Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/16/2005 9:31:14 PM EDT
We really NEED to start telling him how to run his country, since he doesn't believe in sovereignty

Mexico's Fox protests as second US state closes border
Aug 16, 2005
206.190.35.122/s/afp/20050816/ts_alt_afp/usmexicoborder_050816232621
PHOENIX, United States (AFP) - Arizona ignored pleas for greater cooperation from Mexican President     Vicente Fox to become the second US state to declare a state of emergency on its border due to rising illegal immigration, violence and smuggling.

Four days after New Mexico declared a 90 day state of emergency for border areas, Arizona did the same for its four counties on the Mexican frontier, citing uncontrolled illegal immigration.

"The federal government has to secure our border, and the health and safety of all Arizonans is threatened daily by violent gangs, coyotes (human traffickers) and other dangerous criminals," said Arizona governor Janet Napolitano in a statement.

"I intend to take every action feasible to stem the tide of criminal behavior on the Arizona side of the border," she said.

Napolitano explained her decision based on statistics showing that illegal crossings on US borders are as high as three million every year, and that as many as 700,000 new unauthorized immigrants entered the country last year, many through Arizona.

On Friday, New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson issued the state of emergency along his state's border with Mexico, citing "recent developments ... including violence directed at law enforcement, damage to property and livestock, increased evidence of drug smuggling and an increase in the number of undocumented immigrants."

The moves followed the week-long closure at the beginning of August of the US consulate in Nuevo Laredo, on the border with Texas, following a rise in lethal gang violence in that Mexican city.

The state of emergency declarations for the two states' border areas opened the way for the two governors to tap into emergency funds to expand border control operations.

Napolitano said Arizona would be earmarking 1.5 million dollars in emergency funds "to combat the growing devastation caused by the crimes associated with illegal immigration."

Mexican President Fox responded Tuesday to the moves by the two US governors with calls for greater cooperation over border problems.

He exhorted the United States to coordinate with Mexico to resolve border problems.

"Instead of pointing fingers, let's have proposals; instead of each side working by itself, let's work together; only like this will we be able to win," Fox said.

"There are criminal organizations on both that side (of the border) and this side; there are drug users on that side and this side," he said.

Sean McCormack, spokesman for the US State Department, said Tuesday that the US government is working alongside the Mexican government to protect the border.

McCormack said in regard to Richardson's decision that, as the governor of New Mexico, he has the responsibility to protect his state citizens in the manner he sees apprpriate.

Mexican agencies continued to stress the need to cooperate on border problems. On Monday, Jose Reyes Baena, the governor of the northern Mexican state of Chihuahua, met with Texas authorities to discuss border security, especially the problem of drug trafficking, which has resulted in some 550 deaths along the border so far this year.

The Mexican foreign and interior ministries also said Tuesday in a joint statement that they were contacting Napolitano to discuss the new measures.

"We will watch to see that any action by police organizations remains respectful of the rights of our compatriots and respect domestic and international laws," the statement said.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:33:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Fuck Fox and the horse he rode in on. With a cactus-and-razor-wire dildo.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:33:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The Mexican foreign and interior ministries also said Tuesday in a joint statement that they were contacting Napolitano to discuss the new measures.

"We will watch to see that any action by police organizations remains respectful of the rights of our compatriots and respect domestic and international laws," the statement said.

How about starting by respecting US immigration law, you hypocrite pole smokers.

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:34:53 PM EDT
[#3]
F MEXICO.

And never trust a people that make a staple of their diet re-fried beans...  Why the hell would anyone eat it if the f'd it up the first time?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:37:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Hey motherfucker, the rights of your "compatriots" end when they leave your nation and cross illegally into our's. If they want their rights protected, tell them to stay in THEIR OWN FUCKING COUNTRY! And if you don't like it, why don't you do something about it. Prick.

My gosh, these people piss me off. They think their people can trampel all over our laws and we should just allow it with nothing said. It's time somneone tells these people to go get fuct.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:37:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Screw Fox, how about taking that town back from the drug gangs Mr Fox, send the Mexican army in....oh..I forgot...the army is in there, protecting the gangs....
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:39:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Fuck Fox and the horse he rode in on. With a cactus-and-razor-wire dildo.

I'm going to have to 2nd this
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:40:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Trust a corrupt government that is protecting the very criminals whom the two states have declared a state of emergency to combat? i think he's been doing too much of his country's top industry's products.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:40:34 PM EDT
[#8]
HAHA!

