Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2005 9:46:19 PM EDT
My old dog died today.  He was 14.  He curled into a ball on his bed and went to sleep.  I guess its rather peaceful.  I buried him on the ranch on a hill.  Saw 2 nice bucks about 200 yards away, which I think is befitting my old man.

His name was Ch. Tabor's Foxglove Endeavor but we called him Trevor.  RIP old guy.  

This is a picture of Trev taken last spring.

Here he is was a puppy.

He was a great dog.  Patty
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:47:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Too bad they get old so fast.

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:47:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:51:40 PM EDT
[#3]
yes, that's true.  I'm just glad he went as a gentleman.  

here he was on point.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:53:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:59:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

www.awesomewebmaster.com/foxtrevor.jpg

here he was on point.

I think going to sleep in his bed is about as good as it gets.

My old dog, Scruffy, a Gordon Setter mix, also 14 years old was sick and sore, so we had a vet come to the house and Scruffy went to "sleep" laying in his favorite spot.

Now I look at my still energetic 10 year old Britany and wonder how much longer he has.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:02:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

here he was on point.

My old dog, Scruffy, a Gordon Setter mix, also 14 years old was sick and sore, so we had a vet come to the house and Scruffy went to "sleep" laying in his favorite spot.

Now I look at my still energetic 10 year old Britany and wonder how much longer he has.

Just enjoy him.  Dont worry about the time.  Patty
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:04:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I could only hope to check out as peacefully....

My condolences.

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:07:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Thank you gentlemen.  Im hitting the sack now.  One whiskey was plenty.  Patty
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:10:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

here he was on point.

Just enjoy him.  Dont worry about the time.  Patty

Best advice I've received lately.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:01:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Sorry to hear about your loss.  It's hard to lose a good friend.  You are right - live each day the best you can, enjoy the time you have - each day is a gift.  May you be well, happy, and at peace.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:03:59 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Sorry to hear about your loss.  It's hard to lose a good friend.  You are right - live each day the best you can, enjoy the time you have - each day is a gift.  May you be well, happy, and at peace.

Thank you.  May you too.  Patty
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:05:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Condolences on the loss of your buddy.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:06:24 AM EDT
[#13]
You will see him again at the Rainbow Bridge!!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:07:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Sorry for your loss.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top