Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/16/2005 11:31:07 PM EDT
I hear people calling/hoping/touting/whatever revolution Civil War, but where are the lines being drawn?  

Are the lines drawn as clearly as North and South?  East/West?

The rift between the right and left in reality involves a tiny percentage of the population with the vast majority of the "great unthinking" not even giving a crap.  

Some say there will be a race war, but I don't see much of that up here, but I can imagine tensions in other places being prettty high.

Some say it will be between pro and anti .gov forces, but I think that anti.gov groups are so fractured in their beliefs ranging from far right to far left and every flavor in between that there is not a chance for there to be any sort of anything coming of some sort of organized revolt.  Not to mention that everyone is shitting their pants  with the though of JBT's at the door.  As a population we are scare crapless of the .gov.

Personally I think that we have many many years of relatively stable(ish) bliss ahead....perhaps with the .gov continuing on with its steady pace towards tyranny, only to become threatened by cities and states that have done the same thing, and there is where the blowout begins...just my .02
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:35:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't explain as easily as I can show you what's happening.

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:44:10 PM EDT
[#2]
People need two things to survive, Food and Clothing/protection from the elements.

It matters not what people say but what they do, when people begin to hunger their mentation changes,meek pacifists become murderers in three days without food.

The next revolution begins after the famine begins.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:45:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I think this is about right.

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:45:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Wouldn't it be more like the next American Civil War, rather than the next American Revolution?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:46:33 PM EDT
[#5]
If I dont like the way they look, I shoot.  

Keep it simple
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:50:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Wouldn't it be more like the next American Civil War, rather than the next American Revolution?

The people want a revolution....Least some people...But I do stand corrected.

ARdunstan...looks like Newmexico will get dropped pretty quick..Though i will regret the loss of New Hampshire
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:54:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd like to see a revolution between the liberals and conservatives.

We could just pick them off as they protest.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:54:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Those who are still loyal to the Constitution and all that it stands for as well as loyal to the country iteself.

vs.

Those who intentionally want to see it destroyed. aka leftists, etc.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:55:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

but, but.....what if they sue us!! Don't get me started on those angry letters they'll write to us!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:01:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Most Americans don't have the character to undergo real hardship for an idea.

I don't think there will be a Revolution in my time.  Maybe a drastic change in government, but not a revolution.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:02:13 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm not scared crapless of the .gov and I happen to be one of the much maligned JBTs.

Re: race war - more like a class war

No matter what color your skin is, put on the uniform, take a marked squad into any large urban shithole and see what happens.  When I worked for the Chicago Housing Authority, there were areas we simply NEVER ventured into unless we had two squads of officers four deep each.

Later, as a Tac Officer with Chicago PD, it was the same.

Been in many situations where we made a 'tactical withdrawl' and just let them burn shit down because we didn't have the manpower.

Thankfully, the clowns are too busy killing each other to worry about the rest of society.

When/if they ever figure that out, Liberal America is going to be scared shitless.

Sheep
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:02:40 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

but, but.....what if they sue us!! Don't get me started on those angry letters they'll write to us!

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:03:21 AM EDT
[#13]
I believe it will come as follows:

There will be those that will want to get rid of or even destroy the US Constitution.
This will not be a small faction.

Then there will be those who support the Constitution and the Government.  The Constitution will hang by a thread, but it will not fall nor fail.

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:07:33 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I'm not scared crapless of the .gov and I happen to be one of the much maligned JBTs.

Re: race war - more like a class war

No matter what color your skin is, put on the uniform, take a marked squad into any large urban shithole and see what happens.  When I worked for the Chicago Housing Authority, there were areas we simply NEVER ventured into unless we had two squads of officers four deep each.

Later, as a Tac Officer with Chicago PD, it was the same.

Been in many situations where we made a 'tactical withdrawl' and just let them burn shit down because we didn't have the manpower.

Thankfully, the clowns are too busy killing each other to worry about the rest of society.

When/if they ever figure that out, Liberal America is going to be scared shitless.

