Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/17/2005 2:20:37 PM EDT
Today a Israeli settler dangled his own child from a 3rd story window threatening to drop him rather than be removed from Gaza.

A woman protesting the Gaza pullout is said to be in serious condition after setting herself on fire at a roadblock in southern Israel.

Earlier, an Israeli settler allegedly killed three Palestinian workers in the West Bank. Prime Minister Ariel Sharon said the settler committed "Jewish terror."

Security forces have warned that Sharon could be targeted by extremists.

Israeli soldiers have been dragging upset Jews from homes, religious centers and even a nursery school. Residents in one area pinned stars of David on their T-shirts and called IDF soldiers Nazis.

Wednesday was the first day of forcible evacuations from Gaza, following a two-day grace period during which settlers were given a chance to leave voluntarily. But some of the settlers are refusing to go quietly.

In one case, settlers pushed large cinderblocks off a bridge and tried to torch a nearby Arab house.

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:28:22 PM EDT
[#1]
There are extremist elements in every religion.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:30:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

And it ain't just the ones in Israel...

NY Jews threaten suicide

Neve Dekalim Settlement - Members of a New York-based ultra-Orthodox Jewish movement were threatening to commit mass suicide on Wednesday in protest at the Gaza Strip pull-out, security sources and associates said.

The members of the Lubavitch movement had barricaded themselves inside a communal bomb shelter at the main Gaza Strip settlement of Neve Dekalim with gas cylinders, said their local leader, Rabbi Yigal Kirshenzaft.

"There are about 20 of them shut inside a bomb shelter and say they have gas there," he said.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:32:24 PM EDT
[#3]
What is a "normal" reaction to the government forcing you to leave your home and land?  What would you do?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:32:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Every large group has some bad apples that makes rest of the group look bad.
Remember that next time we discuss about ROP
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:33:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Ban religion...and no I am not trolling or joking...organized religion is evil...more evil than the devil, money or any terrorist.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:33:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone who thinks there will be any peace from the withdrawl is in denial.  The Gaza was just too expensive to defend.

After the withdrawl, all buildings will be destroyed and any new construction will be carefully monitored.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:33:58 PM EDT
[#7]

It's as if they have been fighting and hating each other for so long now that they don't know any other way to act.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:34:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
What is a "normal" reaction to the government forcing you to leave your home and land?  What would you do?

Same thing that Arabs/Palastianians have been doing for past 40 years?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:35:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I wouldn't go in peace either. Fuck leaving what you built. The jews didn't want our tax dollars, they just wanted to keep their houses. If you've never seen that area, it is really nice. Palis will turn it into a shithole in no time.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:35:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Today a Israeli settler dangled his own child from a 3rd story window threatening to drop him rather than be removed from Gaza....

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:40:42 PM EDT
[#11]
They should ship the palestinians to Saudi. They have room and plenty of money.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:42:15 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Well not pulling a Michael Jackson and threatening to kill my own child for starters.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:44:44 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I wouldn't go in peace either. Fuck leaving what you built. The jews didn't want our tax dollars, they just wanted to keep their houses. If you've never seen that area, it is really nice. Palis will turn it into a shithole in no time.

Ya know I don't have a problem with that.

I agree with that point. Even worse the withdrawl HAS emboldened Pali terrorists who WILL see it as a victory brought about by terrorism.

What I'm talking about is shit like mass suicides, threats to drop children from third story windows and randomly shooting into crowds.

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:45:22 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Today a Israeli settler dangled his own child from a 3rd story window threatening to drop him rather than be removed from Gaza....

homepage.mac.com/cfj/.Pictures/jacko-baby-dangle-01.jpg

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:45:30 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I wouldn't be suprised if  they don't want our tax dollars; Reciepts from China must be adding up nicely by now.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:47:13 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ya know I don't have a problem with that.

I agree with that point. Even worse the withdrawl HAS emboldened Pali terrorists who WILL see it as a victory brought about by terrorism.

What I'm talking about is shit like mass suicides, threats to drop children from third story windows and randomly shooting into crowds.

Yep, some of that is a dumb idea. I would wage all out war against the palis and force their hand. Israel would have to call off the moving.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:48:38 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

The Suadis dont want them. nobody does.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:51:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Boy, that Gaza place must be really nice.  Maybe the good Denny's is located there.?  
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:53:46 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Ban religion...and no I am not trolling or joking...organized religion is evil...more evil than the devil, money or any terrorist.

To quote Battlefield 2, "Artillery, your area!"
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:54:07 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

The difference is that Israel doesn't name schools after their extremists, and you won't see heroic posters with a picture of that soldier who shot up a bus full of palestinians.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:56:39 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But they earned what they got by attacking Israel in the first place.  Lose the war, lose your home.  Plain and simple.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:59:11 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But they earned what they got by attacking Israel in the first place.  Lose the war, lose your home.  Plain and simple.

The palis don't have the sense God gave a piss ant. Lazy fuckers will turn a beautiful city into a shithole. Look at the landscape over in paliland, nothing to look at considering they have been there for 1000s of years. Israel turned a shithole into a modern city in less that 30 years.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:59:57 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The difference is that Israel doesn't name schools after their extremists, and you won't see heroic posters with a picture of that soldier who shot up a bus full of palestinians.

