Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/16/2005 3:58:48 PM EDT
Here is mine.

20 foot tall 24 inch thick Concrete wall.

With broken glass jutting out of the sides of it.  So that you can't climb the wall.  

I would have Electrical wires running up and down the the sides of it horizontaly.

About 15 feet on the mexican side of the wall I will dig a pit 4 feet deep by 6 feet wide.  

About  10 feet away I would concrete Spike strips into the ground.  I figure that if they make it over the pit in their truck that the spike strips in the ground should blow tires and severly slow things down it makes it a little harder to ram my wall if you can't get any traction to the ground.  
Snipers would be stations every 500 yards, and they will have orders to fire at anyone who touches the mexican side of the wall.  Unless they are specifically allowed to make any repairs neccessary.

So what do you guys think how would you improve this design I am no engineer but I am at work and bored.

The last defense to my wall are motion dectectors that automatically trigger a permenant marking system so if somehow you do manage to make it across my border we will instantly be able to tell that you are here illegally, and it is open season on people who are here illegally.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:03:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Just issue anyone within 50 miles of the border a .308 with night optics and put a $50 bounty on their heads.  You could even have drawings for "border hunts".  I would be willing to bet you wouldn't pay out over $500/year.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:07:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Fast moving wall of small pieces of lead.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:07:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Forget a wall. Dig a trench about 20 feet wide and 10 feet deep.  Fill with water or whatever electrolyte is available.  Once swimmers are detected and located, juice is applied.  Cheaper then a wall and more effective.  What they need are several hundred Grabboids.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:08:24 PM EDT
[#4]
mines.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:09:38 PM EDT
[#5]
The UN already has that ALL figured out. Be ready.

AB
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:10:03 PM EDT
[#6]
No wall or barrier will be secure unless it is patrolled.

How many times have tunnels under the border between Mexico and the US been discovered?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:10:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Did you forget that we have 2 borders?????  What about the Canadians??
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:11:08 PM EDT
[#8]
nuclear landmines.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:11:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Give the canucks some beer and they will go away, eh.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:12:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Ever see jurassic park ?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:13:18 PM EDT
[#11]
The Marines in gitmo and the soldiers in Korea would know what to do.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:14:08 PM EDT
[#12]
A hundred yard thick wall of razor wire, guard towers every mile. Patrols between towers 24hrs a day.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:15:29 PM EDT
[#13]
korean DMZ like zone would work

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:15:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Again?  I already solved that problem.

Post signs explaining border invaders will be shot.  Post watch towers every 1000 meters with snipers.  anyone attempting a daylight crossing will be withen range of two snipers.  Conduct all NG and Reverve annual 2 week training on the border, with live ammo.  Let them practise ambushes and such on the invaders.  All NG and Reserve air assets would also train on the border with live ordnance.

Reassign border patrol agents to interior sweeps, arresting and deporting illegals wherever they are found.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:18:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Just turn the border into a huge ordinance testing zone.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:19:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Electronically monitored fence with Metal Storm Batteries evenly spaced ever 1/2 mile radii.
Backed up w/ armed 24 hour UAV's.  This in addition to an additional 100,000 border guards with shoot to kill orders on both North (Canadia) and South (Mexican) borders.

Yeah I konw it sounds kinda Terminatorish but it would shuddup alot garbage around here and open the place up for other conversation.  Plus it would allow our ER's to continue normal op's without billions in the red
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:19:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Surplus Mk. 15 Phalanx CIWS mounted every 500-1000 yds with multiple bands of AP & AT mines.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:19:52 PM EDT
[#18]
frickin' laser beams man
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:21:56 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Here is mine.

20 foot tall 24 inch thick Concrete wall.

With broken glass jutting out of the sides of it.  So that you can't climb the wall.  

I would have Electrical wires running up and down the the sides of it horizontaly.

About 15 feet on the mexican side of the wall I will dig a pit 4 feet deep by 6 feet wide.  

About  10 feet away I would concrete Spike strips into the ground.  I figure that if they make it over the pit in their truck that the spike strips in the ground should blow tires and severly slow things down it makes it a little harder to ram my wall if you can't get any traction to the ground.  
Snipers would be stations every 500 yards, and they will have orders to fire at anyone who touches the mexican side of the wall.  Unless they are specifically allowed to make any repairs neccessary.

So what do you guys think how would you improve this design I am no engineer but I am at work and bored.

The last defense to my wall are motion dectectors that automatically trigger a permenant marking system so if somehow you do manage to make it across my border we will instantly be able to tell that you are here illegally, and it is open season on people who are here illegally.

Add a little foogas.

Another little gem... take a 55 gal drum filled with foogas (or just a few pounds of C-4), and place a few rolls of concertina wire around it. Command detonate it and let th dogs eat the scraps of meat (if there's even any scraps to be found).
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:24:06 PM EDT
[#20]
ANYTHING would be better than the joke of a border we have now!!!