Sheep

I never see this stuff from my gilded cage(Alaska).  

good point on class war though.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:08:32 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I believe it will come as follows:

There will be those that will want to get rid of or even destroy the US Constitution.
This will not be a small faction.

Then there will be those who support the Constitution and the Government.  The Constitution will hang by a thread, but it will not fall nor fail.

What planet have you been living on?

The constitution has been effectively dead for 140 years.

Why get rid of the constitution when you can just ignore it?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:11:38 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I never see this stuff from my gilded cage(Alaska).  

good point on class war though.  

Pretty spooky out there when you see it from a street grunt's view.  Some of those places make Thrid World Cesspools look glamorous.

Also...clarification on the .gov thing.

I meant that I do not live in fear of my government, but I am also not blind to what it could become, and in some places, already is.

I'm not sure exactly which straw it would be that breaks my back, but when that time comes...it'll get ugly.

Sheep
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:43:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Glocks & AK's against the 1911's & AR's-- it's already started.  I read it right here!

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:50:04 AM EDT
[#18]
It'll be just like the first revolution.  No clearly established front lines but in that respect only.  Other than the expect Memphis to be renamed Fallujah.  It'll all be urban combat.  Smile at ya during the day and pick you off that night type fighting.  Front lines died in ww2
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:29:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Any such war will be the end of this nation as a unified country. I don't even want to think about that.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:36:47 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Most Americans don't have the character to undergo real hardship for an idea.

I don't think there will be a Revolution in my time.  Maybe a drastic change in government, but not a revolution.

I agree.  There hasen't been enough hardship and moral charachter building in the past generations.  Most sheeple are too soft to do anything.  It will take alot more to get the US people to to anything.  

Every 200yrs or so the US has had a Revolution.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:42:14 AM EDT
[#21]

The rift between the right and left in reality involves a tiny percentage of the population with the vast majority of the "great unthinking" not even giving a crap.  

Some say it will be between pro and anti .gov forces, but I think that anti.gov groups are so fractured in their beliefs ranging from far right to far left and every flavor in between that there is not a chance for there to be any sort of anything coming of some sort of organized revolt.  

I think you hit the nail on the head right here..

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:42:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Waited 8 years for that sumbitch Reagan to turn the world into a post-nuclear wasteland - and I was very disappointed.

Clinton (Klinton) never achieved his dream of installing an Ultra-left fascist-PC police state – again my personal arsenal went unused.

I think that now I’m going to have to just chill out and fantasize about something else other than a war out on my front porch.

Up until the point gas hits $5 a gallon that is.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:45:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Based pm the map, looks like the Republic will have the majority of the food and mineral production, and the Democracy will have a bunch of whinning liberals.  Looks win-win to me.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:46:57 AM EDT
[#24]
pussified politicians have allowed invading forces to cross our borders.  they're here right now.  they will take over.

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:49:26 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Yeah, then the shit's on!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:50:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Cowboys and muslims.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:54:40 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Waited 8 years for that sumbitch Reagan to turn the world into a post-nuclear wasteland - and I was very disappointed.

Clinton (Klinton) never achieved his dream of installing an Ultra-left fascist-PC police state – again my personal arsenal went unused.

I think that now I’m going to have to just chill out and fantasize about something else other than a war out on my front porch.

You so funny Doctor Jones!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:55:00 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Those who are still loyal to the Constitution and all that it stands for as well as loyal to the country iteself.

Some on this site are going to be in trouble
if this is the deciding factor.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:58:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Look at the Minority-Majority states to see the battle lines.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:02:53 AM EDT
[#30]
I don't thik there will a defined front.

In the northeast I think it will be between urban and rural cultures.  

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:57:08 AM EDT
[#31]

Have we learned nothing from Iraq and Afghanistan?

Wars do not have "lines" anymore.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:25:20 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Psha, Not if you don't bother to take the time to distinguish combatant from non combatent.  

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:26:52 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

There may not be any physical lines that can be drawn straight across the map and a big red X that deisgnates "Bad Guys there", but in Iraq Afganistan, Nam, Where ever there definate Philisophical, national, political lines.  US VS Commie, US vs Taliban, US vs Saddam's troops/insurgents.  