Pw3ned.

New Mexico
Arizone

Only ones left are
California
Texas
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:40:48 PM EDT
[#9]
All in favor of invading Mexico, bitch-slapping Fox on tv, and mining the borders after looting the country of everything of value, raise your hand.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:42:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
All in favor of invading Mexico, bitch-slapping Fox on tv, and mining the borders after looting the country of everything of value, raise your hand.

Looting everything of value? All mexico is is sand!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:44:23 PM EDT
[#11]
I wonder if any of this increased violence is Al Qaeda related? Could they be staging for a serious attack here and killing witnesses and those who helped them across?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:44:44 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

+1, Except for the looting part.....I cant think of a damn thing Mexico has that I would want.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:45:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Except for the looting part........instead, lets return the 20frigginmillionillegalaliensocialserviceleeches back to them  
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:45:24 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
F MEXICO.

And never trust a people that make a staple of their diet re-fried beans...  Why the hell would anyone eat it if the f'd it up the first time?

C'mon now that's just racist.  Let's keep those of us descended from Mexico out of this.
Besides, refried beans are good, you hick motherfucker.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:45:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:46:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:47:50 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

How much do you think that would be worth?  $29.95?

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:50:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Citing Violence, 2 Border States Declare a Crisis
RALPH BLUMENTHAL
August 17, 2005
www.nytimes.com/2005/08/17/national/17border.html?oref=login
DEMING, N.M., Aug. 16 - Citing a surge of smuggling and violence along the border, the governors of Arizona and New Mexico have issued state of emergency declarations in recent days, faulting the American and Mexican authorities and freeing up federal and state money to strengthen local law enforcement efforts.

Top, Ron Edmonds/Associated Press; bottom, Charlie Neibergall/Associated Press
Gov. Janet Napolitano of Arizona and Gov. Bill Richardson of New Mexico say the federal authorities are failing at border security.
"Both federal governments let us down - there doesn't seem to be any sense of urgency," Gov. Janet Napolitano of Arizona, a Democrat seeking re-election next year, said in a telephone interview Tuesday, a day after declaring a state of emergency in four border counties. Ms. Napolitano said that "ranchers are at their wits' end" with smuggled immigrants who damage their property and livestock.

Gov. Bill Richardson of New Mexico, a Democrat who is also seeking re-election and who may make a bid for the White House in 2008, issued an emergency declaration on Friday, after touring this turbulent border region where a police chief reported being shot at last week.

"This is an act of desperation," Mr. Richardson said in a separate phone interview, adding that border problems had gone beyond illegal immigration to violent crime. He said the action would provide resources "until Congress and the feds deal with this issue," but added, "it is not a political move - I never mentioned the Bush administration."

The actions by the two states followed a series of violent episodes, including the killing of a New Mexico woman who was shot in the head by a Mexican police officer outside Ciudad Juárez on July 30 and the crash of a Hummer, which was trying to outrun Border Patrol agents, that killed four illegal immigrants in March. Chief Clare May of the three-member police department in Columbus, N.M., said that on Aug. 9, two bullets whizzed over his head while he was checking out abandoned cars.

Arizona remains the busiest illegal gateway along the Southwest border, and scores of illegal immigrants are found dead of exposure in its deserts each year.

The two governors said their actions would make available $1.75 million in New Mexico and $1.5 million in Arizona for extra sheriff's deputies and other officers, and for overtime costs and more equipment. No federal approval is required.

Luis Barker, deputy chief of the Border Patrol, interviewed by phone during a visit to El Paso on Tuesday, said of the states' actions, "I don't think it should be taken as criticism." Mr. Barker said that federal agents were working closely with their state counterparts and that arrests were down in Arizona, signifying successes. "If there is coordination," he said, "I would think it would be very helpful."

In Mexico on Tuesday, President Vicente Fox, visiting the state of Sonora across the border from Arizona, urged United States officials to do more than sound alarms about the crime plaguing both sides of the border and to work with Mexican authorities on solutions. Mr. Fox called the crime problem a "shared responsibility for both governments."

"Instead of each of us working on our own sides," he said, "we must work together. That's the only way to win."

"There is organized crime here," Mr. Fox said, "and there is organized crime there. On this side and that side, there is drug consumption. The only solution is to work together."

