BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2005 10:12:40 PM EDT
Date: August 20th

Time: 4 PM EDT

Shoot-Out
D-Day: Fallujah

November 2004--Fallujah, Iraq has become a viper pit. Over the last six months, this once holy city has become the center of gravity for the Iraqi insurgency with Al Qaeda terrorists and Islamic radicals from across the Muslim world congregating here to resist the US occupation. Many have come to martyr themselves and to take as many coalition troops with them as possible. On November 8, six battalions of US soldiers and Marines storm the city to kill the insurgents. It will be the fight of their lives. With riveting and insightful commentary from the men who sweated and bled on the dusty avenues of Fallujah, this episode highlights the strategies, cutting-edge technologies, and harrowing stories of mortal combat--many told here for the first time--of the deadliest house-to-house street brawl since the battle for Hue City, Vietnam. As one Marine tells us, if Fallujah isn't hell, it's in the same zip code.

This should be very interesting, so get yourself a blank tape/DVD ready and set your timers.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:16:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:41:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I watched it the first time around. Excellent show. I recorded it and loaned it out and havnt got the recording back yet. You will enjoy this one.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:45:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I loaned it out and havnt got the recording back yet.

That sounds like the story of my life. I don't think I ever recall loaning anyone a video or CD that was ever returned. LOL. As such, I no longer share. The only time I "loan" a movie is if I buy one that sux and I wanna get rid of it. In essence, I'm just giving it away.

BTW, I didn't realize this had already been shown on THC. I thought it was new. Guess I missed it the previous time/s it was shown. Of course I don't watch a lot of tv during the warm months.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:31:13 AM EDT
[#4]
It was the first episode of their new series Shootout.
The other two episodes so far covered Guadalcanal and a couple of wild west firefights.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:52:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, at least I caught one of the three.....the Guadalcanal one.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:28:32 AM EDT
[#6]
soo tagged!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top