilet seat requires even more expertise and specialized equipment.

The seat is made by first molding what we call an "insert". The insert is basically a conventional hard seat made from the proper material that is dimensioned smaller in the areas that will be "OverMolded".

The insert or small seat is then put into a second mold and a Thermoplastic Elastomer (TPE) is OverMolded onto the seat insert. The materials for the insert and overmold are carefully chosen to be chemically compatible so they chemically and permanently bond to each other under the tremendous heat and pressure of the molding process.

In fact the pressures required for this process are in excess of 3,000 PSI! A Thermoplastic Elastomer is a soft synthetic material with a feel similar to that of natural rubber. This is what gives the seat the soft comfortable feel.

The result from this process is an extremely durable, comfortable and warm to the touch toilet seat - UltraTouch.

Few companies have the equipment or the experience with OverMolding to produce a large product such as a toilet seat. The process is so specialized and unique that Hogue was granted U.S. patent #6,154,892 and 6,347,415 for a toilet seat incorporating this "Soft Touch" technology.

This effectively means that no other company can make a seat with these features. Read the patent for yourself! It is publicly available on the U.S. patent office website at www.uspto.gov search for number 6,154,892 and 6,347,415.

www.sani-soft.com/

Electrically heated?

Hmmm... ok... maybe I could get used to that so instead of on a cold winter morning, I'm more like

Easily cleaned... in dishwasher? Um... not MY dishwasher, thank you very much.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:22:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:22:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:23:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It doesn't come in tactical black?  WTH?  

Duracoat, or just keep the lights off.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:25:27 PM EDT
[#4]
UltraTouch Seats are Dishwsher Safe!

The quick release hinges allow you to quickly remove the seat, clean the hard to reach areas and put the seat in the dishwasher!

YUCH !!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:25:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Thats just what I need.  A Hogue Tactical heated No-Slip porcelain-pony saddle.  For those high speed low drag manuvers.  Aaaaaahhhhh...  
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:25:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Hogue's new slogan

Hogue: Proven Reliability for SHTF Situations.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:30:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I wonder how absorbent it is.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:33:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:33:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Where does the laser sight fit in?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:36:58 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm holding out for Coyote Brown.  Good for camouflaging that errant splashback.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:46:22 PM EDT
[#11]
I would buy one immediately if they made it in all black, with the little Hogue signature bumps on it.  Make it feel just like the grip to my 686.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:47:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I would buy one immediately if they made it in all black, with the little Hogue signature bumps on it.  Make it feel just like the grip to my 686.

you know how hard that would be to clean?  Rub a stink pickle across your 686 grips and report back...
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:48:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:49:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:54:53 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

you know how hard that would be to clean?  Rub a stink pickle across your 686 grips and report back...

if your shit'n on the rim you need to adjust your point of aim. maybe some more range time would help. Order some of CHEEKS colon blow and get to work

"Drydocking a stink pickle"?

author unknown, 2003
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:57:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:01:21 PM EDT
[#17]
This isnt new, I have had mine for I guess around a year now.  I have a reg not heated model.

I thought it was funny as a few of us guys go after the latest gear and such. I was the first with the tactical shitter.

Now that I have had it for a while, I can sayI have better aim when shooting my rear turret and If I rain on it in the middle of the night, My girlfriend doesnt lose her grip when its her turn to fire....(No, it does not go in my dishwasher)
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:01:29 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

if your shit'n on the rim you need to adjust your point of aim. maybe some more range time would help. Order some of CHEEKS colon blow and get to work

"Drydocking a stink pickle"?

author unknown, 2003

Author was PeteCO, here's the link:
archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=305449&page=2

The quote:

Are you kidding me? Who in the hell dry-docks a stink pickle on their own toilet seat? And WTF - they can't take their own garbage out? What was their response to the trash everywhere?

I remember it because it was my sigline for a while.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:04:27 PM EDT
[#19]
I just ordered one, thanks!

I'll post a SITREP after the install and first deployment.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:10:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Diversification is a wonderful thing.  Ruger casts golf clubs, S&W machines tranny parts for Harley-Davidson, and Bianchi makes ladies' handbags.  Are there any other examples I'm missing?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:12:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:21:19 PM EDT
[#22]
taggage
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:30:22 PM EDT
[#23]
I wonder if I can order one with the satin upper and brushed lower?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:33:55 PM EDT
[#24]
if you fall off that bitch, well, you should die!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:27:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Group buy!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:39:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Bump for the night crew
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top