Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/15/2005 6:01:37 PM EDT
A good friend of hers was dating this guy for 5 years.  They even owned a home together.  Well a few months back on his birthday her friend bought him a new desktop PC.  He got really drunk and threw it out the window that night.  She got pissed, so he ended up hitting her for mouthing off.  She gets her cell phone out and tells him that she is going to call the cops.  He grabs the phone and throws it against the wall.  

The next morning she leaves him.  So for the past few months my girlfriend has been calling him really bad names (no problems here)  well the couple had been thinking about getting together but he got really drunk on Saturday night, got on a crotch rocket and hit a tree going 125 MPH.  He died.  She is now upset that he died and sad that her friend is going through a rough time.  I feel nothing......dude was a dumbass.  I am having a hard time dealing with my girlfriend's sadness because I really don't see it as a reason to be sad.  Her friend now doens't have to worry about getting back together with a POS.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:03:54 PM EDT
[#1]
First- Darwinism cures stupidity.

Second, him dying probably saved her from being killed by that asshole. Thus a life lost is indeed a life saved.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:04:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Women and logic don't always go together.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:05:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn shame about the tree.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:05:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Her friend now doens't have to worry about getting back together with a POS.

Hopefully seeking out abusive assholes won't become a pattern of behavior for this friend of yours.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:07:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Second, him dying probably saved her from being killed by that asshole. Thus a life lost is indeed a life saved.

+1
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:07:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:07:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:08:07 PM EDT
[#8]
The better part is that she may now own the house 100% and won't have to worry about being bounced off the walls for the rest of her life!
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:08:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Anybody that hits a woman deserves to die, looks like things worked out for the best. Anybody that rides a motorcycle drunk doesn't have much of a chance either.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:08:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn shame about the bike.

Damn shame we don't have pix of the g/f.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:09:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Wimmens are the strangest creatures on this planet. When one is sad, it is inexplicably doubled by her friends. Go figure. No matter what you do, it will be wrong. Just avoid them both for a bit till they get over it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:09:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

+1

I hope it pulls through this tramatic experience.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:09:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:09:16 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Her friend now doens't have to worry about getting back together with a POS.

Hopefully seeking out abusive assholes won't become a pattern of behavior for this friend of yours.  

That's wishful thinking. Girls like her don't change. May God have mercy on her lost, pathetic life.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:09:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Probably shameful waste of a good bike.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:09:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Fucktard throws a new computer (a gift) out the window.

Gets drunk, beats up girl.

Smashed girl's cellphone when she says she'll call the cops.

Fucktard gets drunk and kills himself at 125mph.

Girl is upset because fucktard is dead and can't get back together with girl he beat up.

Does *anyone* need a better example of the fact that fundamentally, women are NOT wired the same as men?

Your GF should be telling her friend that fate has intervened and set her free to find a *GOOD* man.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:09:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
The better part is that she may now own the house 100% and won't have to worry about being bounced off the walls for the rest of her life!

They already sold it, and it is a good thing, since they were not married.  His parents would be the owners of the other half.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:09:59 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

damn shame about both tree and bike.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:10:09 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I hope it will recover.

Oh, yeah, don't worry about your GF; women like to be sad, it makes them happy.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:10:21 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
She is now upset that he died and sad that her friend is going through a rough time.  I feel nothing......dude was a dumbass.  I am having a hard time dealing with my girlfriend's sadness because I really don't see it as a reason to be sad.  Her friend now doens't have to worry about getting back together with a POS.

You're GF doesn't need logic.  She needs you to hug her and give up all that 'emotional understanding' for  her.  Just be there for her if she wants to talk or cry on you.

Wimminz ain't logical, but they sure are fun when they're not bawlin'.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:10:23 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
A good friend of hers was dating this guy for 5 years.  They even owned a home together.  Well a few months back on his birthday her friend bought him a new desktop PC.  He got really drunk and threw it out the window that night.  She got pissed, so he ended up hitting her for mouthing off.  She gets her cell phone out and tells him that she is going to call the cops.  He grabs the phone and throws it against the wall.  

The next morning she leaves him.  So for the past few months my girlfriend has been calling him really bad names (no problems here)  well the couple had been thinking about getting together but he got really drunk on Saturday night, got on a crotch rocket and hit a tree going 125 MPH.  He died.  She is now upset that he died and sad that her friend is going through a rough time.  I feel nothing......dude was a dumbass.  I am having a hard time dealing with my girlfriend's sadness because I really don't see it as a reason to be sad.  Her friend now doens't have to worry about getting back together with a POS.

