Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2005 5:36:43 AM EDT
Anyone that has a RAZR with the data cable? Is it a special cable? I though a mini-USB cable would work.

I bought my wife this phone and want to hook it to my laptop to download the pics and other stuff. What kind of cable do I need?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:24:21 AM EDT
[#1]
No One?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:25:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Even if a mini USB worked for you the manufacturers use propritary software to connect to them.  The last copy I bought was in the $30 range for my V180.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:30:21 AM EDT
[#3]
the mini usb will work... now go to bearshare and get   motorola phone tools..   the one I got from there is 28,023 kb .. worked 2 minutes after the download..

enjoy your phone!!!

ETA:

put the file size to help you pick the right one from bearshare
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:42:28 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
the mini usb will work... now go to bearshare and get   motorola phone tools..   the one I got from there is 28,023 kb .. worked 2 minutes after the download..

enjoy your phone!!!

ETA:

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:59:02 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

enjoy your phone!!!

ETA:

OK .. you can buy it herevancedMobility_PhoneTools.asp' target='_new'>here
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:11:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Buy the cable here.

Learn how to use it here.

And here.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:11:28 AM EDT
[#7]
www.howardforums.com
www.cellphonehacks.com
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:13:30 AM EDT
[#8]
I have the cable, and the software from Moto, however I find it easier to use a bluetooth connection.  I can use it as a modem without it ever leaving my pocket.  Much more handy for the road.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:21:53 AM EDT
[#9]
http://www.motomodders.net/Default.aspx?g=topics&f=4

All you need to know is on that website right there.  I had a whole pile of custom stuff on my phone within 2 days of getting it, including an image of me shooting an M16 as the display on the outer LCD when it's flipped open and I enabled the video camera.  Lots of cool stuff you can do with the RAZR with a little bit of time and patience and on all the guides are on that website.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:27:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Wait for the Razr V3x coming out 4th qtr of this year... It's even better and why I haven't gotten a Razr yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top