Id say something along the lines of a mile wide no-mans-land. Huge wall on both sides. Lots of 'bouncin bettys' in between them. Elevated guard towers every 500-1000 yds with lots of video cameras and motion detectors.

Make it such a deterent to illegals that it would be suicidal to cross.......or tunnel under for that fact. Make them want to solve their own domestic problems at home instead of looking for the quick way out.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:26:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Give the various volunteer organizations permission to shoot illegal border crossers.

Leave the bodies where they fall as warnings.

Eventually, they'll get the message.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:33:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Tell, SgtAR15 that the Mexicans crossing the border are really cats and he has permission to shoot as many of them as possible.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:37:27 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Give the various volunteer organizations permission to shoot illegal border crossers.

Leave the bodies where they fall as warnings.

Eventually, they'll get the message.

Sounds like a plan to me.. where do I sign up??

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:40:34 PM EDT
[#24]
1. Get rid of the corrupt Mexican government.

2. Develop Mexican economy so that people have decent jobs and lives.

3. Repeat as needed.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:43:04 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

3. Repeat as needed.

Uhoh, someone whom doesn't want to mass murder mexicans [personal attack removed - Paul]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:45:21 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

3. Repeat as needed.

That's our job, huh?

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:46:46 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

3. Repeat as needed.

That's our job, huh?

We'd have had more success and security in our country doing that rather than mucking with Iraq.

Flame away!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:47:09 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

3. Repeat as needed.

1- Build wall, guard and defend same.

2- Encourage the Mexicans to revolt on their own govt and create a viable economy.  why must we do it for them ?

3- see step one and add live fire training for our own military.

4- repeat as needed.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:48:25 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

3. Repeat as needed.

That's our job, huh?

We'd have had more success and security in our country doing that rather than mucking with Iraq.

Flame away!

Not worth a reply, if you really feel that way, you don't get it & never will.

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:48:50 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I wish they would instead of coming here.

They already have half our jobs that were sent there.

3. Repeat as needed.

I wish.

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:55:36 PM EDT
[#31]
1-Keep doing what we're doing with civilian border patrols

2-More border agents

3-Allow local police to send illegal immigrants who are criminals to INS deportation centers.  This could also be used as leverage to get drug dealers to snitch on other drug dealers.  (Tell me where they are or I'll send you to the deportation center!)

4-Agressively prosecute employers who hire illegal immigrants.  Send them to JAIL in addition to heavy fines.  Pay rewards to whistleblowers as an incentive.

Building a wall or fence is just not going to happen.  Sniper towers won't ever happen, either.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:56:55 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

3. Repeat as needed.

+ Build a nice huge wall with patrols on it to slow the flow till the Mexican Govt gets their head out of their ass.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:11:37 PM EDT
[#33]

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:22:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Take some ARMY Combat Engineers instead of them doing all of their training on posts give them their supplies ect out there, give them a field commander let them train there and leave their obstacales in place.

30 feet deep by 40 feet wide dry trench, on bothsides of that 30 foot high wire fence, 2 rows, with razor wire on top.

use terrain to our advantage, use turning type obstacles to direct their movment, i.e. Tripple strand Concerteina Wire, Log Cribs ect.  

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:34:04 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

3. Repeat as needed.

That's our job, huh?

Flame away!

Well, when a bunch of Mexican Catholics fly planes into our buildings we'll talk until then you are simply talking out of your ass.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:38:41 PM EDT
[#36]
2 walls 1 mile apart, if you get caught crossing you get to work at the factory that makes the fence for one year you may leave in one year or if your family pays $10,000$, you are then sent back to Mexico in a flight that lands at Mexico city.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:50:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Vending machines or stands that sell beer, ammo, and pork rinds.

Clear a firing lane for several hundred yards on the south end of our country.

Mount pylons (we've seen the "call boxes" posted somewhere here) at the southern edge of the cleared area with signs and tape recorded messages that announce in spanish and english : IF YOU PROCEED PAST THIS POINT YOU WILL BE SHOT AND DIE.

Decriminalize "murder / manslaughter" for illegal crossers in the border area in question.

Turn the texans loose on 'em.

Eventually they'll understand.

Combine this with vigorous enforcement of immigration laws?

There goes the problem.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:55:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:56:48 PM EDT
[#39]
How about that internet hunting thing. Turret mounted .50's with night capabilities,computer aiming. Set these in towers all along the border, spread at about 800 meters apart.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:56:54 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

3. Repeat as needed.

That's our job, huh?

Flame away!

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=28517

Well, when a bunch of Mexican Catholics fly planes into our buildings we'll talk until then you are simply talking out of your ass.

Oh, the guys that flew into our buildings were Iraqi?  Thats news to me.

The people running drugs for M-13 ARE Mexican, thats for sure.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:03:28 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

2-More border agents

3-Allow local police to send illegal immigrants who are criminals to INS deportation centers.  This could also be used as leverage to get drug dealers to snitch on other drug dealers.  (Tell me where they are or I'll send you to the deportation center!)

