Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2005 6:15:30 PM EDT
can any real sheriffs give me an idea what it involves and what are the ups and downs?

thanks
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:16:43 PM EDT
[#1]
lots of good info. here:  www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=1&f=76
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:28:14 PM EDT
[#2]
do I have to be 21?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:30:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I think sworn officers need to be 21 almost anywhere - there's that whole thing about not buying handgun ammo until you're 21.  

However, you can be a jailer or be a dispatcher before you're 21.

R.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:35:14 PM EDT
[#4]
damn, i wanted to be a cadet am i too young? im 19
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:36:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, I am not sure how many "Sheriff's" we have on this board but I am a "Deputy Sheriff".
Easn County only has one "Sheriff" who is elected.  Everyone else in the Department who is sworn Law Enforcement is a "Deputy Sheriff", Chiefs, Captains, Sergeants etc..............

It is a good job and some Departments pay pretty well.
You get to take people to jail and catch bad guys.
You get to help people who have been hurt or stolen from.

You can never fix all the problems people have created for themselves.
At first, (for several years at least) you will most likely work nights, weekends and holidays.  Not so great if you have a family.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:43:43 PM EDT
[#6]
what age do i have to be to be a cadet?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top