Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2005 7:34:31 PM EDT
Fuel Concepts

Reported Gas Mileage Increases as high as 58%

Fuel Concepts has had many reported gas mileage increases between 18% to 58%.
The average gas mileage increase for vehicles using the Fuel Saver 5000 is over 40% on the highway.
The results you achieve may vary depending upon driving conditions and styles of driving.

The Fuel Saver 5000 is Fuel Concepts' next generation "Dual Stage" gasoline vaporizer. The "Fuel Saver 5000" offers an improved new and unique patent pending design with a "two stage vaporization process" compared with the older "single stage units" offered by our competitors. See our "How It Works" page to see the comparison and make your own decision.

Any input?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:38:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Fuel savings have to come from somewhere.  It's possible that this device can actually cause your car to burn less gas... by creating a lean condition that will cause you to fail emissions tests and eventually burn holes in pistons.  And that's just on a carbureted car... forget it if you have anything resembling EFI, as it'll just alter injector pulse width to compensate.

Edit:  Read their "Secrets" page

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:38:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Input?
Simple. Its bullshit.

Big Car Co has to meet minimum milage specs based on government regulations. They've been trying to eek out all the milage they can and still give us our V8 fun.
If they could increase the milage by 25% (As an average) for under 50 bucks these would already be in every car currently produced.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:45:07 PM EDT
[#3]
RIP- OFF
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:47:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
RIP- OFF

+1
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:49:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
RIP- OFF

+1

+2
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:53:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I was really looking for the Tornado Fuel saver and stumbled across that.  

Since I could find no reviews or testimonials I decided to ask the numerous people here.

I also read somewhere that automobiles really only get about less than 1/4 the energy/power gas produces (I think about 14%).  I thought that this device enabled the engine to use the gas more efective and therefore increased fuel milage.

Not to mention hearing stories of carbs that can get upto 200 MPG with regular gas (myths I hope).

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:06:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
RIP- OFF

+1

+2

+3
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:07:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Any input?

Yeah ...

Seriously , think about it . Vehicle manf's spend
millions of dollars on design improvements to gain
a  1/2 or 1% increase in fuel mileage .
If this product did what it claims , don't you think
it would be on every new car on the road ?

You can apply this line of thought to every add on
wonder gizmo you have ever seen .  
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:09:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Pick your poison....Just forget it!!!!!

Do you for one second think that the auto mfr's wouldn't give you more mileage out of the same vehicle if they could?  You don't think that they would offer a Semi truck that got 80 miles to the gallon if they could do it?

Gimmics!!!!!

Many attempts have been made to "atomize" the fuel better for better power and less consumption but they either make the vehicle so it can't get out of it's own way or they just plain fail.  I WANT to see the vehicle that increases it's mileage by 40% at highway speeds.  Just remember, if you only get a 1% increase in mileage, that is ok because they said results vary.  "Reported Gas Mileage Increases as high as 58%".  They don't tell you that the guy that installed it also had a faulty engine mgmt. computer, a bad oxygen sensor, two failed plug wires, and a bad MAP sensor all replaced at the same time he had the unit installed.

I work at a auto dealer, and I have seen a lot of this junk pass my way.  Please just put the cash in your tank like the rest of us sorry SOB's and save yourself the grief.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:10:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Check out this month's Popular Mechanic's.  They test and debunk 5 different devices, including the Tornado.  They are all rip-offs.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:15:31 PM EDT
[#11]
my fuel saver X-project include the following:
1. low rolling resistance tires at proper psi.
2. no AC and windows up.
3. oil changed and air filter cleaned last week. Engine properly tuned.
4. gradual acceleration and laying off the brakes as much as possible
5. driving the speed limit
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top