Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:45:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:10:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm game...

ETA:
10 minutes.....still waiting.
25 minutes.....still waiting.
1hr 10 min, I call BS on this exercise.  Two IM's requesting info.  It's a RUSE.  There was never any intention for us to try our skills.   What a waste of time thinking it would do some good for a fellow member.  

ETA 08/16:
OK - you went to bed but you had several members waiting for the info.  We've got it and we'll see what we can do!

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:12:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I got 10 more hours at work... Bring it on....
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:14:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm up to it
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:22:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Depends on the county she lives in. In the county I live in civil, criminal and family court records are all public record. If she lives in some little county where the clerk records case filings on a legal pad in her desk you aren't going to find crap.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:23:02 PM EDT
[#6]
You would be suprised  

Quoted:
Depends on the county she lives in. In the county I live in civil, criminal and family court records are all public record. If she lives in some little county where the clerk records case filings on a legal pad in her desk you aren't going to find crap.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:30:28 PM EDT
[#7]
tag for tomorrow if it is still unfound
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:44:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:49:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Info not needed anymore???
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:25:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:25:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:31:27 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
It can probably be done, but without knowing if they got married in Florida and the approximate wedding date (within a couple of years), it's a tedious task.  

MrsG-
Yep, that's the key.  Since FL divorce records are filed by the husbands name, without it would be nearly impossible.  That would mean seraching ALL state marriage records with generic maiden name of ****, building the relationships to the husbands name, then going to Martin Co. divorce records for filtering/analysis.

I believe I've now ruled out marriage in Martin County at this point.  Awaiting confirmation from CJ.

ETA:
Replaced name.
Confirmed not married in Martin County.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:46:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 1:59:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:35:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:51:18 PM EDT
[#16]
I give up after 30 minutes, you win.  

Tried googling on:

Googled for <maiden name>; divorce, public records

Googled for "marriage licenses <state>" which led me to some sites

Googled for "voter registration <county> county"

Googled for "real estate tax <county> county"

all of which led me to either govt sites or free/pay sites.

Too many assumptions to make, example:
- did the couple live in <state> all their life?

If you knew the last name of a party involved, you can generally find information on
- voter registration
- real estate tax records
- professional licenses
- sex offender registry

etc.

Knowing the age and last name and access to voter registration list will give a first name which can lead to a real estate tax record, fwiw.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:57:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:59:35 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I give up after 30 minutes, you win.  

Tried googling on:

Googled for <maiden name>; divorce, public records

Googled for "marriage licenses <state>" which led me to some sites

Googled for "voter registration <county> county"

Googled for "real estate tax <county> county"

all of which led me to either govt sites or free/pay sites.

Too many assumptions to make, example:
- did the couple live in <state> all their life?

If you knew the last name of a party involved, you can generally find information on
- voter registration
- real estate tax records
- professional licenses
- sex offender registry

etc.

Knowing the age and last name and access to voter registration list will give a first name which can lead to a real estate tax record, fwiw.

This is especially easy when looking for party-member realtors who don't card one-night stands.

"She looked 18!"
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:01:38 PM EDT
[#19]
I gave up after searching clerk-web.martin.fl.us/wb_or1 and www.myfloridacounty.com/services/officialrecords_intro.shtml.

There were a lot of names to cross reference, but no luck.

BTW... here's a site worth bookmarking www.crimcheck.com/freerecords.htm.

It's a pretty thorough listing of free Federal, state and county records (some might require a sign-up)
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:05:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:35:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:53:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Mrs G-
I took the same approach, then decided "for what?".  It's a good exercise, yet the success depends entirely on her being married IN FLORIDA.  Anything other than Florida (or Martin County for that matter) and you exponentially increase the search base.

Here's what I started with:

From the Main Vital Records site (above posts) regarding public divorce records:
Information about the record being requested:
full names of the husband and wife, including wife's maiden name
date of the divorce
city or county where divorce was granted
The name of the husband is required because divorce records are indexed under the name of the husband only

The problem you run into is there's no real way to connect a maiden name of **** to a married name without some assumptions or additional information.  She could have married anywhere, but we know she divorced in Martin Co. with a maiden name of ****.  That means, the marriage record would have to come first for research in order to locate the divorce record

Assumption #1 - She was married in Martin County.  
That returns Johnnie Mae ****, or Ann Jane **** as possible candidates.  Johnnie Mae married a Howard Theodore Roosevelt in 2002 and Ann Jane married Jeffrey L. Villenuve in 2004.  Then going to the divorce records for Roosevelt and Villenueve in Martin County do not return records so we've eliminated marriage in Martin County as well as divorce to either of these men in that county.  Subsequent research shows Johnnie Mae **** to be about 57YOA and Ann Jane about 66YOA therefore not fitting the criteria of 35YOA +/-.

Conclusion on Assumption #1 - Not married in Martin County.

Follow-up Action on Assumption #1 – None.

Interesting note:  Martin County, Fl has a population of 11.4% divorced women according to the 2000 census.

