Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2005 1:25:31 PM EDT
After reading posts in the walmart thread I got to think about a lot of members comments.  You complain about walmart's LP employees not being trained and just wannabe cops and such. www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=379888

Did you ever think that people might view CCW the same?  A civilian just as a police officer has the right to protect his life and his property.  Should we give up that right becuase criminals might get hurt in the process?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 1:26:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Most Ninja's get ALOT more training.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 1:28:20 PM EDT
[#2]
A lot of people do not understand those who CCW.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 1:30:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I didn't read the "walmart" thread but... Criminals getting harmed isn't a bad thing. It makes all others reconsider trying to do the same.

And it's my belief that if someone tries to make victims of people, it's only right that he risks becomming a victim himself.

It's easy for fools to criticize a man's actions when they weren't put in the same positions themselves. I like how such people analyze things as "it was so obvious" when they're just reading an article after the incident and not caught up during the action when peoples' lives are at stake and the facts haven't been thoroughly investigated but you only get what you observe.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 1:33:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Gross understatement.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 1:56:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:00:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:18:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Fact is it is easy to kill guys you shouldn't and mighty damn hard to kill the ones you should sometimes. The Walmart guy died because of two things. Dumbass handling of the situation and postional asphysxia. The Walmart Warriors should have had enough sense to handcuff the guy and then sit him upright and wait for the cops. Apparently the guy was so big they needed two pairs of cuffs to cuff him but only had one. The asphyxia comes in when you put a fat guy on his stomach and he is very exerted. Especially if you are sitting on him he just can't breath enough to stay alive. This is why the "hogtie" is now prohibited by most police departments. The Walmart guy would have survived if the Walmart guys were better trained or at least supervised by someone who would have said "We got him. Let's don't kill him" or he wasn't so fat and probably on something. Apparently he was complaining about not breathing and I will be the first to say he is full of shit and just trying to create an opening to run again, but at some point when you have somebody in custody somebody has to be monitering him to make sure he doesn't die. If the guy was guilty of a felony at least it would be better use of force.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:20:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gross understatement.

+1

For me it goes beyond personal protesction.
How about Govt. tyranny. and my diluted 2nd Ammendment rights
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:22:10 PM EDT
[#9]
If you ccw, you need to be part lawyer and part saint.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:26:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Well, you're fucked on both accounts

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:26:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

That's why I have a big trunk and a tarp
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:27:55 PM EDT
[#12]
What's the tarp for?

To practice your slashing with you knife?

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:31:03 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
What's the tarp for?

Sgat1r5

Helps resale value of the car.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:35:25 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What's the tarp for?

Sgat1r5

Do you have tactical duct tape with that, or do you just kinda fold it on?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:42:34 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gross understatement.

+1

For me it goes beyond personal protesction.
How about Govt. tyranny. and my diluted 2nd Ammendment rights

My ex used to freak out (in that way only women can) when I would CCW and she knew it.  And this is someone who was close to me.

Many people will never understand CCW.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:43:32 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
What's the tarp for?

Sgat1r5

Do you have tactical duct tape with that, or do you just kinda fold it on?

Staple gun, contents of said tarp don't mind.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:47:00 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

A true Italian.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:49:49 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

A true Italian.

Nah, I'm just bullshitting I don't even own a tarp.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:51:16 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Good to hear...because a loose tarp in the back of a truck always makes that wop..wop..wop sound.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:51:56 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good to hear...because a loose tarp in the back of a truck always makes that wop..wop..wop sound.

Sgat1r5

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:54:00 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:06:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Gentlemen, a unneccesary slander has been commited in your statements either intentional or not.  I am here to tell you that after reading stated article and statements above that the subject line is offensive.  Every mall ninja I know is a technical tactician-just ask him.  Go ahead and stare him down through his fire retardent nomex (TM) balaclavalava.  You'll see eyes of steal glaring back at you and breath that smells like steamy firey mocha latte (skim).  Years of reading Black belt and SOF have tempered this warrior to a butter knifes edge- let's not forget countless hours of playing SOCOM for playstation and throwing 4 for $5 throwing stars he picked up at last months knife show into the card board picture of Darth Vader.  Yes the Mall Ninja is a hero- he would have in fact employed the dreaded Chinese Finger trap- er wait, the "Improved Tactical Elite Stealth SOF" M-45 Chinese Finger trap (TM) on said fat guy or would have surrounded him in 1913 Picatinny Rails.  Silly mortals!! Bow to the Ninja! headbang.gif headbang.gif
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:30:19 PM EDT
[#23]
My ex used to freak out (in that way only women can) when I would CCW and she knew it. And this is someone who was close to me.

Funny, stuff my wife gets kinda turned on... especially if she hugs me and feels IT.HN
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:36:57 PM EDT
[#24]
As stated by MotownSteve,
"I don't have 50 cops at the end of a radio as my back up.  If the SHTF its only me "
or something along those lines....
Its part personal, part political, part practical and they made up the rules.  I'm only following them
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:39:38 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
My ex used to freak out (in that way only women can) when I would CCW and she knew it. And this is someone who was close to me.

Funny, stuff my wife gets kinda turned on... especially if she hugs me and feels IT.
Must make me walk like JOHN WAYNE???

That or you carry in the front of your waist band.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:46:58 PM EDT
[#26]
That never occured to me but I guess a 357 gp100 4" with full lug might do that...hock.gif
No wonder the hotties are checkin me out
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top