What's it gonna take for you to take up arms, and against who?  Those "Lines"
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:38:09 PM EDT
[#34]
I for one will not and can not wish for a civil war in my country. For all it's faults it is MY COUNTRY. As a whole we are strong. Divided WE ALL FALL! Why can any od the foil hat wearers here even think a civil war will be a good thing? It's insane.

Oh and by the way, the Constitution is still alive and well here in the US. You just turned your back on it is all.

I am truely ashamed of this kind of talk.

There are plenty of enemies out there to worry about. We need not make new ones especialy here at home. I hate liberals too but Jesus Mary and Joseph guys!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:48:36 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I for one will not and can not wish for a civil war in my country. For all it's faults it is MY COUNTRY. As a whole we are strong. Divided WE ALL FALL! Why can any od the foil hat wearers here even think a civil war will be a good thing? It's insane.

Oh and by the way, the Constitution is still alive and well here in the US. You just turned your back on it is all.

There are plenty of enemies out there to worry about. We need not make new ones especialy here at home. I hate liberals too but Jesus Mary and Joseph guys!

The constitution is alive and well?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:53:37 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Believe it or not, this thread was a little experiment in showing that there isn't going to be a civil war any time soon....Every one who responded responded differently.  A civil war requires some sort of consensus, well at least two differing ones forming.  20 somehting responses, and 20 something differing answers hardly qualifies.

And to top it off, we have the .gov we deserve.  

Even the most ardent gun enthusiast cringes at the though of EVERYONE being able to keep and bear arms, with no limits on what constitutes an arm.

We hate the idea that the .gov is huge and bloated, but frget that it was the .gov growing in size and spending truckloads of $ that brought us out of the depression, and still drives the economy.

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:07:01 PM EDT
[#37]

Funny, all these people putting the Constitution and Government together on one side of a civil war.

The Government is not reliably supportive of the Constitution.  Supporters of the Constitution may not be able to count the Government as an ally.

Jim
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:24:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Where are the lines?

Right here:

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:38:50 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Yes. All you have to do is look at so many other countries out there to know that answer.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:54:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Citizens vs. "ABC" agencies
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:58:49 PM EDT
[#41]
What is a thousand liberals to one conservative.....outnumbered!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:59:46 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes. All you have to do is look at so many other countries out there to know that answer.

What do other countries have to do wih our constitution being alive and well?

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:00:23 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

www.j-bradford-delong.net/movable_type/images2/Red-Blue-map-small.gif

With a lot of behind-the-lines action, too.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:05:12 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
If I dont like the way they look, I shoot.  

Keep it simple

in the above situation, truer words have never been spoken. Keep them at a distance
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:11:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Let me say something, God Bless the Confederacy.

My great great Grandfather was in the Confederate Calvary.
Heritage, not hate.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:13:19 PM EDT
[#46]
I think it will be all the above.  Once violence breaks out on a massive scale and the consequential chaos ensues...every difference between every individual: race, politics, govenment loyalists, religion... all will become an excuse to kill.  Us vs Them in a wholelistic sense.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:17:23 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I think it will be all the above.  Once violence breaks out on a massive scale and the consequential chaos ensues...every difference between every individual: race, politics, govenment loyalists, religion... all will become an excuse to kill.  Us vs Them in a wholelistic sense.

What violence?  What will be the cause of the violence?  IS the tension so high here that one little thing will spark off a national "Kill for fun/revenge/the hell of it" melee?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:19:42 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Damn right!  Let's get the good ones out of the blue states and on RED soil...then let's commence.

HH
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:20:46 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn right!  Let's get the good ones out of the blue states and on RED soil...then let's commence.

HH

And I remember when being "red" was a bad thing.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:24:00 PM EDT
[#50]
YekiMak, I don't know.  There is no way to quantify or label the catalyst.  I am simply saying that once something starts it will escalate so fast because of modern media, it will become out of control real quick.

Just look at what happened yesterday or the day before, I think it was in Richmond, where those people trampled each other for a 40 dollar obsolete laptop.  Sheeple.  When it rains, I think it will pour.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top