Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2005 11:37:16 AM EDT

I saw a petition floating around to get them into ODCMP hands, even if they had to burn the recievers and just sell them as parts kits.

Did anything good ever come of that?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:38:57 AM EDT
[#1]
i doubt anything good(for us) came of that deal.

demilled recievers and burned down parts kits would be my guess.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:39:02 AM EDT
[#2]
You're too late, I bought them all.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:40:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Are we talking about the ones Clinton had destroyed?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:42:13 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Are we talking about the ones Clinton had destroyed?

Hey!  Wait a minute...it was for the children!  
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:45:08 AM EDT
[#5]
You can bet Fred got the stocks.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:49:12 AM EDT
[#6]
The hive mind is weak on this subject...while civillians cannot purchase any M14 because once a machine gun, always a machine gun, there are quite a few M14s in state rifle associations affiliated with the ODCMP.  These are NM M14s which may be posessed by qualified CMP members.  And yes, they have been slightly "castrated" and it is illegal to give them their "nuts" back.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:56:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I saw a petition floating around to get them into ODCMP hands, even if they had to burn the recievers and just sell them as parts kits.

Did anything good ever come of that?

Pipe dream.

Most of the M-14 made were destroyed BEFORE 1970. Most of the rest went out in military aid.

The US Military is husbanding what is left to sustain our current needs.

There are no surplus M-14s and have not been for many years.

We go thorugh this at least 4 times a month.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:05:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Clinton gave the Baltic states a bunch of them. I wonder how soon before the parts kits come floating back into the country. If I was Springfield Inc, I would send my buyer over there offering Lithuania and the others $50 each.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:08:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Clinton gave the Baltic states a bunch of them. I wonder how soon before the parts kits come floating back into the country. If I was Springfield Inc, I would send my buyer over there offering Lithuania and the others $50 each.

I hope that is posssible but I don't think Springfield can do that if those rifles come back whole or in parts they must come back to the US government. Somebody correct me if this is wrong...
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:21:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The hive mind is weak on this subject...while civillians cannot purchase any M14 because once a machine gun, always a machine gun, there are quite a few M14s in state rifle associations affiliated with the ODCMP.  These are NM M14s which may be posessed by qualified CMP members.  And yes, they have been slightly "castrated" and it is illegal to give them their "nuts" back.

Couldn't these be sold through class3 FFLs since they were manufactured prior to 1986(? or 1989???)
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:23:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Couldn't these be sold through class3 FFLs since they were manufactured prior to 1986(? or 1989???)

Doesn't matter. They had to have an NFA tax stamp issued before 1986 to be transferrable, not
just manufactured.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:50:47 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No,  These rifles were never owned by anyone other than the US Government.  They are on LOAN to the various state rifle associations who are valid organizations under the ODCMP.  They are then LOANED to members for rifle practice and match shooting but they are never OWNED by civillians.  Think of it as any military rifle, except it doesn't have to be in the arms room.  Inventory, actual PHYSICAL inventory must be taken every year.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:53:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Ever seen the photos of Hatian police? Many were given away to other countries.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:01:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:15:11 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Ever seen the photos of Hatian police? Many were given away to other countries.

+1 We should organize a boat and go down there and take over Haiti to reclaim our property...
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:59:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Yep, many were given to Estonia, Latvia, etc.  And Haiti.

A lot of the rest were sent to Captain Crunch at Anniston.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:16:08 PM EDT
[#17]
I know for a fact that the Boardman PD has 3- M14s, made by TRW,  pretty sure a lot of other PDs got them as well........and some are still issued to certain units in the military.........there may have been a lot of M14 destroyed and given out as military aid packages, but there probably are a lot more still stored at ANNISTON and other places. but the average joe citizen will never own one, unless it was registered under the NFA before  68. and is transferable.  BTW those rifles still belong to the US gov't,  they are just loaned out.......so no PD, or other gov't really owns then, if they wanted to they can ask for those back.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:21:44 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hope that is posssible but I don't think Springfield can do that if those rifles come back whole or in parts they must come back to the US government. Somebody correct me if this is wrong...

Lets not forget about the Barrel Ban, If somehow the parts kits were reimported All we will get back from what were a bunch of beautiful guns is the trigger group, Operating rod & some small parts

I am getting pissed just thinking about it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top