User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2005 5:48:12 PM EDT
First read this:

Granny going to Iraq
At 60, she'll 'get message out about good things'
By William Croyle
Enquirer staff writer

ALEXANDRIA - When Suzanne Fournier tells people where she's going, the 60-year-old wife, mother and grandmother always gets the same reaction: disbelief.

"They say, 'You're doing what?' " Fournier said.

"Yes, I'd be crazy if I wasn't a little apprehensive, but I'm comfortable with it. I want to help those who need help."

Fournier will depart for Iraq on Aug. 28.

She's especially eager to work with the Iraqi media so it can tell information to civilians.

"There was so much devastation when we got there," she said. "Not so much from the war, but from neglect for so many years. But it's just mind-boggling to see what's in place now."

(more)

news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050815/NEWS0103/508150332

Then, if you want to get your little swell of pride in the American people and their innate tendencies towards heroism and sacrifice busted, read this:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x1703836

Fucking idiots.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:51:49 PM EDT
[#1]
One of the Du'ers said that he hates sheep.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top