Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2005 1:03:30 AM EDT
Before the up coming barrel import ban I never had a pressing need to go get any parts kits.  Sure, some of the ads in Shotgun News would get the wheels turning in my head. But, I never got any. There was all ways a complete gun or a new, assembled AR upper/lower that would get my money. After all, if you're going to spend several hundred dollars, it's better to buy something new.

Now that I know it's now or never, I've picked up four AK kits ( two Rommeys, a Yugo under-folder and a Polish Tantal) and come Friday I will pick up a few more or maybe even a M1919A4 MG kit

Thanks to the ban, I will go from owning none to over a half dozen. Minimum.

Every time these fools ban something the mad rush by everyone who was sitting on the fence about owning one go out and buy it in numbers that dwarf the original number of people who have one.

Dose this help the ATF sleep better?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:06:47 AM EDT
[#1]
How much are those underfolder kits running?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:08:41 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:10:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I just bought a 1919 kit.   I bet sales of parts kits hit an all time high over the next couple months.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:20:33 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

When I got one it was about $129 before shipping.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:22:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yeah, I just bought a 1919 kit.   I bet sales of parts kits hit an all time high over the next couple months.

From who? What do you think of it? Please tell.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:23:11 AM EDT
[#6]
the kits will still be around later (sans-barrels) and you can always build your own 80% receivers.. the problem is going to be chrome lined barrels made in the USA now.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:23:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Just scroll down a bit.

Centerfire AK Kits
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:26:39 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
the kits will still be around later (sans-barrels) and you can always build your own 80% receivers.. the problem is going to be chrome lined barrels made in the USA now.

I saw a web site selling them for $40. is that a good price?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:27:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Picked me up a MG42 kit. mmmm beltfed.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:28:50 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

$40?

sounds good to me... they weren't from Speshul Weepuns, were they?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:38:03 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

$40?

sounds good to me... they weren't from Speshul Weepuns, were they?

No some Yahoo's group buy
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:42:23 AM EDT
[#12]
I can't wait until someone in the US starts producing US barrels. I want to see some good barrels, not the crappy 8 MOA barrels you buy in the reject parts kits.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:46:32 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

$325 from coles and a spare 308 bbl for $34 IIRC.  The kit looks very good.  I bought the kit minus the sights,  I'll play around with some options on that.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:51:41 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

$325 from coles and a spare 308 bbl for $34 IIRC.  The kit looks very good.  I bought the kit minus the sights,  I'll play around with some options on that.  

COOL, Thats $50 less than the group.

If I get one I want to add a spade grip above all else.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:11:18 AM EDT
[#15]
You can get a second kit for $299IIRC.    Shipping for the gun and spare barrel (looks like new) was $46!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:22:07 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
You can get a second kit for $299IIRC.    Shipping for the gun and spare barrel (looks like new) was $46!

Is this Cole's Gun Shop in clearwater florida?
Thats the only name that came up on Google.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:33:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Cole's distributing, I think it's www.coledistributing.com IIRC
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:42:33 AM EDT
[#18]
The address works. Time to do some more shopping. Thanks
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:43:18 AM EDT
[#19]
$350 for a parts kit?
No thanks.

I'll just wait a year from now and buy a Vepr, just like I would buy an AR-15. The ban does not include rifles imported for the purpose of sporting, ala Vepr. The Vepr is imported with wooden furniture and only takes single stack mags. The Importer, Robinson Arms, converts to polymer furniture and modifies it to take standard AK box mags, and adds the 5 necessary US parts. Therefore bypassing any ban on surplus military parts. I'd rather pay slightly more for something that shoots just as reliably but more accurately. You can't beat Russian quality for AK stuff (Russian AK kool-aid, probably tritiated, but whatever).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top