Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2005 2:54:50 PM EDT
There was a ticket counter with a sign that read "INDIAN MOVIE TICKETS SALES ONLY"

There must have been 100 eastern Indians standing in line to buy tickets. I haven't seen such vibrant
colored clothing since Boy George was on Saturday Night Live. The smell was peculiar as well.

You should have seen the look on some of the bubbas faces standing in the white folks line.

Marquee Theater in north Irving (Dallas suburb) Bollywood baby!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:56:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Wel at least you didn't have to worry about them strapping a bomb on.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:59:40 PM EDT
[#2]
<Wonders why they were segregated into a separate line>

I work in the IT world and the vast majority of the people I work with are East Indian.  I get along with the vast majority of them quite well.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:15:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Second-largest movie industry in the world's in India.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:15:30 PM EDT
[#4]
A couple of times a year, on of the small movie theaters in my area has an Indian film festival.

From what I understand, the Indian movie industry cranks out films at an incredible rate.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:20:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
There was a ticket counter with a sign that read "INDIAN MOVIE TICKETS SALES ONLY"

There must have been 100 eastern Indians standing in line to buy tickets. I haven't seen such vibrant
colored clothing since Boy George was on Saturday Night Live. The smell was peculiar as well.

You should have seen the look on some of the bubbas faces standing in the white folks line.

You should have gotten into that line.  Raised holy hell if you were discriminated against.  I wonder if the ACLU would  take up your cause?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:22:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

But equal.  

They were probably there to see a movie in other than english and the theater anticipated the draw to be enough to necessitate an extra line.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:26:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Did the sign maybe mean that line was for ANYBODY going to see the Indian movies........and not a line for INDIAN people?

Just my take on it.......but I wasn't there so what do I know?? h.gif
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:29:04 PM EDT
[#8]
The smell is curry.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:30:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But equal.  

They were probably there to see a movie in other than english and the theater anticipated the draw to be enough to necessitate an extra line.  

Quite possibly the case.  I did not intend to imply anything sinister about it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:32:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The smell is curry.

I hate it to.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:44:05 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You should have gotten into that line.  Raised holy hell if you were discriminated against.  I wonder if the ACLU would  take up your cause?

It sounds to me like the line was to buy tickets for the Indian movie, not for Indian people. If yuou wanted to see the Indian movie, I am sure you could have used that line with mo problem.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:35:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It sounds to me like the line was to buy tickets for the Indian movie, not for Indian people. If yuou wanted to see the Indian movie, I am sure you could have used that line with mo problem.

Yes, it was definetly a ticket line for Indian Movie ticket sale and not just for Indian people.
I wasn't bothered by it, I just found it interesting to see enough sales for Indian films
to justify a dedicated line.

I'd hit it like a Zambonie!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:37:59 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

www.homeindia.com/catalogue/fashion/bollywood/images/31766l.jpg

She could use a bit of foot powder.  

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:39:28 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, it was definetly a ticket line for Indian Movie ticket sale and not just for Indian people.
I wasn't bothered by it, I just found it interesting to see enough sales for Indian films
to justify a dedicated line.

www.homeindia.com/catalogue/fashion/bollywood/images/31766l.jpg

Isn't she supposed to be the world's most beautiful woman?  What is her name again?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:42:19 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Isn't she supposed to be the world's most beautiful woman?  What is her name again?

I don't know. I did a Google Image search for "Bollywood" and pulled up a whole mess of spicy
Indian chickie snacks.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:37:18 AM EDT
[#16]
OK, so have you ever watched a Bollywood movie?  Best done very drunk.  They sing and dance, then Ninjas jump out and there is a big fight and they have a big Bullet style chase scene, except they are all on scooters.  Then the sing again..... apppaa apppaaa And then they get married with a big scene with more music.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:46:27 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

aishwarya rai.

did you know she's a "virginiaaan"?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:56:30 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
OK, so have you ever watched a Bollywood movie?  Best done very drunk.  They sing and dance, then Ninjas jump out and there is a big fight and they have a big Bullet style chase scene, except they are all on scooters.  Then the sing again..... apppaa apppaaa And then they get married with a big scene with more music.  

That's f*cked up, man.

G
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:02:08 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

The audience also partcipates, its not like an American movie where everyone is quiet, people will be yelling and such.

Kharn
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top