Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/15/2005 1:04:09 AM EDT
Do they own the houses they live in?  If so, do they just lose them, or is there some compensation involved?  Where will these people go - is there space available in Israel for them, or has new housing been built?

If anyone can shed some light into the mechanics of this it would be great.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:23:07 AM EDT
[#1]
All i heard so far is that they removed their dead from their cemetaries. Looked like some nice homes there. I would be furious and want to bulldoze mine before i left.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:02:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I would burn mine to the ground before I left
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:10:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:17:13 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
They get compensation, they are rehoused in temporary accommodation by the Government who is footing the tab for removing them.

An average family can expect to receive about $250,000 (£140,000) compensation, depending on house size, the number of children and length of residence in the occupied territories.

FAMILY COMPENSATION PACKAGE
$1,000 per square metre of home
$50,000 for land around home
$1,000 per head for each year of residence (children included)
Moving costs up to $5,000
Half a year's salary if made redundant
Two years' rent following relocation
$30,000 loan for staying in new home

On top of that there are removals expenses, two years' free rent, redundancy compensation and what Mr Altman calls a "bonus" of $30,000 if the family stays put in a community being established to house them.

Farmers will receive an extra amount for leaving the land they have worked, that under a complex calculation could increase the sum to $400,000.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4151742.stm

All done with US taxpayer money..
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:17:18 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

+1

And leeching the soil for added effect
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:21:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:28:42 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
They get compensation, they are rehoused in temporary accommodation by the Government who is footing the tab for removing them.

An average family can expect to receive about $250,000 (£140,000) compensation, depending on house size, the number of children and length of residence in the occupied territories.

On top of that there are removals expenses, two years' free rent, redundancy compensation and what Mr Altman calls a "bonus" of $30,000 if the family stays put in a community being established to house them.

Farmers will receive an extra amount for leaving the land they have worked, that under a complex calculation could increase the sum to $400,000.

Yup…  gotta buy that 'peace'…

Atleast the Brit's have to common sense not to support them..  or do they provide financial aide?    IIRC they did at some point but don't currently right?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:39:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:50:30 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Atleast the Brit's have to common sense not to support them..  or do they provide financial aide?    IIRC they did at some point but don't currently right?

Nothing to Israel, $100 Million to the Palestinian Authority for infrastructuie projects like schools and such like.

Very smart, this way the Israeli's don't have any of your weapons tech to sell to China....

OTOH, I wonder if the PA is using that 100M for it's intended purpose, I suspect the Brit's have a watch-dog group there to keep an eye on them yes
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:55:37 AM EDT
[#10]
They prolly will move to Miami Beach.........
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:58:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Looks like it's getting rather nasty over there. Just saw some video on the news.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:35:10 AM EDT
[#12]
I read that they are going to bulldoze the homes so the Palestinians can build highrise
appartments to house 1.4 million people.

GM
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:41:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:38:06 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing to Israel, $100 Million to the Palestinian Authority for infrastructuie projects like schools and such like.

See, -M60_Gunner-, isn't that much better?

The Palestinian Authority gets all of Britains' cash, while we help fund the Israelis!

Eric The(Equitable)Hun

No it's not better in the least.  Although I would preffer NONE of our or Britans' cash go to anyone in that region I would much rather see British $$ go towards PA housing projects WITH oversight then to have our $$ and tech go to the back-stabbing Israeli's.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:40:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Let both sides twirl in the wind.

THAT IS FAIR AND EQUITABLE.

Last man standing takes all. We can send the winner a congratulations card and a fruit basket.
That is the extent to which America should give a rats rear end.

What a joke On all America that is!

Dram out
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:05:11 AM EDT
[#16]
I love it when the Jew haters make themselves obvious. lol

From FOX...House being burned down by owner....

Islamic Jihad moving in.....

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:24:08 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Let both sides twirl in the wind.

THAT IS FAIR AND EQUITABLE.

Last man standing takes all. We can send the winner a congratulations card and a fruit basket.
That is the extent to which America should give a rats rear end.

What a joke On all America that is!

Dram out

+1
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:24:33 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Get bent.

I'll take the Jewish side over the Palisiniaterroists EVERY time.

