Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2001 6:43:49 AM EDT
OK, I know this is not news to most of you but here goes.

I was in the supermarket the other day waiting for The Little Woman to do all that shopping stuff and naturally I gravitated toward the magazine rack.  I picked up the rotten Rolling Stone and saw a small article about that big mouth Boner and his stupid band and their new "cause," gun control.  He repeated most of that crap about how Euros come to America and are "shocked" at the availability of firearms and more people killed by "guns" than in the Vietnam War, blah blah etc. etc.

I have always thought Boner to be a pompous ass who has taken it upon himself to think for his stupid fans who aren't smart enough to think for himself.  Yet further evidence.  Go back to Ireland, boys.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 6:58:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 7:03:35 AM EDT
[#2]
[pissed]
...not news, but still angers me...
i'll say it again, it amazes me that foreigners come to this country and are "shocked" by the availability of guns...[red][size=3]DOES THE AVAILABILITY OF LIBERTY SHOCK THEM TOO???[/size=3][/red]...again, U2 used to be pro freedom, but i guess that wasn't a profitable enough stance to have...does this Bone(head) realize that his own people would be free of occupation if a few hundred-thousand AR's were sprinkled across the countryside??? HATE the HYPOCRICY!
[-!-]
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 7:15:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey everybody knows what a hotbed of peace and liberty U2 has on their own home turf.  Perhaps we stupid Yanks can learn from their example.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 7:31:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Whats even funnier here, anyone know what U2 stands for (the name, not the group).
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 7:32:51 AM EDT
[#5]
the spy plane???
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 8:33:30 AM EDT
[#6]
It is supposed to be ironic, U2 is a tax form the Irish must fill out. Similar to W2 here.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 8:39:23 AM EDT
[#7]
oh, those clever minstrals!!!
how IRONIC that they yearn for freedom in their homeland, but trample ours...how IRONIC that if their people were properly armed "Sunday Bloody Sunday" would never have happened...how moronic that people still buy their albums (which ironically all sound the same these days...)
[-!-]U2!
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 9:29:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Crap.

They have been my favorite band for the better part of 15 years.

They won't get any more of my hard-earned money.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 9:42:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Wobblin Goblin:
Crap.

They have been my favorite band for the better part of 15 years.

They won't get any more of my hard-earned money.
View Quote

File sharing! Just steal their music, then email them telling them how long you have been a fan, but from now on you won't be buying their albums. Just getting them for free off the internet  
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 9:45:17 AM EDT
[#10]
LOL
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 9:51:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Like I'd mentioned in the last "U2" post...

I'll take the NRA over the IRA.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 10:17:20 AM EDT
[#12]
crap I have 3 of their cd's im not buying anymore. I'm tempted to burn them. This is sickening.

[puke][puke][puke][puke]
[blue]edited to narrow the frame so it can be read without scrolling![/blue]
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 10:21:01 AM EDT
[#13]
NO! save them! they make great targets! do you shoot skeet?
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 10:26:52 AM EDT
[#14]
I have always hated U2 this is just reaffirming my disliking send the bastards back to what ever stupid nation they came from. FUQ U2!!!!!

[:(!]
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 10:44:17 AM EDT
[#15]
I actually like their music, but a few months ago heard about their stance on gun control. Glad I only ever bought one album years ago. Use napster to get their stuff for free just to piss them off
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top