Assumption #2 - She had a name change in Martin County.
If a name change was involved at some point during the divorce, it may have been included within the decree or done after the fact.  It is fact she divorced in Martin County but under an unknown married name.  Searching on the criteria of “****” for a Name Change in Martin County revealed no records.  Based on records noted, a name change would be 50/50 imbedded within the divorce decree.

Conclusion on Assumption #2 – She did not have a maiden name change related to **** as a stand-alone document in Martin County.  The possibility exists she had a name change from her married name back to ****.

Follow-up Action on Assumption #2 – If a married name is identified, continue search for name change from the married name back to maiden name for verification/cross-check.

Assumption #3 – She owned property in her maiden name in Martin County.
The possibility exists she owned property under her maiden name in Martin County prior to her marriage or post-marriage.

Conclusion on Assumption #3 – A search of the property records of Martin County returned in excess of 100 records.  

Follow-up Action on Assumption #3 – If a married name is secured, verify/validate property for verification.  Otherwise, date sort property records with maiden name of **** until all records are exhausted.

In addition to Final Judgement Divorce (FJD), try MAR (Marriage), MTG (Mortgage), CN (Change Name), M (Mortgage), and MRR (Mortgage re-record)

I tried Rootsweb.com for surnames searches on **** in Florida with a too many returns for time allotment.  I also tried the standard google, but without the married name, it's damn near impossible.  From a tidbit of information gleaned by CJ, I tried that avenue from his side, but nothing could bring it back anywhere.

We do know from the information provided her age is 35+/-.  That would give her a DOB of about 1970.  Marriage records could be narrowed down to 1987ish to present since we don't know WHEN she was divorced.  That gives us a 18 year dataset.  As noted above, it was about 50/50 on the divorce decrees noting a name change to their maiden name.  That still wouldn't give us the information we were looking for.

In summary, you've got to find out WHO she married, then you can find out when she divorced and secure the copy of the decree for the brass ring.  We're just missing 1 pc!

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:57:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Waist your own time you IDIOT.  I didn't even bother to read your post b/c it's so stupid.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:58:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:10:59 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Waist your own time you IDIOT.  I didn't even bother to read your post b/c it's so stupid.  

How would you know it was stupid unless you read it yourself, then formed an opinion and then took time to inform us of your opinion?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:26:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:41:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:44:26 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Assumption #1 - She was married in Martin County.  
That returns Johnnie Mae ****, or Ann Jane **** as possible candidates.  Johnnie Mae married a Howard Theodore Roosevelt in 2002 and Ann Jane married Jeffrey L. Villenuve in 2004.  Then going to the divorce records for Roosevelt and Villenueve in Martin County do not return records so we've eliminated marriage in Martin County as well as divorce to either of these men in that county.  Subsequent research shows Johnnie Mae **** to be about 57YOA and Ann Jane about 66YOA therefore not fitting the criteria of 35YOA +/-.

In addition to Final Judgement Divorce (FJD), try MAR (Marriage), MTG (Mortgage), CN (Change Name), M (Mortgage), and MRR (Mortgage re-record)

We do know from the information provided her age is 35+/-.  That would give her a DOB of about 1970.  Marriage records could be narrowed down to 1987ish to present since we don't know WHEN she was divorced.  That gives us a 18 year dataset.  As noted above, it was about 50/50 on the divorce decrees noting a name change to their maiden name.  That still wouldn't give us the information we were looking for.

In summary, you've got to find out WHO she married, then you can find out when she divorced and secure the copy of the decree for the brass ring.  We're just missing 1 pc!

Searched and found the same things you did, dude... nada (my eyes lit up when I found Johonnie Mae only to discover her age . The only search I didn't conduct was anything related to property.

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:33:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Update....

Based on the following NEW TIDBIT provided, the new state referenced charges a fee of $10 per record and it's spotty at best if they would have it in one centralized location.  Most of the sites visited indicate records up to 1992 which would put the subject at 22YOA +/-. That leaves out a few years before 22 and those after for marriage dates.

However, doing a rootsweb.com search on the surname **** with a married date of 2000 +/- 10 years would put the subject between 20 and 35.  The search returned four surname matches with five potential husbands.  Flipping over to the Martin Co. divorce records with the corresponding male names did not reveal any matches.  Safe to say Rootsweb is no longer a valid tool at this point.

Also at a dead end since TIDBIT requires a fee which is out of bounds for this exercise.

Also ran a SSDI (social security death index) search on last name of **** with a dob range of 1965-1975.  Criteria included last known address and state of death as Florida.  Only 1 return for a Charlene Y ****, Pinellas Fl.  With that, I'm pretty sure she isn't dead or didn't die in Florida UNLESS her name was Charlene Y ****.

Ran the same query for SSDI with DOB 1965-1975 for state of death as TIDBIT with three returns.  If her name was:
Carolyn ****
Sherry K ****
Rachel H **** then she died in TIDBIT.

More "tidbits" please.....
~m38a1

ETA:
Demographics on Martin County:
factfinder.census.gov/servlet/SAFFFacts?_event=Search&geo_id=&_geoContext=&_street=&_county=martin&_cityTown=martin&_state=04000US12&_zip=&_lang=en&_sse=on&pctxt=fph&pgsl=010
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top