Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2005 9:58:11 AM EDT
i have a compound bow that has a funky rest and maybe i am doing it wrong but the rest is two spring arms that hook down and the arrow sits on top of them.  when you knock it, attach the release and begin to draw it the arrow twists on the rest and pops off.  so i am looking at getting a new rest.

what do you think of the whisker biscuit?

is there a better rest?

thanks
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:03:48 AM EDT
[#1]
You have a standard 2-pronged rest?

Sounds like the problem is in your bows alignment. Have someone who knows what they're doing check it with a laser. Mine had the problem shortly after I first bought it.

Sounds like a new rest may not solve the problem.

I've wondered about the whisker biscuits myself.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:06:49 AM EDT
[#2]
<<< Whisker Biscuit shooter

Put one on my Feathermax.
Absolutely love it.
Draw is quiet, there's no noticeable accuracy or arrow speed loss.
The best part, your arrow won't be falling off your rest.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:08:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I shoot a whisker biscuit. Very easy to tune, arrow never falls off.

YMMV
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:12:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I love the Whisker Biscuit. I won't use any other rest. 100% arrow retention is a must when the buck of a lifetime walks into range.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:12:44 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
<<< Whisker Biscuit shooter

Put one on my Feathermax.
Absolutely love it.
Draw is quiet, there's no noticeable accuracy or arrow speed loss.
The best part, your arrow won't be falling off your rest.

good to hear.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:15:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Whisker Biscuit is great.  I have one on my Mathews.  You don't have to worry about the arrow falling off.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:16:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:20:50 AM EDT
[#8]
"Whisker Buiscut", I like the name.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:17:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
i just went from a whisker biscuit to a drop away,  love the drop away.

do you want to sell your biscuit?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:29:57 AM EDT
[#10]

I can draw with fingers and my arrow stays on my rest.

What do you attach your release to?  Should be to some kind of loop and it may need to be adjusted.

Whisker Biscuit drags on the fletches and you loose a little velocity.  I plan on upgrading to 'trapdoor' type rest.  Muzzy came out with an interesting "zero affect" rest.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/standard-pod-wrapped.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/pod-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat21424&rid=&indexId=cat20074&navAction=push&navCount=7&parentType=index&parentId=cat20074&id=0004609

Shok
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:31:58 AM EDT
[#11]
That loop is completely optional. I attach mine to the string. I have notches on my string so I know where to place my arrow and my release.

My rest is the old 2-pronged set-up.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:33:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Vital Bow gear ultimate rest. Holds the arrow like a whisker biscuit but works like a drop away. check it out...
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:43:53 AM EDT
[#13]
I use a whisker biscuit and I like it a lot for hunting. It's probably not as good for a target rest because I would imagine that the contact of the bristles slightly alter the flight path of the arrow shot to shot, but I can group 2in. easily at 20 yards and often 1in.

The other rest that I've seen that looks very interesting is the QAD Ultimate drop away rest. You don't hear much about it, but it looks like it has the containment of the whisker biscuit, but with zero effect on the arrow because of the drop away.

The only negative to it is that there are more mechanical things that can go wrong with it. I think that's what keeps me sticking with the whisker biscuit. It's just so rediculously simple that I don't see how much could go wrong with it.

ETA: Oh yeah, and I did this with my whisker biscuit rest at 20 yards, so I'd say they're plenty accurate for hunting...

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:51:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Buy the Whisker Biscuit.  Get the Quik Shot with the brown bristles.  You won't be sorry.

I used to use the standard TM Hunter rest.  Switched to the WB last year (I've got the Deluxe), haven't had any problems.  My bow shoots just as flat and as fast as it did with the TM Hunter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top