Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2005 6:57:57 PM EDT
How long do you let your tea steep?

I like to let my green tea go about 5 minutes.  Any longer and it tends to get bitter.

Man I love green tea.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:07:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I like weak unsweetened iced tea. Usually make 2-4 liters at a time. Steep 8-10min's. Found some cheap "Ceylon" tea at a local market that's really good...
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:08:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Apparantly my family is weird, because we've always let our tea steep for about 2 hours when brewing up a strong quart for making a gallon pitcher of sweet tea.  I saw a cooking show that said any more than 5 minutes would make the tea bitter.  Maybe the sugar just masks it, but I tried their suggestion and only let it steep for five minutes.  It was like drinking dark-colored water.  Almost no flavor.  My wife did the same thing before we met, though, so maybe it's a Southern thing.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:14:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't believe there's a right or wrong way. Just whatever way tastes the "best" to you.

I grew up in Tx and Fla and iced tea always had a couple of pounds of sugar in it. I always thought it tasted like shit so I never drank it as I got older. It wasn't until I was stationed in Korea that I tried unsweetened tea and discovered it was a complete different animal compared to sweetened...
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:16:03 PM EDT
[#4]
However long the coffeee maker takes. Im not a big tea fan, but my ex got me hooked on tea made from a coffee maker...
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:23:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
However long the coffeee maker takes. Im not a big tea fan, but my ex got me hooked on tea made from a coffee maker...

I like sweetened jasmine tea made with a coffee maker.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:01:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

for some reason hearing that come from a guy named Burley is really funny.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:38:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

for some reason hearing that come from a guy named Burley is really funny.

I AM ALL THAT IS MAN!!!

But yes, I do enjoy a spot of tea and a good romantic comedy.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:48:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I found out about ryoobi tea and that's the only tea I drink now. It's "red tea" from south africa. It has very little tannins in it and doens't get bitter. It has more of that stuff that's in green tea in it also, supposably.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top