Gerónimo Gutiérrez, an under secretary in the Foreign Ministry, was meeting with Bush administration officials in Washington and reiterating Mexico's commitment to a "safe and prosperous border."

"There's a real perception in the United States about internal security," Mr. Gutiérrez said. "But people here are also underestimating what both federal governments are doing to fight crime on the border.

Mr. Richardson said that he was "acting out of frustration" but that his emergency declaration should not be taken as criticism of the Border Patrol. "I'm criticizing the entire federal structure on immigration," he said. "The Border Patrol is doing a good job."

Mr. Barker, of the Border Patrol, said the agency, part of the Department of Homeland Security, had added 305 agents since last October to its 12 stations from West Texas and El Paso to the Arizona border, bringing the force there to 1,226. "It's a work in progress," he said.

Allen Weh, chairman of the New Mexico Republican Party, said in a telephone interview on Tuesday that the party commended Mr. Richardson "for coming around to the concerns we've had for a long time."

But Mr. Weh, a retired colonel who served in Iraq and Vietnam, said, "Of course there's political motives in the governor's actions." He said Mr. Richardson was concerned with trying to hold onto his traditional Democratic base "and position himself in the center."

Mr. Richardson said he was motivated solely by concerns for public safety. He said he was not worried about alienating Hispanics, one of his prime constituencies. "I have the most migrant-friendly state," he said, citing a policy of issuing driver's licenses without regard to immigration status.

As for an eye on the White House, he said: "I am running for re-election as governor of New Mexico. I have enough problems."

In Arizona, Republicans also suggested that Ms. Napolitano's motives might be political.

"The governor clearly is very good at reading polls," State Representative Russell Pearce said, according to The Arizona Republic. "It's a start, but much more has to be done."

In July, Ms. Napolitano organized a meeting of about 100 law enforcement supervisors to discuss border smuggling and violence. Last week she wrote to Michael Chertoff, the homeland security secretary, saying she was "increasingly disappointed by red tape" at the department.

Ms. Napolitano said she had seen no improvement in border security. "I will do anything I have to to get Washington's attention to this matter," she said.

In Texas, Gov. Rick Perry, a Republican running for re-election next year, was not currently considering a state of emergency, said a spokesman, Robert Black. "The governor has said that we'll continue to make the case that there can be no homeland security without border security, and the federal government needs to make a greater commitment both in resources and manpower along the Texas-Mexico border."

But Mr. Black said nothing had been ruled out.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:52:32 PM EDT
[#19]
The only kind of coordination he wants is the kind where we send him dollars and he doesn't do shit.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:55:53 PM EDT
[#20]

Mexican agencies continued to stress the need to cooperate on border problems.

You can take your "cooperation" and shove up your ass... SIDEWAYS.

There can be NO reason that that you want to maintain the status quo except it provides an escape route for your "undesirables" and your country benefits financially from the BILLIONS of dollars that your CRIMINALS return to Mexico (both drug money and profits from your swarms of illegal invaders).

You want to "cooperate", fine.  Let's start with this.  WE DECIDE WHO WE ALLOW INTO THIS NATION AND UNDER WHAT CIRCUMSTANCES THEY ARE ALLOWED TO ENTER... just like you do on your borders.  If you don't like it, see above.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:56:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Well shit TX needs to be next.  What with all the fucking RPG attacks and shit going on in Nuevo Laredo, we needed to be the 1ST to do it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:00:55 PM EDT
[#22]

"Instead of pointing fingers, let's have proposals; instead of each side working by itself, let's work together; only like this will we be able to win," Fox said.

That sounds like a winning plan. Perhaps a committe should be established to set up a structure capable of creating a process to review proposals that will look at various initiatives in implementing guideines capable of meeting a set of functions to address this problem.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:02:09 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Well shit TX needs to be next.  What with all the fucking RPG attacks and shit going on in Nuevo Laredo, we needed to be the 1ST to do it.

PRK needs to step up as well.  Yeah, I'm not holding my breath but Arnold came out in support of the Minutemen, would welcome them on our border and doesn't seem to have much of a problem telling Democrats to (politely) FOAD.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:02:16 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
F MEXICO.

C'mon now that's just racist.  Let's keep those of us descended from Mexico out of this.