Indeed. Extremists aren't "extreme" in the Islamic world - they're practically the norm.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:01:34 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The palis don't have the sense God gave a piss ant. Lazy fuckers will turn a beautiful city into a shithole. Look at the landscape over in paliland, nothing to look at considering they have been there for 1000s of years. Israel turned a shithole into a modern city in less that 30 years.

So?  That's your sense of what's important .   Perhaps if you stopped judging other's lives by your quality standards then that would'nt be relevant.

Perhaps they like living in a shithole.  If you don't,  then don't move to Palestine.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:04:16 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Perhaps they like living in a shithole.  If you don't,  then don't move to Palestine.

Have you ever stopped and listened to yourself, or do you just like being contrary?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:04:25 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm sure there is a school named after notorious member of the terrorists Stern Gang Menachem Bagin somewhere in Israel.

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:07:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Yeah, if the Government ever bulldozed your house to give to Illegal immigrants I'm sure you'd be tickled pink Steyr.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:11:01 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So?  That's your sense of what's important .   Perhaps if you stopped judging other's lives by your quality standards then that would'nt be relevant.

They don't like living in a shithole, they are just too useless to do any better. If I ever visit palestine it will be during the crusades.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:12:38 PM EDT
[#29]
I remember a few months ago we kicked a major shitfit on this board when SCOTUS ruled for Eminent Domain. I don't blame the Israelis one bit.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:30:37 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I remember a few months ago we kicked a major shitfit on this board when SCOTUS ruled for Eminent Domain. I don't blame the Israelis one bit.

I agree... I am just a bit pained to see Jews fighting Jews after all the arabs and nazis bullshit they have had to deal with.

- BG
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:36:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Sharon screwed his people.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:37:22 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Gaza was a spoil of the 6-Day War.  Israel was attacked by Egypt, Syria and Jordan.  They all lost.

This would be analogous to the US pulling out of South Texas.  The border dispute between The Nation of Texas and Mexico made the land between the Nueces River and the Rio Grande disputed territory.  After the Treaty of Guadelupe Hildago, the border was set at the Rio Grande.  This is why Nuevo (new) Laredo was created, Mexicans living on the North Bank refused to become US citizens.

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:39:27 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Suadis dont want them. nobody does.

No kidding.  Palestinians are the least desired Arabs.  They originated as nomads and therefore, have no "birthright".  So the snob Arabs tell them their birthright is in the farsical land of Palestine.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:03:12 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Not that I dispute what you are saying, but wasn't there a unpopular Supreme Court ruling along the lines of your logic lately?....
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:09:04 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

It's as if they have been fighting and hating each other for so long now that they don't know any other way to act.

Yep....
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:13:55 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not that I dispute what you are saying, but wasn't there a unpopular Supreme Court ruling along the lines of your logic lately?....

Not exactly. It's one thing to complain about such a thing, it's another to actually take property at the point of gun and give it to someone else - for any reason.

Which, incidentally, is what's happening to the settlers in Gaza.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:17:20 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Wouldn't it be funny (strange) when the Palestinians move in if the Israeli's start blowing them up on buses via suicide bombings
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:23:42 PM EDT
[#38]
I wonder if the palis will rush in before the IDF blows the houses? Get a free house and a terrorsit victory.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:52:44 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not exactly. It's one thing to complain about such a thing, it's another to actually take property at the point of gun and give it to someone else - for any reason.

And they got that property in the first place how? The point of a gun, of course.

Like I said in another thread, Israel should have properly annexed the terroritories back in '67, because there was no way in hell the 'settlements' could have lasted under 'psuedo-annexation'. Oh well.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:54:05 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And they got that property in the first place how? The point of a gun, of course.

Like I said in another thread, Israel should have properly annexed the terroritories back in '67, because there was no way in hell the 'settlements' could have lasted under 'psuedo-annexation'. Oh well.

That was their land for thousands of years, they took it back.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:03:11 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was their land for thousands of years, they took it back.

And it wasn't their land for well over a thousand years. When was the Diaspora? 585AD or something like that?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:04:44 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Ding ding ding!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:38:34 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Actually, captured territory after defending themselves in a war, and ending up taking territory from the aggressors.  That's a little different then a politician arbitrarily reassigning property.

Very true.  I think they should've just kicked the "Palestineans" out of their country and taken the shit.  Would have solved a lot of problems.  Either take the territory as your own, or give it up. This half and half stuff has been a huge problem.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:41:40 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Today a Israeli settler dangled his own child from a 3rd story window threatening to drop him rather than be removed from Gaza.

Michael Jackson is Jewish now???  

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:43:54 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have you ever stopped and listened to yourself, or do you just like being contrary?

The above post appears in thedictionary next to the listing for "irony."

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:54:55 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The above post appears in thedictionary next to the listing for "irony."

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:57:21 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

+10000000000000000
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:03:04 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Showing off your personality again, eh???  

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:59:56 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Yeah, if the Government ever bulldozed your house to give to Illegal immigrants I'm sure you'd be tickled pink Steyr.

I wouldn't hang my kid out the window or light myself on fire.

And that's got nothing to do with ANYTHING. Like I said I understand why they don't wanna go.

But the fact remains that some of these people are fucking nuts.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:02:15 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ding ding ding!

DING DING DING.

Hey everyone light yourself on fire, commit mass suicide and hang your kid out a window.

It is apparantly the RATIONAL reasoned response.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top