Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2005 4:53:33 PM EDT
Aside from having to give address and other personal info. which is a potential clusterf*&k when on the interweb?

I must have over 500 books that I'm sure alot of ya'll would enjoy reading, and I've enjoyed the threads here pertaining to book reviews and the personal booklist's of some of you.

Is this something that would interest anyone here?

For example, if you're looking for a certain book and don't want to wade through the Clinton/Moore memoirs at Barnes & Noble, and don't want to pay the 25-30 bucks for a new release hardback....you just ask if anyone has it....if you do, find out if the other guys got something you want to read. I know trust is a big issue and I consider this forum to lean more on the mature side. I don't think it would be that big of a problem because we could all watch over each other. If somebody didn't send the book back , we all know what would be said about them here and nobody would ever deal with them again.

Another example;  I've been waiting on the price to come down for that sniper book called "Shooter"
it's been on the shelf now for several months now and it's still 25 bucks. I'm sure someone here has "bit the bullet" and bought it, just like I've done in the past with other books.

Could this ever get off the ground from an internet forum? Pipe dream?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:58:25 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Another example;  I've been waiting on the price to come down for that sniper book called "Shooter"
it's been on the shelf now for several months now and it's still 25 bucks. I'm sure someone here has "bit the bullet" and bought it, just like I've done in the past with other books.

I just got back from buying that book, along with a couple others.  I'd be interested in doing this, but it takes me forever to read an entire book.  I usually don't sit long enough to read more than 15-20 pages at a time.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:14:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd be interested , SLOW READER, also but I figure if we got enough people and were circulating enough books it would still work out.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:54:15 AM EDT
[#3]
i sent out unintended consequences to the first poster that claimed it and he promised to pass it on to other members. seems to work ok and i only had one name and address (which i deleted as soon as i sent it out).
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:35:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess it's kind of a shitty idea huh?  Anyhow, I'd still like to read "Shooter" if anyone has it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:37:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I think it is a great idea.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top