Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2005 11:07:05 AM EDT
My sister works at the University of Washington. She has been there a long time. She fits in well with the academic group think. We don't talk much. Think Cindy Sheehan.

So, I get this e-mail from her.

The header reads:

[Fwd: Quote - Is history repeating itself, again?  (May be they read the same book!)]

All I can say is that if she can't see the difference between the USA and Nazi Germany, she's just not worth having a conversation with.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:10:38 AM EDT
[#1]
If people don't like this country....     Why don't they just STFU and leave it !
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:11:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:12:02 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If people don't like this country....     Why don't they just STFU and leave it !

+1

i dont get why they try to change it to their liking...take it the way it is or get the fuck out
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:13:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Deport your sister...the voices told me it is ok.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:15:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:16:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

i dont get why they try to change it to their liking...take it the way it is or get the fuck out

I thought the point of a republic was to change things if the majority does not like the current way of operation?

I agree most people are stupid.  But that IS the point of a Republic that things can be changed.  The power is in the hands of the people.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:19:06 AM EDT
[#7]
When has the US EVER said we wanted to rule the world?!? We are always called when some other country needs help. What would they be saying if we didn't help every-fucking-body?

It is the lack of true ammunition against Bush and company that makes them fall back on this type of moronic attack.

Sheesh.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:19:07 AM EDT
[#8]
I like the backgound of that photo.

Reminds me of the old Hamm's Beer commercials.

Mmmmm....

Hamm's
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:30:10 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Mmmmm....

Hamm's

+1
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:34:27 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I like the backgound of that photo.

Reminds me of the old Hamm's Beer commercials.

Mmmmm....

Hamm's

It's the beer refreshing ya know!!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:40:48 AM EDT
[#11]
She missed who Nazi Germany represents in today's world. Nazi Germany was Iraq a few years ago. We warred with Germany for the same reason we warred with Iraq. Germany didn't attack us the Japs(AQ) did. We warred with Germany(Iraq) because they were a threat and we lost a lot more men fighting Germany to liberate Europe(Iraq). Afghanistan can be thought of as Japan back in WWII and Iraq Germany. If one thinks that invading Iraq and rebuilding it is unjustified, then they are hypocrites to say that we were right in taking down Hitler's regime and rebuilding Germany and Japan.

See? Things have not changed at all. There are just a LOT LESS casualties and costs now.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:49:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:55:35 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mmmmm....

Hamm's

+1

Yeah, I remember that commercial with the bears, remember "the land of the sky blue waters, Hamm's beer."
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:57:26 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
She missed who Nazi Germany represents in today's world. Nazi Germany was Iraq a few years ago. We warred with Germany for the same reason we warred with Iraq. Germany didn't attack us the Japs(AQ) did. We warred with Germany(Iraq) because they were a threat and we lost a lot more men fighting Germany to liberate Europe(Iraq). Afghanistan can be thought of as Japan back in WWII and Iraq Germany. If one thinks that invading Iraq and rebuilding it is unjustified, then they are hypocrites to say that we were right in taking down Hitler's regime and rebuilding Germany and Japan.

See? Things have not changed at all. There are just a LOT LESS casualties and costs now.

Well put.

TXL
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:06:08 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mmmmm....

Hamm's

+1

Yeah, I remember that commercial with the bears, remember "the land of the sky blue waters, Hamm's beer."

Sorry forgot add my comment, some people refuse to believe what is front of them, even up to the point of leading them in the "showers" to clean up a bit. Foolish people. I guess some folks deserve to get F's in history.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:15:04 PM EDT
[#16]
I think its a shame the libs dont see how much like the Nazis ther really are.

Since she wants to play the lets compare each other to NAzis game..

Send her some of these pics.

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:21:31 PM EDT
[#17]
I would send her the corrected version, deride her lack of professionalism... and add a forward to her boss pointing out that politics notwithstanding its poor research that has no place at an academic institution...

See if you can get her fired.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:27:11 PM EDT
[#18]
You had the original qoute in your post and it fit well -- why edit it?

It definetely looks like a different persons writing towards the end. The way it begins the person has a firm grasp of the english language, but no idea how to make their point without sounding like some officious aristocrat. Something I would believe is characteristic from the supposed author. The latter of it comes across like a grad student.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:30:21 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Yep, POTUS and his gang get to call the shots for 4 years.

In the meantime, don't like the immigration situation? STFU & GTFO. CAFTA/NAFTA? STFU & GTFO. Eminent Domain. STFU & GTFO. Crummy Space Shuttle? STFU & GTFO. This reply STFU & GTFO.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:32:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Hit reply and type this...

We were attacked and you lack patriotism and are putting our country in danger.

GM
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:33:14 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
My sister works at the University of Washington. She has been there a long time. She fits in well with the academic group think. We don't talk much. Think Cindy Sheehan.

So, I get this e-mail from her.

The header reads:

[Fwd: Quote - Is history repeating itself, again?  (May be they read the same book!)]

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=40841

All I can say is that if she can't see the difference between the USA and Nazi Germany, she's just not worth having a conversation with.

It's a perfectly constructed logic-trap, by her Masters - spout just that kind of garbage to the point of infuriating the very people they falsely charge with being Fascists, until those self-same people have had enough and STOMP THEIR EVERLOVIN' GUTS OUT.
Self-fulfilling prophecy, like Anarchists jackasses smashing store windows and flinging dung on officers until they draw the penalty / beatdown, then all their camera shutters go clickclickclickclick and the cries of "Come witness the repression inherent in the system!"
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:43:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Your sister epitomizes the goofiness of the liberal moonbats that infect academia.

She is a poor student of history, a lousy student of reality, and INCREDIBLY ignorant of the world outside of her little liberal cocoon.

She needs to get out more and converse with some educated conservatives.  She needs to read more and NOT just from Chomsky, Marx and The Nation.  She needs to listen to alternative views on life and the world around her...and not just Al Franken.

Finally, she needs to acquire some manners.  To lump US with the Nazis is a FUCKING INSULT to all of the brave men and women who have given the last full measure for their country.

She should be ASHAMED!!!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:54:56 PM EDT
[#23]
I-5 north.  Home is only 100 miles away.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:01:19 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

I thought the point of a republic was to change things if the majority does not like the current way of operation?

I agree most people are stupid.  But that IS the point of a Republic that things can be changed.  The power is in the hands of the people.

We spoke in November of 2000 and November of 2004.  Nuf Said!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:50:04 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

We spoke in November of 2000 and November of 2004.  Nuf Said!

Yeah, and she's still pissing and moaning about it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:33:13 PM EDT
[#26]

We are NOT I repeat NOT under Attack. Islam is the religion of Peace. The destruction of the World Trade Center was caused by the Evil Republicans.

Sadaam is a Good Guy.
North Korea is a Worker's Paradise.
Iran is governed by a religion of peace that is tolerant of other religions.
Afghanistan was an Islamic Paradise under invaded by the Evil Americans who overthrew
the humane government of the Taliban..

--------------

In all seriousness...liberals are incredibly naive about other cultures and governments.

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:41:02 PM EDT
[#27]
No people in history have ever survived who thought they could protect their freedom by making themselves inoffensive to their enemies.
Dean Acheson
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top