But Israel has a track record of taking our $$$ and tech and selling it to our enemies.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:56:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:59:39 AM EDT
[#20]
The comopnesation for the houses and land seems pretty nice.

What did the settlers pay for the land in the first place?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:01:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Really pisses me off how the Terrorists - Hizbollah, Hamas, etc - are touting it as a major victory (for terrorism) and how they will never rest until Israel is totally destroyed.  Even with this they still aren't going to let the Israelis have peace.  Now they can say "Look Abdullah!  This is proof!  Terrorism works!  All we need to do is bomb more schools, more night clubs and shopping malls, more parks and city busses and they will give up! This is proof!"

Even with the compensation plan, I have a feeling that Arafat and Hitler are dancing in their proverbial graves at seeing ethnic cleansing against Jews being carried out BY Jews.  

-K
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:03:37 AM EDT
[#22]
I guess Sharone kicking out the settlers and betraying the jewish people, is kinda like Bush flooding the USA with illegals and betraying the American people.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:15:26 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I guess Sharone kicking out the settlers and betraying the jewish people, is kinda like Bush flooding the USA with illegals and betraying the American people.

Um, or not.

History will not look kindly on this.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:29:52 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you don't know what you are talking about, do us all a favor and don't post.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:30:37 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Where do you think that $$ is really going?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:48:06 AM EDT
[#26]

Originally Posted By -Absolut-

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:58:29 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I guess you also complained that Saddam sold out his people when he pulled back out of Kuwait too?  The land Sharone is pulling out of is land Isreal seized during a war.  Even though it wasn't their land the settlers rushed in and claimed it as their own.  The pull back is not pulling back any further than the original borders.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:12:29 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

The blood of Israelis.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:14:03 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Very smart, this way the Israeli's don't have any of your weapons tech to sell to China....

Don't worry. Any slack to will taken up by U.S. companies that are falling all over themselves to sell their technology and build the infrastructure in China to support it. And the best part is the American people are paying for it every time they buy Chinese made goods from China*Mart.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:19:59 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

A Palestinian would not live in a western style house and especially one that was lived in by an Israeli. The Palestinians don't want the houses.

www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/06/19/mideast.rice/

JERUSALEM (CNN) -- Israel and the Palestinian Authority have agreed to the destruction of 1,200 homes that Jewish settlers will abandon when they leave Gaza this summer, U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said Sunday.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:22:02 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess you also complained that Saddam sold out his people when he pulled back out of Kuwait too?  The land Sharone is pulling out of is land Isreal seized during a war.  Even though it wasn't their land the settlers rushed in and claimed it as their own.  The pull back is not pulling back any further than the original borders.

You have a lot of reading to do.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:22:48 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Get bent.

I'll take the Jewish side over the Palisiniaterroists EVERY time.

But Israel has a track record of taking our $$$ and tech and selling it to our enemies.

"Get bent?" Well, no one will accuse you of an over abundance of wit....lol.

"But Israel has a track record of taking our $$$ and tech and selling it to our enemies."
Similar to our last President and people seem less upset at him than the Israelis. I'd like to see evidence of the "track record," meaning I would guess, more than one instance?

Still....on the upside....we do know how the story ends.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:25:35 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Um, or not.

On what?  Not sure what ur trying to say.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:27:39 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

To the victor, goes the spoils.

BTW, I;ve read several reports indicating that legally it IS THEIR LAND!  
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:30:00 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

To the victor, goes the spoils.

Exactly.  Israel was not the aggressor.  They attacked Israel - I suppose they learned a tough lesson from attacking them, huh?  

Comparing this to Iraq's aggression against Kuwait is ludicrous.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:32:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:14:35 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Given it for free… after it was captured from Egypt

Wait! How could it be captured from Egypt? Gaza is part of the ancestral homeland of the noble Palestinian people!
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:00:30 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Um, or not.

Which part, the "Um, or not" or the History part?

Well anyways, I'll explain both.

1) Your comparison is retarded.  For your theory to be truer, Bush would have to order the army to evacuate you off your land and then give the illegals your land, house, and fields.

2) Kicking the Jews off the land they have died to protect, developed, and RIGHTFULLY own is very wrong.  Ordering the army to take up arms against their own people is even more wrong.