While I think his death is a good thing . . . emotional attachments rarely involve logic.

I love my youngest brother, but I know he is an ignorant dip who will probably end up doing something similar to this guy.  Doesn't mean that I won't weep for the end of his mortal life.

No matter how he treated her, she loved him.  She had not yet gotten to the point where his actions overwhelmed her hope (however fruitless).  

Completely understandable that she is upset.

Also completely understandable that you are not.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:11:45 PM EDT
[#22]
You should have a sympathy three-way.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:11:50 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Women and logic don't always ever go together.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:11:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Damn shame about the tree and the bike.  Now everyone should be happy.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:11:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Drama queens all.
Anything to feed all that negative shit. I swear it it like opium for them.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:13:03 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

damn shame about both tree and bike.

And the PC and Cell phone .... such a waste
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:13:43 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I'll give that a big "hell yeah!"

This guy sounds like a career f-up.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:14:08 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Women and logic don't always ever go together.

+1
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:15:22 PM EDT
[#29]
I was in a situation like this.  My girlfriend was sad because a guy we knew died a little more than a year ago.  It was originally said that he died of a heart issue, but I always thought something was up.

I never liked the kid because I knew that he was a big druggie like all his friends.  Later, a lot of us found out that the real reason he died was an over dose.  The idiot got what he asked for.  My only qualm with it was taht he made his mother go through this shit.  (He was 17.)

I couldn't understand her sadness but there was only one thing to do, sit there next to her while she's sad, don't bother saying anything, it'll probably be the wrong thing.  (I learned that the hard way.)
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:22:48 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Anybody that hits a woman deserves to die

Women initiate violence just as often as men.  Men, however, are usually stronger and end up winning.
I am not excusing hitting women.  Just as if some guy in a bar wants to fight you, the best option is to remove yourself from the situation.
I do agree that about 75% of men who hit women had no fucking business doing it and deserve a beat down at the least.  Same goes for women.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:39:34 PM EDT
[#31]
tell her congrats, the house is all hers now  !!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:45:14 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
You should have a sympathy three-way.

Big +1. Its the only way to be sure.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:46:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Sounds like too much alcohol in the body of a psychopath.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:49:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:50:35 PM EDT
[#35]
I hate to be a rude ass but +2.  

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:55:03 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

+1 and the bike.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:21:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:20:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:32:01 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

She probably bought him a Macincrap... which is why he went over the edge. I'd feel the same way if I got such a POS!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:04:32 AM EDT
[#40]

They even owned a home together.

There's the first problem right there.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:06:13 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

They even owned a home together.

There's the first problem right there.

Uh, I don't think owning a home caused him to be a drunk asshole.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:09:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:20:21 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

second that one    it hurts getting run into at 125
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:31:51 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
You're GF doesn't need logic.  She needs you to hug her and give up all that 'emotional understanding' for  her.  Just be there for her if she wants to talk or cry on you.

Wimminz ain't logical, but they sure are fun when they're not bawlin'.

Ding We have a winner.

On both counts.

Her friend is hurt, so she's hurt, hell guys do the same thing, we've been known to go back to women who are no good for us whatsoever, right? You always hope you can "make them better".

Hope she gest over it soon and finds a non-asshole!

/PHil
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:32:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:11:18 AM EDT
[#46]
That he died prevented further abuse.  If they had married, it would have spiraled downwards into a domestic violence situation. Darwin wins - again.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:27:29 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Anybody that hits a woman deserves to die, looks like things worked out for the best. Anybody that rides a motorcycle drunk doesn't have much of a chance either.

Bullshit!  I got into a fight once with a guy when his sister came up behind me and started to hit me in the back with a baseball bat.  Fortunately she couldn't swing worth a damn.  After I got done with him I dropped her, one hit is all it took.

I haven't hit a woman since.  But, if you throw a punch, you better be able to take a punch.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:30:28 AM EDT
[#48]
I wonder if she had mortgage insurance?  Patty
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:59:16 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Niether deserved their meeting with Mr. Dipshyt
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:05:16 AM EDT
[#50]
What's the problem again?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top