Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2005 1:51:36 PM EDT
How long would it take for a CD to breakdown in sunlight? They scream out of a clay target thrower. Makes a batu look like a slug.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:57:57 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
How long would it take for a CD to breakdown in sunlight?

They're made of PVC so, well, forever...

—Dan
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:06:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I hang them from trees to scare parrots away from my vegetable garden.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:59:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I recall a year or 2 ago that the Japanese were working on CDs made with a paper-based substrate, and were supposed to be recycleable. I don't know what came of it.

But I did come across this on a quick Google search:

" GreenDisk, an organization headquartered in Sammamish, Washington, cleanly disposes of and recycles electronic media devices (including CDs, DVDs, and jewel cases) and most other forms of "techno trash." EcoDisk, based in Tacoma, Washington, offers a similar service. Both organizations require a small payment to cover the costs of recycling. To learn more, call either organization or visit their website: GreenDisk (www.greendisk.com); EcoDisk (www.ecodisk.com) 888/797-SOFT."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top