Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2005 9:49:00 PM EDT
adding a poll soon (If can)

Supernatural: Vampires.  Zombies.  Werecreatures.

Extra Trestural:  Hostile Aliens bent on humanity's distruction.  Alien tecknology is used to destroy humanity.

Nature:  Humanity becoming lower links of the food chain.  Earth's enviroment changes to the point where human survival becomes increasng more difficult

Humanity:  We do something so stupid that it causes global chaos.  Mass Nucular fallout.

Polotics:  Lawyers get to greedy.  Poloticians get to much power and start weeding out non like minded.

Other:  Please explain.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:49:16 PM EDT
[#1]
ibtp

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:49:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
adding a poll soon

Extra Trestural:  Hostile Aliens bent on humanity's distruction.  Alien tecknology is used to destroy humanity.

Nature:  Humanity becoming lower links of the food chain.  Earth's enviroment changes to the point where human survival becomes increasng more difficult

Humanity:  We do something so stupid that it causes global chaos.  Mass Nucular fallout.

Polotics:  Lawyers get to greedy.  Poloticians get to much power and start weeding out non like minded.

Energy is the next precious commodity.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:50:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:51:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
adding a poll soon

Energy is the next precious commodity.

+1 It will have something to do with a shortage of energy resources, like maybe oil?  Man where is that Peak_Oil?....
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:51:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't think that TEOTAWKI will really be the end of world or humanity. It'll end up being warfare that's gonna make WW2 seem like a small war. It's not just gonna be nation vs. nation either.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:54:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Um, bigass battle in the valley of Armageddon followed by the complete annihlation of the earth.

So, yeah. Supernatural.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:54:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/end.php

-Storm

For those of you who haven't, check that link out, it's worth the 60 seconds that it lasts
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:57:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I think the energy delima falls under humanity.

The examples of it are just things that came to my mind at the time.  

It falls under humanity in my book because humans used up energy to fast that it could be generated or replenished.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:57:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:58:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Amaterasu.

As her brightness increases the Earth will be unable to sustain any animal life forms.

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:59:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Does a giant meteor or comet strike (that would wipe out 99% of species) count as natural or extra-terrestrial?

What the heck, I'll vote both!  
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:00:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Actually it's gonna be zombies! Then most of the survivors will be ARFCOM members. Then the world will really be screwed.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:06:32 PM EDT
[#13]
All of The Above.

Why be choosy.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:12:49 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Actually it's gonna be zombies! Then most of the survivors will be ARFCOM members. Then the world will really be screwed.

If that's going to be true then the World would not be screwed.  The world would be somewhat better.  Everyone would be armed, crime would be controlable and I could have a shot at being president (that could be a down side but who cares right now).

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:15:51 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If that's going to be true then the World would not be screwed.  The world would be somewhat better.  Everyone would be armed, crime would be controlable and I could have a shot at being president (that could be a down side but who cares right now).

Just kidding. If ARFCOMers and their families were in control of society, society wouldn't have the same problems it has now. And the firearm industry would boom. But it definately would be a very different world.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:16:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Nothing in this Universe can stop us except ourselves.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:37:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Judgement day aside, the way it looks right now to me is that our biggest threat is our having passed peak oil and the impending "population bomb", the point at which the world can no longer sustain it's population. Also, a terrorist nuclear strike will make things much worse for us, but it won't be as bad as the other two aforementioned scenarios.

There's bad times a-comin'.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:45:32 PM EDT
[#18]
We already had two EOTWAWKI events last century - WWI & WWII.

We've avoided WWIII but WWIV can't be far behind.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:51:20 PM EDT
[#19]
My vote:

Sheep
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:20:03 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
My vote:

i6.photobucket.com/albums/y218/Shatner556/gzilla51.jpg

Sheep

Me thinks the big guy falls under nature... or man.
It's a cointoss.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:22:33 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Just kidding. If ARFCOMers and their families were in control of society, society wouldn't have the same problems it has now. And the firearm industry would boom. But it definately would be a very different world.

If ARFCOMers were in charge (all of them), I'd start building a rocket-ship in my garage, and move to another planet.

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:24:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Next Arfcom POTD (Poll Of The Day):

What round is best for taking out Godzilla?

Of course, I have to go with:

Nuke From Orbit/Only Way to be Sure.

Sheep
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:26:30 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Sheep

Me thinks a nuke would make him stronger at worse... but a point blank shot may work.

Remember... Nuke energy/radiation was his daddy,

for Godzilla... I would have to say a well placed high velocity 40mm AP grenade to the heart or head
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:30:18 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sheep

Me thinks a nuke would make him stronger at worse... but a point blank shot full power shot may work.

Remember... Nuke energy/radiation was his daddy,

for Godzilla... I would have to say a well placed high velocity 40mm AP grenade to the heart or head

Fixed it for ya.

Sheep
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:45:11 PM EDT
[#25]
9mm hp from a Gluck will take out Godzilla. Just ask any one who owns one! they know! I read it in the handgun forum.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:52:33 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
9mm hp from a Gluck will take out Godzilla. Just ask any one who owns one! they know! I read it in the handgun forum.

Obviously none of them are professional enough.  You'd have to use a Glock Fo-tee.

Sheep
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:53:28 PM EDT
[#27]
I think it gonna be a war started by religious differences that has already reared it's ugly head over in the Religious forum right here on ARFcom! Just remember folks, you saw it here first!!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:56:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Asteroid / comet impact .

Same as the last time
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:00:36 AM EDT
[#29]
I can't stand those poloticians.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top