4-Agressively prosecute employers who hire illegal immigrants.  Send them to JAIL in addition to heavy fines.  Pay rewards to whistleblowers as an incentive.

Building a wall or fence is just not going to happen.  Sniper towers won't ever happen, either.  

+1 Best idea so far
As long as this is their promised land, they will figure out a way over. This won't stop until WE decide as a nation to stop putting up with it.

I think fixing Mexico is a better idea than gunning down a bunch of people who are looking for a better life. Tell me you wouldn't be trying to get your ass over the border if you were a Mexican (or Canadian)

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:04:49 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

2-More border agents

+1 Best idea so far
As long as this is their promised land, they will figure out a way over. This won't stop until WE decide as a nation to stop putting up with it.

I think fixing Mexico is a better idea than gunning down a bunch of people who are looking for a better life. Tell me you wouldn't be trying to get your ass over the border if you were a Mexican (or Canadian)

Yeah, they would - but that would be ok because they aren't dirty Mexicans.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:06:28 PM EDT
[#43]
10 AH-1A Cobra Gunships running the borders at all times.  Every time they come across an individual and request orders from command there will be a recording that plays into their head sets:  "Hmmmm looks hostile,  Light em up!"
http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/23/ah16tl.th.jpg

http://img335.imageshack.us/img335/7162/aliens3nj.th.jpg

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:17:39 PM EDT
[#44]
This will work. more realistic than internet turrets and such...

hard time and/or total confiscation of personal assets for employers who hire illegal aliens. make it like drug dealers. mandatory sentencing. federal time.

a national id card with bio-id.

alien gets into this country illegally, has no ID, there is NO work. whattayagonnado?

no one gets paid without an id.

anyone who pays someone without an id does hard time.

institute a guest worker program. they getz ids. they getz taxed. they MUST go home sometime. any child born in the US to non-citizens does not become naturlized. workers limited to the number of non-work-non-worker-id family that he/she may bring in. limit their stay to less than the guest worker....

refine this a bit. do away with folding money. all currency is electronic, tied to id. you can barter and trade and gift but any monetary transaction is tracked.

BTW some version of all of the above WILL happen eventually....

unless some sort of flu, asteroid or aliens or armageddon comes first...
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:24:47 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

hard time and/or total confiscation of personal assets for employers who hire illegal aliens. make it like drug dealers. mandatory sentencing. federal time.

alien gets into this country illegally, has no ID, there is NO work. whattayagonnado?

institute a guest worker program. they getz ids. they getz taxed. they MUST go home sometime. any child born in the US to non-citizens does not become naturlized. workers limited to the number of non-work-non-worker-id family that he/she may bring in. limit their stay to less than the guest worker....

refine this a bit. do away with folding money. all currency is electronic, tied to id. you can barter and trade and gift but any monetary transaction is tracked.

For some reason I thought you would say a "stone wall"

Oh and +1 what you just described is the only wall that would work.
Because where there is a wall there is a will to cross it and a way.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:26:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Cobalt 60.  Fuck them.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:32:57 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

2-More border agents

+1 Best idea so far

I never said anything about fixing Mexico.  That's their job to do.  As far as I'm concerned, I don't care if everyone in Mexico gets AIDS and dies, as long as it happens on their side of the border.

All I'm saying is that we will never realistically see a great wall, sniper towers, machine gun nests, or civilian hit squads at or near the border.  Not gonna happen in 2005.  

People seem to take only one side of the "punish the employers" vs. "deport them all" debate.  I say we should do both at the same time.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:37:34 PM EDT
[#48]
69 ft concrete high wall covered with electrical razor wire with 30 ft concrete underground.  On top of the wall seismicly activated miniguns, MK 19s and flamethrowers.

I think that would do the trick.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:40:31 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Godamn national ID cards, as though we're not surveillanced enough.

Sweet.  Another excuse for more liberty removal.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:50:53 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Godamn national ID cards, as though we're not surveillanced enough.

Sweet.  Another excuse for more liberty removal.

it IS INEVITABLE. like survellance cameras. with aritificial intelligence to track ID against both crme and terror. as technology becomes more and more powerful its potential for destruction in the wrong hands grows.. think about plutonium in the hands of a terrorist (just the powder or whatever it is that would be enough if put into a conventional bomb to do tremendous damage). or a basic fuel or proprane truck driven into your local midle school or big church on sunday.

the only counter to this stuff is technology. it IS coming. it will be everywhere (except probalby the interior of your home .. unless you want it there too). it will be a challenge to preserve a certain quality of life (i not sure freedom is the right word here). instead of thinking about it ending your freedom think about it ending the ability of some child molester to pick up your kid or for some islamic madman to drive a tanker into your kids kindegarten class or sunday school.

try to think outside the box before someone puts you there or in a box in the ground...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top