You start a war, get your ass kicked and lose your land thats just too bad.  No Mulligans, do overs, double tags, or halfsys!  Take your camels and get the fuck out.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:58:38 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

See, -M60_Gunner-, isn't that much better?

The Palestinian Authority gets all of Britains' cash, while we help fund the Israelis!

Eric The(Equitable)Hun

Well, there is a small disparity in the amount we give Israel and what the Brits give the PA...about 2.9 BILLION or so.    We could drop our $$ to them, and give it to ME instead.  I promise to share with *everyone* here.  Honest.  

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:03:46 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Originally Posted By -Absolut-

www.schools.pinellas.k12.fl.us/gallery/variety/sheep.gif

Awwwww! How cute!
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:52:17 AM EDT
[#41]

I'm thinking they are going to make a stand.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:17:18 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/nm/20050815/mdf643821.jpg?x=380&y=271&sig=pfsmUnq4SZ2pdbGss5LHdQ--

I'm thinking they are going to make a stand.

I spoke this morning to a friend who is right in the middle of it. He said that some of those present spent the night last night slashing tires on army jeeps and rearranging certain features inside the settlements to allow for tactical movement without capture. He said nothing about using lethal force, though. For one thing, there is (as I understand it) a strong taboo among the Orthodox (of whom there are many among the settlers and their supporters) against taking human life, but especially Jewish life. I suspect we'll see significant non-violent (though not necessarily passive) resistance.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:23:42 AM EDT
[#43]
This is what we are seeing here, who cares about the compensation or whose land it was once...  there are people being taken from their homes by the national defense forces.  if you bother to search through the photos you will see even generals crying with the settlers.  i dont really know what to say about it, except that it hurts to see friends of yours get a one month leave so that they can go pack up their house.

news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/050815/481/jrl17108151509
news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/050815/photos_ts/mdf27817
news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/050815/photos_wl_me_afp/050815180228_s78vrj5m_photo0
news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/050815/ids_photos_wl/r1386262948.jpg
news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/050815/ids_photos_wl/r4264635836.jpg
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:32:35 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
This is what we are seeing here, who cares about the compensation or whose land it was once...  there are people being taken from their homes by the national defense forces.  if you bother to search through the photos you will see even generals crying with the settlers.  i dont really know what to say about it, except that it hurts to see friends of yours get a one month leave so that they can go pack up their house.

news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/050815/481/jrl17108151509
news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/050815/photos_ts/mdf27817
news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/050815/photos_wl_me_afp/050815180228_s78vrj5m_photo0
news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/050815/ids_photos_wl/r1386262948.jpg
news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/050815/ids_photos_wl/r4264635836.jpg

Stay safe ocuppier.  Those pictures break my heart.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:33:23 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Um, or not.

Which part, the "Um, or not" or the History part?

Well anyways, I'll explain both.

1) Your comparison is retarded.  For your theory to be truer, Bush would have to order the army to evacuate you off your land and then give the illegals your land, house, and fields.

2) Kicking the Jews off the land they have died to protect, developed, and RIGHTFULLY own is very wrong.  Ordering the army to take up arms against their own people is even more wrong.

You start a war, get your ass kicked and lose your land thats just too bad.  No Mulligans, do overs, double tags, or halfsys!  Take your camels and get the fuck out.

Easy there, you seem to got too much huztpah today.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:37:16 AM EDT
[#46]
This heartened me: my mother theorizes that Sharon's master plan is to vacate, then when Gaza becomes completely unstable and an actively intolerable threat, send the IDF back in, sweep the place clean, and formally annex it. I doubt it, but it's a happy thought.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:41:46 AM EDT
[#47]
After all, how many states do the Arabs need? And now they want to call one "Palestine?" Why
don't they just call it, "The Place from which we will continue to attack Israel.?"

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:44:35 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Do they own the houses they live in?  If so, do they just lose them, or is there some compensation involved?  Where will these people go - is there space available in Israel for them, or has new housing been built?

If anyone can shed some light into the mechanics of this it would be great.  Thanks.

Hopefully they'll turn the empty houses into something useful like they did in Gaza.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:45:08 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:45:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Let's not forget that the charter of the PLO (direct predecessor of the present Palestinian Authority) calls for the liberation of "occupied Palestine." Of course it does, right? Of course. But it was written in 1964.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top