Still didn't tell me why you had to fry 'em twice....
You never hear of twice-grilled steaks or re-boiled dumplings do you?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:05:01 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

That sounds like a winning plan. Perhaps a committe should be established to set up a structure capable of creating a process to review proposals that will look at various initiatives in implementing guideines capable of meeting a set of functions to address this problem.

www.fatalexception.org/action_item.html (totally safe for everyone)
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:07:24 PM EDT
[#26]
FUCK FOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  AND ALL THOSE ILLEGAL MOTHER FUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry, but I am tired of the alien problem.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:07:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Go New Mexico!

Go Arizona!

FU Fox!

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:11:15 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1, Except for the looting part.....I cant think of a damn thing Mexico has that I would want.

Lots of Agaves?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:12:10 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
F MEXICO.

Its so you can throw a quart of lard in and mash the cooked beans down into a paste.........
A white chick was telling me about her famous pork chops that she cooked and then boiled
Don't get too close to anyone that has been eating beans for breakfast, lunch and dinner
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:14:43 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
F MEXICO.

Its so you can throw a quart of lard in and mash the cooked beans down into a paste.........
A white chick was telling me about her famous pork chops that she cooked and then boiled
Don't get too close to anyone that has been eating beans for breakfast, lunch and dinner

Seriously.
But man, have you ever TRIED leftover pinto beans?  They are teh suck.  Hence, refried beans!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:22:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:30:04 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
F MEXICO.

Seriously.
But man, have you ever TRIED leftover pinto beans?  They are teh suck.  Hence, refried beans!

I used to make them with lots of garlic and onion, leftovers were fine, as far as the hijack goes..............

Mr. Richardson said he was motivated solely by concerns for public safety. He said he was not worried about alienating Hispanics, one of his prime constituencies. "I have the most migrant-friendly state," he said, citing a policy of issuing driver's licenses without regard to immigration status.

This flocktard says that he gives licenses to illegals like it is a good thing...............
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:39:24 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
FUCK FOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  AND ALL THOSE ILLEGAL MOTHER FUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

You liberal asswipe.  You're just a pawn of the America haters.  GB had to give the illegals the guest worker act to protect American business interests and secure a hispanic GOP base.  You libs sicken me.  Go back to DU.  You big ass troll.  You're not welcome here.

[rife with sarcasm]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:46:52 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You liberal asswipe.  You're just a pawn of the America haters.  GB had to give the illegals the guest worker act to protect American business interests and secure a hispanic GOP base.  You libs sicken me.  Go back to DU.  You big ass troll.  You're not welcome here.

[rife with sarcasm]

rife with something.........smells like beans in here
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:48:29 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
HAHA!

Pw3ned.

New Mexico
Arizone

Only ones left are
California...

The Closest we come in California to being tough on illegal immigration is impounding their cars when they drive without a license, and One-Bill-Gil wants to end that.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:55:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Tag for when I am not so pissed off.

Fuc%#*& piece of S^%# FOX!

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:10:48 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:16:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Screw you Fox. I so pissed off about this whole fucking situation anyway and this SOB tells us how to run this country.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:21:52 PM EDT
[#39]
the only thing worth looting was stolen from the US
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:28:34 PM EDT
[#40]
A few pellets of Cobalt 60 sprinkeld along the border will ASSURE no one crosses..or gets near!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:31:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Hey Vincente,
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:31:43 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Screw you Fox. I so pissed off about this whole fucking situation anyway and this SOB tells us how to run this country.

If he could run his own country worth a damn, we wouldn't be supporting all his citizens with our social services
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:32:50 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Hey Vincente,

Lose the porn.........
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:37:23 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey Vincente,

Lose the porn.........

Ok fixed it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:38:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Give me a "T"

Give me an "O"

Give me an "N"

Give me a 3-cell flashlight and a noggin!!!!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:38:49 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey Vincente,

Lose the porn.........

Ok fixed it.

much better, heh
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:41:17 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Give me a "T"

Give me an "O"

Give me an "N"

Give me a 3-cell flashlight and a noggin!!!!

if you put it that way
I still don't get it but, IBTL
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:47:15 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Selma Hayek....Oh wait....we already got her.

Carry on.

Sheep
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:58:22 PM EDT
[#49]
All we need now is Texas and the People's Republic of California to follow suit. Next we should build a big wall that's constantly manned. Then we should start deportations. Those illegals should learn to use legal means to enter the country.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:19:41 AM EDT
[#50]
when is TEXAS gonna follow suit
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top